Prayers Needed for a Friend's miniature who

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This happened early this morning just before daybreak. I promise you she is ready for them if they come back. Her husband is double checking the fences. She has at least 4 mares that are due to foal in March and she is watching them very closely to make sure they don't abort due the the stress.

I also cannot bear to look at the pictures but my heart just breaks for your friend and her horses, let her know we are praying very hard.

I'm sorry Maxine I forgot to answer your question as to where this happened.

This happened in China, Texas.

Alicia.....I am so very sorry about your Mini's.....You have gone through so much, first the hurricane and now this!! Your in my thoughts and prayers my friend!

Take care and God Bless...

I love animals of all kinds as well as most on these forums and have never killed an animal but I tell you what, we do have guns in the house and I would not think twice. In our county if a dog is threatening livestock there is no penalty for shooting or killing them. Our animal control person only told us to make sure it was not at point blank if you catch my drift.

Alicia, I am so very sorry and I know what the next few weeks are going to bring for you and your little mare. I am also sorry for the little one lost.

I am so angry right now I could spit.

Please keep us posted on the progress of the mare hurt.

Prayers sent for your friend and her horse. So sorry this has happened to her.

I'm so very sorry Alicia that you're having to deal with this, & I'm especially sorry for your little mares. I hope the pinto will recover. It is such a shame that she's been so badly injured, & my condolences to you on the loss of the palomino.

I also hope the dogs can be found & disposed of. Here we do have a law that allows us to dispatch any dog that is harassing livestock, and believe me, over the years my neighbors have learned that I mean business when it comes to keeping their dogs away from our horses. I tell them in no uncertain terms what will happen to their dogs & how much it will cost them if their dogs do any damage here. We haven't had a dog problem in a long time, & I hope that continues.

Years ago we kept our Morgans at my mom's uncle's place on the edge of a small town. At one point there was a dog problem in that town, & the one evening some dogs put one of our horses over the fence. We didn't see it but he must have tried to jump, hit the wire & flipped himself. He landed in the garden outside the fence, & sure did leave a crater where he landed on his side/back. Mom's uncle scared the dogs off & the horse was okay except for a bit of stiffness the next day. I went snarling to the mayor's office & suggested his council needed to do something about this pack of dogs. There was no animal control officer at that time, and the mayor just kind of muttered & shuffled his feet & said there wasn't anything he could do about the problem. Ha. It wasn't too much later that this mayor was out for a walk one evening--he was just walking around his neighborhood in town--& he was confronted by a couple of snarling dogs. It was amazing how quickly he took steps to do something about the dog problem in that town!

This is just terrible! I feel so bad for the horses! How sad to lose that gorgeous palomino mare and the terrible suffering that the pinto mare is going through.

I certainly hope the dogs are destroyed! There is certainly no excuse for someone letting their dogs run wild.

I agree-they will be back so hopefully someone is able to be there to guard the herd.

We will keep that poor little pinto mare in our prayers.

I want to get back on and just say I send my prayers and hopes for a full recovery for Alicia's mare and apologize for not sayin it sooner in my earlier post. I just get irate sometimes at the thought of it all, and it's all so sensless you know.

So please accept my prayers and best wishes that I'm sending to Texas and hope for a good outcome. Maxine

I am so sorry to hear about your friends heartbreaking experience......I understand the anger you all feel towards the dogs.......but what about the owners??? I would sue the pants off them.....coz it wouldn`t be legal or moral to do more than that!!! :eek:

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

How horrible. I'll be praying for your friends and their poor little mares.
default_sad.png

OMG Alicia! I am soo soo sorry. After all you've been through, I'm so truly sorry. As always, if there is anything we can do for you please let me know.

Stacy, Bryan and Boo Berry

[SIZE=12pt]I am so very sorry for that little mare...I hope she gets better soon. [/SIZE]

I hope you find the owners and the dogs...this whole thing makes me so sad... :no:

This is the thing though especially in the country (or at least this part)...there isn't a leash law...so people do let there dogs run loose..which is fine as long as they stay where they are supposed to!.....but i know where i am we have soooo many "drop offs"..strays......and some are friendly and some are not..and the cops won't do anything.....because we are outside the city limits...so we have to catch them, or run them off, and take them to the pound.....otherwise they just run wild! :no:

this is so very sad;so grieving to one's soul. my heart is very mournful for this senseless tragedy. words cannot express how sad all of us are. It seems to happen too often. any time I see a dog in my yard I get excited; spouse does not really understand; he doesn't read about all the attacks and the loss of precious life. I don't care if the stray dog is acting friendly; I want it off the property, period, the end!!

We have some new neighbors about 3 homes away and they have a beautiful husky type dog that is friendly; but still I want it off my property; the other day I heard a dog barking and went out front and that husky was just standing in fmy yard in front of my 2 minis barking at them; they ignored it and went on grazing but I scared it off. If I see it again I'm going to neighbors house and advising them of the potential danger their dog could encounter if it continues to visit my yard. In my county, we can shoot any dog that is a threat to livestock.

Hey, I'm a dog owner and I've seen my coming 2 yr old filly lower her head and charge at my little Sadie, my chihuahua mix; so I know that she may do the same to any dog; and any other dog may not turn and run like Sadie. They may act agressive and that spells terrible trouble; for my filly.

Really my stomach just wrenches at the idea. Again, I'm so very sorry for this terrible tragedy. I wish I were there to help; offer a comforting shoulder to cry on.

Sharing your sorrow in Spring, Tx. And praying for Jesus to hold you close, ever so close. Praying for complete recovery for your herd and for you.

kd

spring, tx

I can only just imagine how horrifying it was for those poor little horses.

I hope the dogs are caught and taken care of...... Unfortunately the entire problem is human caused. :no:

MA

[SIZE=12pt] :no: this is just awful, I hope she can find out who did this. no animal should have to die like this. my thoughts and prayers go out to the filly. please keep us updated. [/SIZE]

default_crybaby.gif
:

Oh, Carlene.......I am just sickened by this! Please tell Alicia that I am so very sorry.

Debi

I just want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I have spoken with Alicia and the day is finally catching up with her. She still can't read the post on the forum it is still to fresh. She will read all of your post and respond to them. I have read the response from all the forum members and she was very touched by all of your kindness.

I will keep everyone posted regarding the little mare and the dogs. If the dogs can be found the owners will be held responsible. The sheriff told her if they come back they are allowed to take care of them.

Debi I will pass your message on to Alicia I know she will be touched by your words.

Latest posts

Back