Ramble update-from 20% chance to full recovery!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Last warning, these pics are GRAPHIC![/SIZE]

Many of you may remember that Mia's gelding Ramble was attacked by OUR dogs in the summer of 2006. His anus was torn away and most of the rectal tissue was gone also. He had large areas of tissue bitten out of his gaskin area on both sides, large enough to put your fist inside. Our vet gave him a 20% chance, at best, of recovering.

There is much more tissue missing inside than is apparent, due to the swelling and onset of infection.

d2e0710b.jpg

ca6657a5.jpg

[SIZE=12pt] He spend several weeks hospitalized and much more time recovering at home. He was able to go back out onto pasture with his buddies after a few months and has made a miraculous recovery!!! With all credit to Dr. Nancy...we never received a bill for Ramble's care. When I asked her about it, she told me to shut up and not ask again
default_wub.png
These pictures were taken last fall. [/SIZE]

Rambleright2.jpg

Ramblerear2.jpg

Ramblerear.jpg

Rambleright1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW he looks great and thats GREAT news, How sad the poor litle guy had to go through such an ordeal,

WOW!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness!!! I remember when that happened, I am glad to see the update, and so happy he has recovered!
default_aktion033.gif

That is totally amazing!! He looks amazing I can hardly believe it.
default_wub.png

What an experience to go through.

What a trooper to recover so well and what great care he must have receive to do so.

I have to admit to curiousity though

how well his anus recooped. How it looks and I guess works.

What an experience to go through.

What a trooper to recover so well and what great care he must have receive to do so.

I have to admit to curiousity though

how well his anus recooped. How it looks and I guess works.
[SIZE=12pt]He doesn't have an anus anymore, it was completely gone, as well as most of the sphincter. He has to use his abdominal muscles to push out the poop. It just sort of drops out a little at a time, not quickly like a regular bowel movement. It takes a little work for him to poop, so he stops and concentrates on it.
default_rolleyes.gif
He also REALLY does best on fresh grass. He's doing great now in the winter, but if he's kept up in a paddock on just hay & grain, it's a little harder for him to poop. [/SIZE]

How lucky for that boy to have such a wonderful, talanted,caring vet! And owner..it's a miracle that he's pain free? and has a good quality of life..

What a lush pasture! Lucky horses..Mine would be blimps on that
default_biggrin.png
Well they are anyway..

Blessyou for taking the trouble to do all you could for him..and let Mia keer her little buddy

Maxine

I do remember when this happened. How wonderful he has recovered like he has and looks like one happy little horse. Bless his little heart that had to have been one autrocious ordeal.

Last edited by a moderator:
How lucky for that boy to have such a wonderful, talanted,caring vet! And owner..it's a miracle that he's pain free? and has a good quality of life..

What a lush pasture! Lucky horses..Mine would be blimps on that
default_biggrin.png
Well they are anyway..

Blessyou for taking the trouble to do all you could for him..and let Mia keer her little buddy

Maxine
[SIZE=12pt]LOL and that was in late fall! Mine are blimps most of the year! The only horses that are out on pasture and still get grain regularly are the broodmares with foals by their side (and the foals) and they don't get much! The others only get enough to bring them up to count noses...although they are now trained to the sound of the four wheeler and you can't get away from the little brats! Mia's other two gelding (Desi & Sheriff) are up on dry lot now. They were very fat! [/SIZE]

After a visit from the best horsey dentist/Chiropractor in the world, Ramble IS pain free and quite happy!

Wow, I'm impressed. He looks great. What made the dogs go at him like that? Amazing recovery.

Bless his little heart, and yours too, Laura!
default_wub.png

OMG that is a miracle!!

I am so glad your vet is so wonderful and fixed him up and you and your loving care too..

You are wonderful people to give him this chance, most would not....

Latest posts

Back