Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch her closely now Hayley
default_smile.png
she has started filling the teats hopefully she will be a mare that waxes up for you
default_smile.png

Naughty Ashanti! Hope all goes well this year for you Heidi
default_smile.png

321 days

Hooha looking slightly relaxed, wasn't allowed to peak in today. Her mood is slightly different today, bit agitated. Mind you baby is being an absolute pain in there, so no wonder. Just watching her for a while and her belly flys left then right, then udder jiggles around. Poor Sweety doesn't know how to stand to relieve it! I'm assuming all this activity means baby isn't lined up yet? I think I remember reading somewhere that it should go quiet once they are packed in tight. Here's today's photos

DSC_0044.JPGDSC_0047.JPGDSC_0048.JPGDSC_0049.JPGDSC_0050.JPG

And poor Bindi, banished to share the grass with the chooks.

DSC_0051.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
She's moving ahead sooooo nicely now. From the pictures, baby isn't lined up just yet, but this can change quickly, as we all know. Her side shot is showing how good she is doing, and baby is dropping nicely.

Keep you eyes peeled -- she can change very quickly should she decide to. This is getting so exciting -- come on little momma!!

Ok, the trick title was mainly to get Bree back for all her nasty guessing games hahaha.

No baby yet, but here are todays pictures!

DSC_0042.JPGDSC_0043.JPGDSC_0044.JPGDSC_0046.JPGDSC_0047.JPG

LOL!! Naughty naughty!! Seriously though, she's looking so close that you could be filling that title in with a "****/*****" before very long!!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really hoping she has it before next Wednesday. I have to take my daughter to Brissie for a lumber puncher and don't want to miss it! I have a stand in zombie to do 24hr watch if it comes to that!

She looks almost ready
default_smile.png
hopefully she will have her baby before Wednesday
default_smile.png
good luck safe foaling and remember I'm happy for a call even if its just for moral support hehe so excited for you!!

Sneaky....and VERY clever!!!!

Hoping for a healthy baby before Wednesday. She looks about ready -- just needs to line that little one up and push!!

I have a little pocket pony today which is TOTALLY adorable! I let Sweety out of her night yard and she went out then followed me back in for a scratch. Then another. Then followed me around like a magnet. she's normally good for one scratch then 'let me out to the big yard!" Bindi in the adjoining yard was throwing massive tantrums since I was the new bestest friend. Its good tho, she needs the exercise lol. I ended up having to leave Sweety which was really hard, she keeps calling out towards the house. I have to clean today tho, as we have an open house tomorrow and then my son turns 7 on Sunday so organising stuff for that. Sweety's having a good roll atm. She's still hanging around in the night yard. Bindi's disappeared, so touchee!

That change in behavior is a good sign that she's getting much closer. Keep your eyes posted!! And happy foaling should she decide she's ready to go!!!

ok cool!

Where has Bree disappeared to? The foal will be here before she is and I'll have to change my title and thats no fun
default_sad.png

Oooooooooo that sort of behaviour often means that a birth is very close!

PLEASE keep a close eye on her during the day and dont leave her for a second at night. Years ago I lost the first mini (and her foall) that I ever foaled because I ignored this behaviour sign (didn't realise its possible meaning). Mare was a maiden and around 10 days before her due date, plus she was not looking quite ready to foal. She followed me around all day, wanting hugs and scratches. That night she foaled, got the foal stuck in a position that would have been easy to correct. Foal obviously died but the litte mare was left paralysed due to damaged nerves in her spine. I have never forgotten her, nor forgiven myself for not being there for her when she needed me. It was a hard lesson to learn regarding the foaling of mini mares and the reason why I 'scream' at everyone to BE THERE for our precious little ones.
default_yes.gif

Thats terrible Anna, so sorry you had to go through it. Be rest assured I've placed myself under house arrest and Sweety has no dignity left with the amount of spying watching I do. Example: why can't they line up for a wizzer correctly before they start? They always put one of their legs out further AFTER they've started. (see, i've been watching TOO much lol) Sweety's udder looks like its gone down from yesterday
default_sad.png
Couldn't see inside her hooha, out of bounds again today. Outside looked bit more relaxed but after all the 'baby falling out' hoohas she's had, I'm not entirely sure I should rely on that for a sign
default_new_rofl.gif

DSC_0043.JPGDSC_0044.JPGDSC_0047.JPGDSC_0048.JPGDSC_0049.JPG

ok cool!

Where has Bree disappeared to? The foal will be here before she is and I'll have to change my title and thats no fun
default_sad.png
I'm here! Been flat out organizing fencing and Hansel stuff.... and look at the progress she's made while my back was turned!! I should do that more often
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Do you think she'll hold out until I get back from my Magni visit? Just in case I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a perfectly healthy and stress free birth!

We're glad to see you back, and no, you shouldn't do that more often!

Isn't she doing wonderfully ? I think she's doing fabulous!! Keep it up little momma!!

I'm waiting too.

If my stomach ever settles down today, I want to do pics... UGH - first no power yesterday for 6 hours while temps and humidity soaring (hubby and I actually talked about a backup generator for our house) and the power crews got power back on about 2.5 hours after they originally had hoped... Right now, I'm taking it ez. Just heard back from my farrier (who is a soldier home on a break and was going to come do some of ours while here) after cancelling our apptmt today.

not a pleasant weekend! Think our foal will wait a bit. She's not due until early September, she's a maiden and no real udder development yet.

Latest posts

Back