Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha i literally laughed out loud when i read that
default_smile.png
I cannot help with the red vulva as i didnt see Cocoas change. But it looks a little pink to me still.

Yeah I think she looks pink still too. The other mares pics are very red compared to Sweety.

Not easy to see but the colour does seem to be changing from within so she's progressing normally - just carry on keeping a close and attentive eye on her.
default_yes.gif

I KNOW! lol Yesterday when she came up for feeding thats exactly what I thought! Baby must have been lying all nice and not sideways the other day to get us excited
default_frusty.gif

Hopefully that baby will settle down soon. Every day Sweety is a different shape!

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0030.jpg

This might be nothing but do you think her vulva looks redder compared to four days ago? What's the normal rules for the change, is it a slow colour change or pink to angry red in a few hours.

March 14

DSC_0012.JPG

March 18

DSC_0028.JPG

She is approx 311 days today so due anytime now till May I guess lol. I would love to put mare stare up but we are on limited internet. We are classed as "rural Australia" so can only get wireless which doubles in price and not much download. I should probably look into it to see how much more it would actually cost us to have it all set up coz it would be awesome to have. At the moment I've got her in the yard next to our house and in the night I grab the torch and watch her for a bit. She probably hates it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
fair enough... that sucks!

wow she is getting close! so exciting!

have you got lights on out there? probably need to start doing a 2 hourly check on her as she could go anytime now! if you had lights on you could watch her better without stressing her out just a suggestion
default_smile.png
got your foaling kit all ready?
default_smile.png
and blankets for bubby?

Yay we are getting closer! I cant wait for these 2 foals to be on the ground!

Same here Lexi!

We don't have any light's Cassie but I could see if hubby can hook something up. Should I have her foaling alarm on her now too? Also about the blankets do you normally buy dog rugs and what size would I get?

see what the others think... I would personally have lights on her so that you can see her more clearly and also for when she foals she won't be scared or put off by the torch... ummm foaling alarm... how is her udder looking? let me check my rugs...I think I got a 40CM or 20" rug for Finn... he was a small foal... so anywhere around there I think is good
default_smile.png

Yes I would suggest lights just in case you need to help her, you can't do that if you have to hold a torch. JMHO

Udder started changing a few weeks back but has been at a stand still since then. I have a lantern in my kit that I am going to use when she foals. It gives of a soft light that is bright enough to see whats happening and it can just sit on the ground or on a ledge.

Looking a bit trimmer today. She did have a blood red line/spot inside on the bottom of her vulva this morning but maybe this might just be from rubbing excessively?

DSC_0029.JPGDSC_0034.JPGDSC_0024.JPGDSC_0022.JPG

Here's the other lovely, she gets scratches and feeds but I haven't been thinking of her scandalous state.

DSC_0018.JPG

I ended up putting the foaling alarm on Sweety last night. I checked her at about 12 then at 3 the alarm went off but she was just flat out zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hey thats quite a V that she has going there!!! good decision putting the alarm on her last night... while her tummy is looking like that I would have it on her too... has she had foals before? she hasn't got much happening udder wise but thats quite an edema in front of it... she might be a mare that bags up really quick just before foaling...

how soft is she around her tail? is she still able to clamp it down when you lift it?

your other little mare is gorgeous too! how long before she is due?

is it cold up your way now at night? neither girls seem to be that fluffy...

We are starting to get cool mornings and evenings but the days are still pretty hot. Bindi has started on her winter coat but Sweety hasn't. They are different in winter tho, Sweety has more of a big horse winter coat but Bindi looks like a sheep dog. I have no idea when Bindi is due. I had her with Wazza for ages thinking she was already pregnant when I got her and I can't remember exactly when I separated them. It was either June or July. Very stupid in hind site, obviously Wazza didn't have his goods working till May. She has zilch of an udder. Sweety is a maiden and her edema is pretty impressive. Just waiting for it to move and fill up the back! Her tail is starting to get floppy again, still a tincy amount of resistance there tho.

ok I would think about another week or two... but as she is a maiden I would be keeping a close eye on her from now on
default_smile.png
good luck! your two girls sound a lot like my two... Penny hardly ever gets a winter coat! (although she already has a thicker coat now then she did last winter... might mean something... :/) and Suzie and Finn are absoloute hair bears lol funny how different horses have different ways of dressing for winter
default_smile.png

can we see a tummy pic of Bindi please?
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back