Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's still holding on. I 'think' she might be looking slimmer today but I'll have to post some photos to see what you guys think.

326 days today

Took photos and she doesn't look as skinny as this morning. I might have been dreaming! Was a beautiful balmy 28 degrees up here today. Very unlike winter. Perfect for baby popping. Not sure what to make of her udder today. The underneath shot looks bigger but looks smaller from back (to me anyways!)

DSC_0044.JPGDSC_0050.JPGDSC_0045.JPGDSC_0049.JPG

What a nice udder she's making for you! She's looking very good. Just a little more rolling baby into place and moving her slightly forward and she could go any time! I'm so excited to see this little one with SPOTS!

It might look a little less in the back, but she's also filling the front. Is her udder holding all day or still going up and down with her daily exercise?

She's look fantastic!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Agree with Diane, if she's holding the size that's even better then it sometimes looking bigger.

Well it kinda looks the same in the mornings as the arvos. Even tho she's in a smaller yard for the nights its still about 30x30 meters so plenty of walking around going on. Doesn't it only fill during the nights if they've been stalled? We're off to Brisbane tomorrow evening and my mums coming over to set up camp. Hopefully Sweety holds off till we get back on Thurs arvo!

It will fill when their movement is restricted so the fill at night thing is more noticeable when stalled or yarded, but I've noticed my paddock girls are usually a bit more full in the morning, probably from standing around snoozing most of the time!

I think she will hang on for you Hayley - but as we all know, things can change very quickly at this stage! Hope your Mother enjoys her 'camping' session!
default_yes.gif

Hope your trip goes well Hayley maybe could we get one more set of pics before you go? That's if you think there are some changes
default_smile.png
hoping you went out this morning to see her back legs tightly crossed ? just kidding of course hope everything goes well for your daughter
default_smile.png

haha, well I went out this morning and her udder looked slightly bigger! It might just be the night fill working tho. I'll take pictures before I leave. Want to do a final check incase things are looking super ready so I can give mum the heads up.

She has progressed a fair bit more and now I'm panicking!!
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_ohnoes.jpg
I've told mum the drill and I know she'll keep an eye on her but still wishing I was around! Hooha has gone vertical, not red inside that I can see. I've posted a close up of her teats, can someone have a close look and let me know if that is the start of waxing.

DSC_0043.JPGDSC_0045.JPGDSC_0046.JPGDSC_0048.JPGDSC_0049.JPGDSC_0051.JPGDSC_0053.JPG

My two blondies
DSC_0050.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow she has progressed a lot keep that baby in sweety!!!!!

Hopefully she will wait a few more days until you get home
default_smile.png
but I'm glad you have your mum there just in case
default_smile.png
keep those legs crossed sweety!

Oh my! She certainly has taken a 'fast forward' stint!! Things have changed pretty fast in the past 24 hours, including the colour inside her vulva - I think it looks a little more red? But no, that is not the start of wax - waxing doesn't normally happen slowly, more it comes suddenly and then breaks off as the mare moves around, which is why so many owners never see it.

I'm sure that you have given your Mother plenty of 'instructions' before you left, but the most important thing at the moment is that Mother never leaves Sweety alone for any length of time - hope she's willing to sit up through the night!! Really hoping that Sweety hangs on for you - after all this time you deserve the chance to be there for the birth.
default_yes.gif

Hope your trip to brisbane goes smoothly.

WOW!! What a change!!

Hope your mom has read the foaling thread and has the vet number on speed dial! She's looking fabulous and moving ahead in leaps and bounds!!

When do you get back?

I think Hayley said Thursday afternoon Diane - keeping my fingers tightly crossed that Sweety hangs on for her!!

Reply from Hayley
default_smile.png

"Thanks, just waiting in oncology ATM. Mum had a good night with sweety. She's probably tired as today but sweety is holding on for me. If everything goes well up here we should be home around 5pm today."

Thanks for the message Cassie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the family - plus it looks as though Sweety is hanging on for Hayley to get home too.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back