Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good
default_smile.png

as your say still a bit more cooking to go I think
default_smile.png

Longer sounds good coz I'm a bit nervous being the first time but not too long coz we're heading into winter soon!

Today her tail is gone limp again, vulva looks a bit more impressive but not much. The V seems to have turned back into a U. Her udder looks a little puffier today, kinda pinker too. Is this ok/normal?????? Maybe she's been doing the mare equivalent to topless sunbaking.

DSC_0017.JPGDSC_0018.JPGDSC_0019.JPGDSC_0020.JPG

I took this photo too coz she looked a bit out of shape. What is going on here?! There's a big ridge right down her middle where the ribs end.

DSC_0022.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
thats quie normal... as the foal is sitting down quite low... maybe up her feed a little so that when baby comes he/she won't deplete her to much... she probably doesn't need that much more just to help especially as we are going into winter and she will be using fat sources to keep herself warm aswell...

I'm with Diane in thinking she has a little longer to go... but could go anytime... (we're a big help aren't we LOL)

good luck!

haha don't worry, I figured that's about what it amounts to.

As of two days ago I'd upped her feed to an extra scoop of Lucerne in the arvo. Should that be enough of an increase?

Found this site while I was looking around. Really good diaries and photos of three mare's pregnancies.

http://www.yellowhouseranch.com/foaling.htm

That crayonbox site is good, bit easier to compare littlies.

Will wait patiently for Chanda to tell me this is a 100% sure, totally guaranteed, never failed, 24hr till foaling prediction ''shape"
default_new_rofl.gif

Vulva is still pink tonight. If I check it last thing at night and it is pink does that mean I should be safe for the night?

LOL!! I would like to tell you that pink at teatime might mean a good night's sleep for you BUT I wouldn't count on it especially with a maiden!! That pink CAN change to red AS they go into the first stage of labour! Putting that together with the change in her belly (perfectly normal in a lot of mares) I would be keeping a very VERY close eye on this young lady from now on!
default_yes.gif

yep I agree with Anna,you should be ok but I NEVER trust a maiden. lol Her weird tummy is quite normal, but poor girl
default_thud.gif
that can't be comfy for mum.

Dont worry, she gets spied on so much I feel like one of those nosy people that peak out the curtain and watch the neighbours business
default_new_rofl.gif

Last night and this morning she did the flehmen response. Not sure if this is the same in pregnant mares but our pregnant nannies start to do it a week or so before we get some action.

I feel cheated! I go away for awhile and no new foals
default_thumbdown.gif
Give them a stern telling off from me!

I'll tell them Aunty Bree is unimpressed by their lack of motivation and commitment. Most likely I'll lose my audiance as soon as they realise there's no free food at this lecture.
default_wacko.png

Here''s the belly from this arvo. Vulva looks pink with slightly darker pink around the edges. Everything else is about the same.

DSC_0013.JPG

looks good to go!!! with Flemhing both Suzie and Classic did heaps of yawning/ flehming just a bit before foaling... Suzie ate her dinner did some yawning paced around a bit dropped down and foaled LOL

I can find her video if you wanted to see it?

This edema is getting lovely and big. Shame about the udder tho.

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

Bindi's new calling. Aunty to Superman. Dad (Strongbow) has been sent back to the ladies and this little man was a bit lonely.

DSC_0013.JPG

Lovely to see that video again Cassie - also interesting for folks to notice how much space Suzie had in her stable, plenty of room for her and for you to be able to help her, plus when she got up a little too fast/soon after foaling, there was still space for her to safely fall back down again and take a rest.
default_yes.gif

WOW!! That is some edema!! Now if that suddenly moves into her udder!!

Latest posts

Back