Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it does hurt, its gotta be a nice change from sleep deprevation hurt
default_new_rofl.gif

A slightly open hooha bodes well. Maybe she's finally getting this in gear!

COME ON SWEETY. We're all REALLY going to need therapy if you don't show us that little one soon!!

Day 358 today. My subconsious is so creepy. I dreamt last night she had her baby but it was a human baby. Wasnt weird in the dream, just a huge dissapointment as there were no spot or colour!

Today her hooha looks so scrubched up. If nothing has happened by next wednesday I'm getting the vet out to check her. What if she holds out till september??!!

IMG_20130508_093221.jpgIMG_20130508_093324-1.jpgIMG_20130508_093245.jpg

SHE WON'T HOLD OUT TO SEPTEMBER -- but certainly, you must do what makes you feel most comfortable. We're all behind you! I think she just has a little more time -- since she IS growing an udder, I think we'll see a bit more filling, and then baby!

So we had a little chat this morning. I explained the undignified way she'd be handled if the vet had to come out next week.
default_new_rofl.gif

IMG_20130509_093717-1-1.jpgIMG_20130509_093157.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 358 today. My subconsious is so creepy. I dreamt last night she had her baby but it was a human baby. Wasnt weird in the dream, just a huge dissapointment as there were no spot or colour!
I can totally relate!! I dreamed Summer had a Lama, a pig, and something else, but I can't remember now for the lack of sleep at the time! LOL Every time I was desperately trying to get the sack off its nose.... It was awful!

Haha so weird hey. I actually remember in this dream it looked wrong and I realised it still had the bag on it and it couldn''t breath. But then when I opened the bag it was a baby inside. So wrong
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm glad you had a talk with her -- but what a LOOK she gave you!!

/monthly_05_2013/post-44615-0-34872000-1368058287.jpg

I think she may have dropped some more. With my luck she'll have sucked it back in by tomorrow. She's acting a bit anxious this morning. Probably that impending vet visit
default_new_rofl.gif

Other day then today

IMG_20130510_093940-1.jpg/monthly_05_2013/post-44615-0-13558200-1367970422_thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we're coming into evening and she's still acting like the sky is going to fall. I accidentally slammed the gate after I'd fed her and she jumped about a meter and bolted. She should be used to it, I do it everyday lol. The whole time she's eating she's keeping her head up looking around, not relaxed at all.

She is looking VERY dropped. At this point I would let your vet know that you have a mare ready to foal without much udder, just as a precaution. Most probably she'll fill her udder at foaling, but it's always good to let the vet know ahead of time, to make sure her "supplies" are in order in case you need them. Most times you don't but it's a good thing to give them a "heads-up".

/monthly_05_2013/post-44615-0-11173100-1368143802_thumb.jpg She's really looking good!!! Not much longer!

Thanks Diana, and just checking before I ring them up and sound like an idiot, am I letting them know so they have formula on hand or that injection that helps mum get milk in?

You're letting them know you may need the injection to bring in momma's milk.

Probably won't need it, but it never hurts to have the vets prepared and on alert!

Very sensible suggestion on Diane's part, especially as Sweety is looking so dropped and in the go position! Allowing for the fact that you may not be able to anticipate foaling via her udder filling properly, are you keeping a close eye on the colour in her vulva - this, apart from obvious labour behaviour, might be your only sign that gives you an early warning. I'm sure we dont need to tell you not to leave her for any reason if you think she might foal!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back