Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and by the way, NOBODY told me about the 'feathers' on their hooves when they arrive!!! I was a bit worried something was terribly wrong especially when she started standing and it looked like they were splitting lol.

I also talked to Cassie yesterday and she said it was best to worm Sweety now so Liquorice can get some protection. Only problem is I wormed her two weeks ago. When is the earliest I can do it? I'm assuming in another two weeks?

You can do it right now with an Ivermectin based paste, the sooner the better as it won't hurt Sweety to get another dose so soon
default_smile.png

I LOVE the "golden slippers!" your reaction must have been a bit
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

By the way colour people are mostly saying black with a few possible greys thrown in... I think they find Sweety's colour more interesting!

Any of the wormers containing Ivermectin will do (read the packet). However it is supposed to be given within 12 hours of foaling (purpose being to hopefully prevent foal maybe getting the scours when mare has her foaling heat). What did you worm Sweety with 2 weeks ago? As you have missed the 12 hour window, I wouldn't really worry about worming her again, although it wont hurt her.

PICS!! PICS!! PICS!! Please.
default_yes.gif

K, I might do it again just incase. I can't remember the brand I used but it was those pellets and the main ingredient is Ivermectin. Would love to get you pics now but its dark and only Sweety will show up in the photo haha

The appaloosa mottling will take time to appear, so those black girly parts, her muzzle and under her tail may well begin changing slowly and show her mottling. She's just so pretty!!

Great pictures, Anna, and I think it will be great fun to see how she changes. I'm still leaning to black, especially with the lighter counter-shading going on in her foal coat. But what fun to watch her!!

What a darling! Won't be long and she'll forget she has anything BUT her legs... and her stomach
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl ENJOY!!

Oh my, what an absolute little cute bundle of delight. Thank you for the pictures - keep them coming!
default_yes.gif

wow so she did have a bun in the oven after all. lol and what an adorable little bun too.

She looks so kissable
default_yes.gif
Hayley you must be over the moon
default_firstprize.gif

/monthly_09_2013/post-44615-0-41667300-1378171556_thumb.jpg

With the bubs I don't so much look at conformation I go for the general "look" and your darling is looking fine!

I like the "3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years" rule of thumb, often at each stage you will get a good feel for maturing quality. of course when they are covered in fluff it's a bit hard to tell
default_new_rofl.gif

I totally agree. She looks just beautiful, and there are no striking problems visable. So, we'll give her some time to grow and get even more beautiful!!

I do the 3, 3 and 3 too Bree - prefer to ignore all mine through the yearling and two year old stages! LOL!!

Latest posts

Back