Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read it was 2 - 4 weeks norm so I was thinking she was out to get me but if 5 is still normal I will forgiver her and buy some more V.

Still learning my colours Ray but what Anna has said sounds right to me.

Actually, I always think the slow and steady udder development can be from 4-6 weeks, so she's almost there, as Anna said.

COME ON SWEETY. You can fill in the missing parts of the udder when you foal....it will be just fine, pretty girl. We're ready and anxious!!

If Sweety doesn't hurry up she'll end up racing Rivain
default_wink.png

Not to go off topic to far but, my black mare Coco has 2 blue eyes and has a silver hair about every inch or so on her coat. Does that make here a what? I hear you ladies talk about frame and splash. And I just get cornfused. She has a dished face if that helps any.
Would need to see a picture to be sure, each pinto pattern has a few characteristics that help identify them although visual analysis is never as accurate as genetic... but it can be pretty close! They can also have a number of patterns at once, so your girls blue eyes could come from splash or frame and the white hairs in the coat could be from sabino.

I was sure I would see that certain post that we are all waiting for when I jumped on here this morning crazy week and weekend both good and bad ill update my post later.

Exciting news about the house selling, I hope you were able to get all you wanted for it. So quick that's awesome! Unlike someone else we know who isn't so quick ahem sweety? Lol she really is looking good Hayley a bit more filling and she will be ready ;)

Yup! She's almost there!! Come on Sweety. Either go shopping or just lay down and show us that baby!!

I was looking at picture of other udders online, (can you get arrested for that?) and a lot of them had really filled nipples so I reckon Sweety will make us wait till that happens lol.

Bit of a sad day today. After much thought we realised we wouldn't be able to have the fencing finished at our block before we move and I really didn't want to leave Sweety's foal for 24hrs at a time, so we've decided to move her to my parents while we are renting. They have hardly any room and can't have Bindi as well so I decided last night to put out some adds to find a suitable home. I have had heaps of callers this morning but only one seemed perfect. A lady who has a few horses and a older mini that was dumped at their property who was a bit feral at first but has slowly become one of the family. They found this mini was such a good companion to their horses that when she saw my ad she thought Bindi would be perfect for her quarter horse, a mare that loves the other mini to bits but is the same age as Bindi. It will be a forever home till they both pass so I'm really happy with that arrangement. Anyways, its more convenient for her to come this arvo than in the next few weeks so I'm feeling a bit cheated but I'm really happy with who I found her. Bit confused really!

Last edited by a moderator:
Selling always sucks but it's much easier when the home is perfect. I know I was a wreck waiting for Storm's buyers to arrive and I felt like crying after he left but it's been fantastic to see him blossom with his new family, they're giving him so much more then he got here!

Big hugs
default_smile.png

Thanks, they have just picked her up. I fed Sweety to distract her but the food has run out and she's calling out. I feel so bad. Hopefully she has this foal soon or I will have to loan another mini to keep her company. The ladies were really nice and its so good to know she's going to an excellent horsey home.

Oh what a shame, but it sounds as though you have managed to find Bindi a great home - will you be able to visit her sometimes? We are going to miss seeing her pictures on here.

Hopefully Sweety will produce her baby soon.
default_yes.gif

So sorry you had to do this, but so glad she got a good home.

Come on Sweety. Have your little one soon, and you will be so happy to have your little one to watch over!!

She came to me for her hay with her ears pinned back so hopefully that means she's not in the mood coz she's having little contractions and will have her baby not too late tonight or at first light in the morning. Yep, that probably exactly what it means
default_new_rofl.gif

Crossing my fingers that it's the case!! She's really doing good now....COME ON SWEETY!!!!

Still no bub. Hubby and I are tired and stressed about getting sorted for moving so she'd better hurry up or we'll probably divorce over it!

Well, we certainly hope not!! Take a break, have a glass of wine, sit in a rocking chair and just relax for a bit TOGETHER!!

Latest posts

Back