Ramble update-from 20% chance to full recovery!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wondering about him 4 days ago! I'm so glad you posted Laura!

WOW! That is fantastic! What a strong boy he is
default_wub.png

What love and dedication it took to bring him through that.

God love Dr Nancy!
default_aktion033.gif

That is just amazing!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Give your Vet a HUG from me..she must be the BEST!!!
default_yes.gif

WOW Laura what a great recovery. I'm so happy to see him looking so fat and healthy!Joyce

I have to admit, I had forgotten about the horse but I have benn thinking of you. I am glad the horse is doing well. Will we see you this year on the show trail?

Shelley<><

I have to admit, I had forgotten about the horse but I have benn thinking of you. I am glad the horse is doing well. Will we see you this year on the show trail?

Shelley<><

HOLY COW!!

That was an amazing recovery.
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
What a great recovery! Thank you for the update. He is a very nice looking boy. The first pic, he needs wings because he looks like an angel!
default_wub.png

What a wonderful recovery, and what a terrible ordeal he went through. He looks like a happy camper now.
default_aktion033.gif

Jan

I remember too when that happened!! He looks awesome! But of course he has a wonderful 'mama' and obviously a very wonderful vet!! Thanks for sharing and the update!

Wow, I'm impressed. He looks great. What made the dogs go at him like that? Amazing recovery.
[SIZE=12pt]We just don't have any idea. We assume he was apart from the herd and that the male Aussie and the male English Shepherd decided to play with him and it got out of hand. Those were the only 2 of the 4 at ALL inclined to chase the horses. Pack instinct is pack instinct and no matter how good the dog, they are still dogs.
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

Shelley<><

[SIZE=12pt]Probably not too much Shelley. We just have too much going on with the kiddos, the blanket business (which is doing GREAT), the farm and of course dirtbike races~LOL I'd REALLY like to hit a few shows and Nationals, but we'll just have to see. I'm probably going to offer some of the horses fo show leases though, so they can get out there! [/SIZE]

Thank you for posting an update.I am so glad he is doing well.I think your vet is the one who needs a set of wings.There are angels here among us on earth.

For sure he is one lucky horse. I am so glad that he recovered so well. Gosh what a horrible thing for him to go threw! I remember when that happened. Thanks for the update!!

Give that boy a big hug.

Joyce

I am so glad he is doing well, he is a pretty horse. Can I asked what happen to the dogs.

I am so glad he is doing well, he is a pretty horse. Can I asked what happen to the dogs.
[SIZE=12pt] The livestock guardian dog, a MUCH loved family pet, was put to sleep, while I cried. We belive he instigated the attack, as it was the second time he had degloved a horse's tail. We did lose the other horse (to progressive nerve damage), but had *thought* he had been protecting himself from her, a notorious dog stomper. [/SIZE]

The English Shepherd went to a family member as a city based pet and did wonderfully. The male Australian Shepherd went to a bull operation as a working dog who would be strictly trained and monitored, to give his strong herding instinct a positve direction. The female Aussie went to a family member and has been retrained (with a strong emphasis on CORRECTLY working livestock, under her parents actually) and is now allowed with horses, but not unsupervised. We do not *know* if she was involved in the attack, but we have to assume she was. She was VERY, VERY upset and would not come near us when we found Ramble. She KNEW what had happened was unforgivable.

He looks wonderful!

Congrats to you and Dr. Nancy for the loving care he received.

B

Latest posts

Back