Rescued maiden mare (Coco) delivered 8/3 horse colt new pics 8/19 Sugar delivered 8/22 3am

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked on the other mares here. I bought a beautiful tri colored mare a couple months ago. She came out of a 300 acre pasture with 40 other minis. The man I got her from called and said one of his geldings wasnt castrated completely (they missed one) and my Sugar may be bred. That poor man may be gonna have 30 to 35 colts. So I may be here for a while. lol I will try to get a few pics of her and see what you Aunties think. She looks like she is getting awfully big.

Congrats on your new bub!
default_smile.png

If he's a bit of a Rascal already, then the name is certainly going to suit him in a few months - maybe forever! LOL!! I must also congratulate you on Coco's condition, she looks superb.
default_thumbup.gif

Cant wait for the pics of your new, possibly pregnant, mare and it's great to hear that you may be staying around for a while - plus we will have more time to watch over another pregnancy.
default_yes.gif

Those pictures are fabulous! I love the name, and from his antics, it suits him well!!

Another one to watch! We love it!

So happy to have you here, and such good news that Little Rascal is doing fine, and that Coco has returned to her old self!!

How does your dad like the little guy?

Not a mini, but this is my Rebel:

First at about a day old:

Rebel - May 26, 2003.jpg

And more recent pic (7 years old):

Rebel - feb 27, 2010.jpg

He was such a stinker at just a few days old, that I named him Rebel; I'm so glad he didn't live up to his name, cause now he's 16H and easily 1200# and the biggest sweetheart ever.

Congrats on a beautiful baby! Looking forward to seeing your other mare's pregnancy.

What a way for me to check out this series of threads again (I was very regular for a while, then just didn't have the time, LOL). We have at least one more coming - have some more pics to do and then will do a new post on my previous thread. I love the new babies!

Welcome to the "Nutty Nursery". Hope to hear much more from you! Keep posting pics of your girls and the new babies.

Finally got a small lot outside safe to let Coco and Rascal outside. Let the oyher horses up in the other lot and Coco was fine till my little stud Bullet went a little crazy and momma rushed him back inside. Think Bullet may have to leave. Friend of mine has a beautiful Leopard stud he offered free service anytime. Dad has been a lil under the weather so far but maybe tomorrow, he was so excited to see the video and pics of Rascal so far. Sure did make him smile and he really hasnt smiled for a while now. But I maybe able to wheel him up to see him tomorrow. Gonna get a few pics of Sugar this evening. I think she may be 3 weeks to a month out yet, but I am not an expert for sure. Thats why I came here
default_smile.png
Thanks for the congrats all.

I haven't been on this forum for quite a while now. So I'm catching up! Welcome to 'The Nutty Nursery.' And Congratulations on your beautiful colt!! So glad that it all went well...........especially for your first time and a maiden mare! Yay! I'll be watching for pictures of your other mare.

IMAG0005 (640x480).jpgIMAG0010 (640x480).jpgIMAG0008 (640x480).jpgIMAG0009 (640x480).jpgFinally got a few pics of Sugar. She now is either pregnant or to fat for her own good. She waddles when she walks. Kinda how Coco did. Any advice?

From this picture, I'm guessing pregnant, as her tummy is lopsided, and we love lopsided tummies!!!! She's a pretty girl, too!!! And love those new pictures of little Rascal!!

Chanda, your Rebel is quite a beautiful boy!!!

/monthly_08_2013/post-45335-0-18867500-1375654287_thumb.jpg

IMAG0006 (640x480).jpgIMAG0008 (640x480).jpgIMAG0009 (640x480).jpgIMAG0012 (640x480).jpgIMAG0002 (640x480).jpgHeres a few new pics of Sugar from today. She is a 4 year old maiden accidentally bred by a jet black stud. She came out of 300 acres with 40 others and no idea when she is due. I bought her in May this year. She has dropped alot in the past week. Her milk vein dropped 5 days ago and is huge now. But not much bag. She carries her tail all the time now for the past 2 days and is rubbing her butt alot. Any guesses 7-14 days?

OMG!!! What a little cutie!!! She really had me fooled. I thought from the pictures she had a little more time to go. She really carried that little one up high and tight!!!

AWESOME!! Love the markings!!

Sorry, I've been gone a bit and just reading the threads, A friend of mine who has been battling cancer lost her battle and went home to be with the Lord., So, I've not been as attentive as I should Please forgive me.

You have a gorgeous little one! And now a weaning partner for Rowdy! How exciting. So, tell us all about it? I can tell from the time you posted, you were there and ready!!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!

Of course we care, congrats and you need to share lots more pictures.

What a darling little filly.

Back