Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not a bad idea!

Didn't take photos but udder is looking a little bigger again this morning. 343 days today

Hang in there Hayley - she cant go much longer .............................. can she?? Just joking! That glass of wine and the shared rocking chair sounds like a brilliant idea to me.
default_yes.gif

Wish you were in the same state, I'd volunteer to inflict you all with ZOMBIE BREE a few weeks early and watch her for you!

But remember to stay calm, and breath. No matter how tempting the urge to throttle her gets
default_new_rofl.gif

Cassie, you're in the same state, where is your offer?
default_new_rofl.gif

Its ok girls, we'll manage. I might become a menace to society and be locked away but they probably have the internet so I can still chat
default_new_rofl.gif

Praise be for internet availability - everywhere, just in case!!!! LOL!!

We all feel your "pain" but remember -- you will quickly forget it all once that baby is nuzzling you!!

Excuses excuses!
default_new_rofl.gif

Last night was better, hubby took turns, so not so tired today. I can see her nipples from the side now when she walks. They must be hanging lower.

Her being Sweety, not my hubby
default_new_rofl.gif

Still acting like she's got no intention of foaling. Talked to an old aquaintance yesterday and explained my predicament. He has foaled horses before and said she's probably waiting for the day you need to move then she'll have it. He musta had some meanies in his time lol

Last edited by a moderator:
At least she is healthy and strong and moving ahead just perfectly. It's frustrating, and we feel your pain, but hopefully she will give you this little one sooner than later. Personally, I just can hardly wait to see some SPOTS !!

Hey she is looking really good!!!

Ok my offer... Ill come babysit sweety On the night she foals hehe sound like a plan? Sounds like a plan to me ?

Na I totally understand where you're coming from
default_smile.png
if we remember miss suzie minx I was watching her from June till October ?

Sweety wi foal when she is good ready and has probably got you shipped off to a mental asylum lol

I'm almost afraid to vote on a day. I'm so bad at it ---- I'll shoot for the night of September 6, so you have the whole weekend to play!!

I really hope she has it this week. Give baby a few days to get used to life outside before we move HER! Can you tell I hope its a filly lol.

Finally some excitement here!

After my last post Sweety started acting agitated. She was still eating, but would storm off flicking her tail all grumpy. This went on for about two hours then about 5.30 she started getting up and down. 5.33 she was pushing and i'm freaking out trying to work out what 15mins after 5.33 was incase there was no progress but my brain just wasn't working! Her waters broke and white bag started coming out, phew! Next was a foot but it was a lot squishier than I was expecting so of course I thought it was a nose. Panic. Then other foot came out (phew) and nose all pretty much level with the first foot. Panic. Sweety rolled and second foot and nose went back to where the were supposed to be. I held the pressure on baby while she was pushing. Sweety had her standing up in the end so I caught her. Bag didn't break so I opened it, wasn't expecting it to be so hard. I was a bit worried at first as Sweety was getting mad evertime baby bumped into her but she's got the hang of unconditional mother love now and baby is allowed to do anything. She is sooo cute, black as black. Not a spot on her that I can see, might have to get at her with some correction pen. All over red rover by 5.40. Soooo thankful it all went perfectly. Baby has found the milk bar and I think Sweety has milk as there was a lot of squelching going on under there! Will go back and check her again in a min. just thought i'd better leave her as baby was following me a bit and didn't want her to get the wrong idea of who mummy was! Here's some photos of our little cutie!

DSC_0051.JPGDSC_0053.JPGDSC_0054.JPGDSC_0055.JPGDSC_0056.JPGDSC_0060.JPGDSC_0065.JPGDSC_0066.JPGDSC_0068.JPGDSC_0069.JPGDSC_0071.JPGDSC_0072.JPG

Continuing from my joy on facebook:

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Took her time
default_whistling.gif
LOL!

She's looking very sweet, I hope we get loads of dry photos tomorrow!

If she stays that dark when she dries out then I hope you like grey, she's looking very dark! What a darling!

Is very black a sign they will grey out? I'm not worried either way, still can't believe I got a filly! So awesome!!!

Often the greys don't get that lighter coloured foal shading that we often see. It's like they tease us with awesome colour
default_new_rofl.gif
But they always look darker wet so the colour obssesor in me can't wait to see her dry!

As an example though, a Lipizzaner foal, born black and will go grey (also has the classic grey goggles):

srs-foal-mare's-flank-lr-710304.jpg

A black Arab foal, not likely to grey out:

BlackFoal178.jpg

You can see the differences in their foal coats. Foal colour is so mean!
default_new_rofl.gif

So happy she's on the ground for you finally! And I still love "About Time" as a name :p

Latest posts

Back