Prayers needed for Whisper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vicky,

I'm so sorry for your sad loss. Holding you in heart and prayers.

Warmest Hugs,

Tanya

Such a horrible experience for all involved. My heart aches for all of you.

I am so sorry to hear!
default_no.gif
I know she's in a better place, but its hard to deal with. We were with our large mare till the end at the vet. She coliced too. Just horrible experience! I hope you're healing. Its hard, but the pain will become duller (speaking from experience myself).
default_crybaby.gif

Sorry.
default_bye-sad.gif

default_crybaby.gif
my heart goes out to you and your family.She was a very pretty mare.I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to read about your loss and will keep you and your family in my prays.

I had to go back several pages to find out what happened to Whisper, I am crying while typing this. So sorry your girl was taken from you and her friends.

To all of you my dearest Friends

Thank You from the bottom of my heart. It has been such a horrible week with loosing

our dearest Whisper. I still can't belive tonight she is gone. The barn is lonely without her.

There will always be a hole in the barn now. Her death came so un-expected. I was starting

to believe she was going to be okay.

I had Whisper buried at a Pet Cementary, where we have our other horses. The Cementary

came today to pick her up. It was so hard to see them take her. I did talk to the guy who

was picking her up. He was on his way to Lone Star Race Track to pick up several horses.

He said they died from Colic yesterday. My heart just broke more. The hay guy had told

us he sold over 200 bales of hay to them last weekend.

I called the hay guy this afternoon to tell him to come get his hay. He was like you can

bring it to me. I told him NO, he cost me enough this week and the loss of our mare.

The guy was a jerk. He started to get smart or stupid. I told him, the Pet Cementary

was here and pick of our horse, and was leaving for Lone Star Race Track. He hung up

on me.

So do you think he will come get his hay.

Thank You for all your prayers, and being there for us.

Vicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you and the race track could get together a law suit and sue the guy. This is pretty serious with several horses dying from the same thing.

Thank You from the bottom of my heart. It has been such a horrible week with loosing

our dearest Whisper. I still can't belive tonight she is gone. The barn is lonely without her.

There will always be a hole in the barn now. Her death came so un-expected. I was starting

I had Whisper buried at a Pet Cementary, where we have our other horses. The Cementary

came today to pick her up. It was so hard to see them take her. I did talk to the guy who

was picking her up. He was on his way to Lone Star Race Track to pick up several horses.

He said they died from Colic yesterday. My heart just broke more. The hay guy had told

I called the hay guy this afternoon to tell him to come get his hay. He was like you can

bring it to me. I told him NO, he cost me enough this week and the loss of our mare.

The guy was a jerk. He started to get smart or stupid. I told him, the Pet Cementary

was here and pick of our horse, and was leaving for Lone Star Race Track. He hung up

on me.

Vicky
Wow - and I don't mean that in a good way. You are so incredibly "lucky" that you didn't lose more of your babies! I would consider contacting the race track, see if they are taking any legal action against this man. Maybe you can join up?

I'm so sorry for the loss of Whisper. I am glad she went surrounded by loved ones though and that you did all you could for her and ended her pain as swiftly as possible when the time came.
default_bye-sad.gif

I cannot believe about that 'man' (and I use the term loosely) that sold you this hay.
default_no.gif
I sincerely hope he gets what is coming to him.

Oh no!
default_crybaby.gif
Honey I'm SO sorry you lost your beloved girl.

I wish I could give you a big hug.

Please get with the other place and go after that hay guy. GRRRRRR

Oh Vicky, I am so so sorry that you lost your beloved Whisper. You did all you could to save her and she knew that she was loved. I know words are no consolation but here is a couple of things that brought comfort to me when I had to help my Shelly cross the bridge.

Somewhere in times own space

There must be some sweet, pastured place

Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow

Some paradise where horses go

For by the love that guides my pen

I know great horses live again!

Some Horses come into our lives and quickly go

Others stay a while,

Make hoof prints on our hearts,

And we are never, ever the same

Hugs to you Vicky

Yvonne

Vicky,

I am so sorry to hear you lost Whisper.
default_no.gif
It is always so hard to loose something you love.

I would call the race tract and find out if they lost those horses due to that guys hay. If so, I would let them know what happened to your horse. They may decide to join with you and go after the hay guy. Two farms buying hay from one guy and horses dying right after they eat the hay, seems like a no brainer. Perhaps there are other farms too.

Good luck and I am thinking of you.

I am so sorry you lost Whisper.. I am crying here for you...

Theres nothing else to say except I am so sorry and you did everything you could and helped her pass..

((( HUGS ))) to you...

on me.

Vicky
Wow - and I don't mean that in a good way. You are so incredibly "lucky" that you didn't lose more of your babies! I would consider contacting the race track, see if they are taking any legal action against this man. Maybe you can join up?
That is exactly what I was going to suggest. This has class action lawsuit written ALL over it!

Vicky,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your baby girl, Whisper...

{{{ Hugs }}}

I know how hard it is to have to put down one of your babies. I had to put down my Keeshond and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. But you have to know it was the best thing for her and she knows you love her. I know it was for my Keeshie, and I still miss her so much today.

Oh Vicky, I am so so sorry that you lost your beloved Whisper. You did all you could to save her and she knew that she was loved. I know words are no consolation but here is a couple of things that brought comfort to me when I had to help my Shelly cross the bridge.

Somewhere in times own space

There must be some sweet, pastured place

Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow

Some paradise where horses go

For by the love that guides my pen

I know great horses live again!

Some Horses come into our lives and quickly go

Others stay a while,

Make hoof prints on our hearts,

And we are never, ever the same

Thank You for the poem and your thoughts and prayers.

Thank each of you for your prayers for our Whisper, and for us this week. I still can't believe she

is gone. I am grateful we only lost one horse, but even one horse should not have had to die.

My heart is still broken over it. My Vet had his Tech to call me on Friday to see how I was doing.

His Tech said he could not believe we lost her. He fought so hard to help me save her.

Her stall is lonely without her, her best friend Porcelain misses her. She stated acting upset and

stressed yesterday. We gave her some banamine and ulcer med's. She was better today.

So we are watching her. She is doing better being back in her old stall and with her buddy the

donkey Eeyore. I just can't believe we lost her, we loved her so much.

I am going to call the Race Track on Monday and let them know we lost a mare this week.

And tell them to watch their horses and see if the horses that died were to the bad hay? I

know 3 horse's died from Colic. How so scary.

I did get a hold of our old hay guy and he has found some really good hay. He brought me by

2 bales tonight and will bring some more in the AM. Next weekend I get my check and can

get more. But Mike is bring me enough to get buy on. The hay he brought was so good. It smelled

so fresh and looks green on the inside. Our horses were so happy tonight.

Thank you for all your prayers, we just don't want anyone else to go through this. If you live

in Texas and plan to buy hay from Cleveburn let me know and I will email you his name and

phone number so you know to STAY A WAY FROM HIM.

Thank You All from the bottom of my heart

Vicky

Hugs to you Vicky

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back