Prayers Needed for a Friend's miniature who

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlenehorse

Reaction score
My friend (Westwood Miniature Horse Farm) asked me to post these pictures for her. Her herd was attack by a pack of dogs. One mare was killed and another very badly injured. The palomino mare was killed and the black and white mare was severly injured. The vet stitched the skin on her head but she has numerous punction and tear wounds. She is on pain medication and antibotics. It is still touch and go on whether she will survive. She is eating which is a good sign. The problem now is infection. Please keep her in your prayers. This was her little show mare she is a black and white with two blue eyes. When she first came across her she was laying on the ground and she though she was dead (as you can see in the pictures she looks like she is dead). After taking the pictures she saw one of her legs move and her breathing was really shallow but she managed to get to her feet and the vet came out to treat her. Remember these photos are very GRAPHIC.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/car...horse/amber.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/car...orse/amber2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/car...rse/blondie.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/car...orse/amber4.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/car...orse/amber3.jpg

default_sad.png
default_sad.png

Tell her how sorry we are for her loss and prayers for her show mare.

I had two pregnant mares attacked by pit bulls 2 years ago. One looked like the baby had been torn out from the rear. I was ready to put her down but the vet said to give it a try. Stitched her up, she had a baby 30 days later and after a year off is due to foal this spring.

You will be amazed at their recovery from this awful attack.

[SIZE=14pt]Oh how sad and frightening!!! My prayers and condolences certainly to this family.[/SIZE]

Lyn

This is HORRIBLE why do people have dogs that do not control them. this could have been a child. My prayers go out to you and your minis.

This is terrible. I'm so sorry for the little horses and the owner. Just a horrible thing to have happen, it makes me sick. I hope they caught the dogs too.

I can't bring myself to look at the pictures
default_sad.png
I pray that the mare survives. I hate hearing about dog attacks, it's so sad.

I am sure Alicia will come on and reply but she can't right now. They didn't catch the dogs yet but they are looking for them. Either she or I will keep you posted on the little mare's progress.

I'm so sorry, this just makes me sick to my stomach.

And my neighbors wonder why I tell them I WILL shoot their dog!

krisp

UGHHHHH....THat just makes me sick.... i lost two of my Nigerian Dwarf does in August to an American Bull dog (mix)......stray!......he was laying next to one of the bodies when i got home......the dog was no longer and issue after that!...if you take my hint!....Do they have any idea what kind of dogs did this???????....(if they do it once they WILL do it again!).i am so sorry......something like that just makes you ILL!........ :no:

YES Krisp maybe you should show them these pictures and they will keep their dogs in a fenced yard!!!!

I have 6 miniatures and 3 dogs and they are always seperated by fences.

No idea about what kind of dogs it was just before daybreak and she managed to scare them off as they were going after the rest of the herd. She thinks there were 4 dogs.

They are pack hunting!......once they start on larger livestock they don't stop!.....They will be back....might want to set them up in some kinda trap.......i'd be sitting with a gun if it were me!.....errrrrr

That is just horrible
default_sad.png

Those dogs are a threat to children, people, and other animals in the area...They need to be caught (or something...) so they will never do anything like that again.

What kind of dogs were they?

Absolutely horrible
default_sad.png
poor little horses

Where did this happen? Here we go again! I'm So tired of hearing about this, why can't something be done about it?

The law has to really start cracking down on this stuff, I bet if it were our children being attacked (God forbid and forgive me for even thinking of it) something would be getting done about it!

Guess we're back to the discussion of pasture guardians eh. Wish I had the money for a small apartment over the barn and a hired hand with a gun, that might work! Off to coll off now, Maxine

I'm so sorry for Alicia and her mini's. This is a nightmare to have this happen. Please

ask her to be very careful for her other mini's. It's not if these dogs will be

back, but when!

I'm sure the whole herd was traumatized with what happened and I would be watching them

very closely.

This is so sickening for me and brings back memories l'm so sorry for the poor horses l hope they find the dogs owners and punish them for the dogs actions. Sometimes l just get so fed up with stupid stupid people and their stupid ideas of letting dogs run wild.

I am so sorry - prayers for her mare. I just got an e-mail from Kristy at Island Miniatures this morning - she received an e-mail last night telling her a colt she sold 4-5 months ago was killed by dogs. The girl was out of town and it happend while she was gone. As it turned out - sounds like she might have been raising pitbulls. What a shame. As far as I am concerned (and this is only my opinion), the only good pitbull is a dead one.

Barbie

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Alicia and her Mini's. Especially the 2 little mares.
default_wub.png
:

Please do keep us posted on the little ones' progress.

Nancy & Mike

Latest posts

Back