Prayers Needed for a Friend's miniature who

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sooo sorry to read this...what a horrific thing to happen! I did'nt take a look at the pics...can just imagine it all in my minds eye.
default_sad.png

These things don't have to happen. If people would only take care of their dogs and keep them at home. How simple is that? Get a dog, keep it home. I'll never understand the mind set of people who think its ok to let their dogs runs loose. Such a tragic loss that could have been prevented. This just makes me so mad. So sorry for the little horses, they didn't deserve this. :no:

This is so sad. As others have said the dogs owners are responsible, but I have a feeling you'll never find out who owns them.

Sending prayers and keeping Alicia in my thoughts.

Hi everyone

I want to say thanks to everyone for your support. This forum can bring such hope, and peace to us all in a tragedy. Yesterday was a horrific site, and I do not want to every see that again, as we all don't/. Now, the anger emotions have kicked in, and I am really ticked.

My vet said to double pen her in for now, since she has so much frank blood coming from her, because they will come back and find her really easy. So, late, I went out and fenced her in the stall, ( they are open stalls with livestock panels normally)/ As I did this, I was thinking that those dogs would not be stupid enough to come again the next night. Boy was I wrong.

THE DOGS WERE JUST BACK! 3 dogs came back to try and finish off little Amber, WE saw them, but could not get them. I heard the dogs barking this time, and flew to the front window, where plain as day, they were eyeballing Amber. As soon as we opened the door, they were off, quick as a flash. One was a lab mix, one a border collie ( not mine but it looked just like her) and some huge yellow dog. Oh, did I see flames. I was so angry to see them back. But, they knew they were in trouble, and disappeared.

Thanks for everything. To update Amber, she gets down, and cannot get herself back up, so I have to help her. She has so many wounds, and her ear is hanging on just by the top layer of skin. My vey sutured part of her head, to cover the scull, and left the edges open to drain. She will get a massive infection, and he said all woulds will puss out, and look horrible. But, he feels, she may make it, but that is still questionable. She is on the best antibiotics, blood builders, and banamine. I will update everyone tomorrow.

Alicia

In Memory of PC Little Irish Blonde

Alacia, I am so sorry to hear about this. I know the hurt and anger you are feeling, and rightly so. Prayers coming your way, for you and Amber. Condolences on your palomino mare.

Robin

I'm so sorry Alicia. The pics are so awful, I don't even know why I looked. I will keep Amber in my prayers and you also. ((HUGS))

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I do want to add my condolences and prayers for Amber to the growing list. Is it possible for someone to spend the night with Amber - to be closer (firing distance?) when the dogs come back next time?

How horrible. Our prayers are with your family and herd...especially little Amber.

It's my belief that you have little choice now but to remove these dogs on a "permanent basis". They'll just continue to be too great a risk otherwise.

All my sympathies,

Oh my god, Alicia !!

I'm sooo sorry. I know what you are going thru now.

I was crying, reading this post, unable to respond.

I lost a mare a few month ago, killed by a Husky.

I'm still out of words. I just hope, that you will find the dog owners !

I deeply hope, that the other little one get well soon, and you too !

Marion

Since the hurricane, I have seen so many strays... here and I'm sure in China too... people left there dogs when they evacuated, and the dogs made packs to survive.... That said, if they've killed once, especially somthing as large as a mini they'll keep on... maybe eventually focusing on other things like people... little people and adults... I'd be posted with a shotgun at the ready... I don't like the idea of killing animals, but I like the idea of strays killing my animals even less...

Like I told you in the e-mail... you and your little mare are in our thoughts and prayers...

Chris

Alicia I am so sorry that this has happened. Give your little survivor a hug from me.

:new_shocked: I am horrified......I am so sorry for your loss, and my prayers are with you, Hopefully your little mare will pull through and recover fully...........Such a senseless act.....I hope you find the dogs.....I would show no mercy on them if I found them. :no:

IM SO SADDENED AT YOUR POOR WEE HORSES EXPERIENCE,GOD LOVE HER, I FEEL SO ANGRY AT THE OWNERS FOR ALOWING THESE ANIMALS TO START A PACK,ONCE THEY GET THE TASTE OF BLOOD GOD KNOWS WHAT THEYLL DO, I FEEL SO AWFUL FOR YOUR FRIEND IM SURE SHES FEELS SO USLESS IN CATCHING THESE DOGS,BUT I DO BLAME THE OWNERS,PEOPLE SHOULD THINK OF THE RESPONSIBLITY OF OWNING AN ANIMAL BEFORE THEY GET THAT "CUTE PUPPY" AND THEN ITS DUMPED ON OTHER PEOPLES LIVES,LOOK AT WHAT THEVE DONE,WHY SHOULD THAT POOR WEE HORSE DIE JUST BECAUSE SOME AXXXOLE CANT BE BOTHERED WITH LOOKING AFTER THERE DOG,THEY SHOULD BE FINED A LOT, AS THATS THE ONLY THING SOME PEOPLE CARE ABOUT,MY STEP DAUGHTER WAS DRIVING HOME LAST WEEK AND A PITBULL WAS ATTACKING AN 8YR OLD CHILD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET,SHE JUMPED OUT AND TRYED GETTING THE DOG OFF,SHE KICKED IT AND EVERYTHING,SHE THREW THE WEE BOY INTO THE BACK OF HER CAR AND THE DOG JUMPED IN AFTER HIM AND HER OWN SON WAS LYING SLEEPNG IN HIS CAR SEAT, SHE PULLED THE DOG OUT AND IT RAN AFTER THE CAR, SHE WAS BIT IN THE EYE,AND THE DOG WAS EVENTUALLY PUT TO SLEEP, THE OWNER HAS AN OTHER DOG THE SAME , IN WAS IN THE NEWS HE LETS HIS YOUNG SON TAKE THIS DOG FOR A WALK AND THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR ARE AFRAID TO LET THERE CHILDREN OUT TO PLAY AS THE DOG CAN JUMP THE FENCE, THE PROBLEM IS OVER HERE IN IRELAND WE CAN STILL OWN TIGERS AND LIONS IF WE WANT THE IS NO LAW AGAINST IT,WE HAVE MORE DANGEROUS DOGS,SINCE THE NEW DANGEROUS DOGS ACT THAT WAS BROUGHT IN A FEW YEARS BACK THAT PREVENTED PEOPLE OWING PITBULLS, BUT NOW PEOPLE CALL THEM AMERICAN BULL DOGS AND ARE STILL BUYING THEM, SOME OF THESE YOUNG FELLOWS THAT BUY THESE DOGS ARE TAKING BETTER CARE OF THERE DOGS THAN THERE OWN CHILDREN, :eek:fftopic: IM SORRY IM OFF TOPIC IM JUST SO ANGRY THAT INOCENT ANIMALS LIKE YOUR FRIENDS POOR HORSES HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF A STUPID FASHION FOR A DANGEROUS DOG, SHE WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS

That is so sad, it tears me up.

Something should be done about dogs that roam and kill etc.

Joyce

Alicia, I am so sorry to hear what has happened and is happening. Marion alerted me to what happened. I'd be glad to help out if I can. In Texas we have a good statute:

Texas Health and Safety Code §822.013 Dogs or Coyotes That Attack Animals:

(a) A dog or coyote that is attacking, is about to attack, or has recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may be killed by:

(1) any person witnessing the attack; or

(2) the attacked animal's owner or a person acting on behalf of the

owner if the owner or person has knowledge of the attack.

(b) A person who kills a dog or coyote as provided by this section is not liable for damages to the owner, keeper, or person in control of the dog or coyote.

© A person who discovers on the person's property a dog or coyote known or suspected of having killed livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may detain or impound the dog or coyote and return it to its owner or deliver the dog or coyote to the local animal control authority. The owner of the dog or coyote is liable for all costs incurred in the capture and care of the dog or coyote and all damage done by the dog or coyote.

(d) The owner, keeper, or person in control of a dog or coyote that is known to have attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls shall control the dog or coyote in a manner approved by the local animal control authority.

(e) A person is not required to acquire a hunting license under Section 42.002, Parks and Wildlife Code, to kill a dog or coyote under this section.

Marion and her husband did exactly the right thing for their situation - He captured the dog at the time of the attack and placed "Dog Found" posters around town - the dog was immediately taken to animal control to hold until the owner came forward. We are able to use this statute for damages. If you cannot catch the dogs, you may shoot them - definately call local animal control right now - The pack must be stopped. Contact me anytime. ([email protected])

For folks in other states you may want to print this off and get your local mini organization to lobby your state reps to get something similar to it passed. I've thought of doing a 50 state compendium of laws effecting horses - but still waiting for that always allusive "free time" - If someone has an extra bag of it lying around I'll pay good money for it! (I tried round tuits and they don't work.)
default_wacko.png
:

Please stay safe. Know the Forum family is worried and behind you on this. Vicki

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so sorry for the loss of the one horse and hope the other recovers. Give you friend a big hug. I wish that people would keep there dogs under control.

I am so .... so sorry. I am horrified at what happens to these little guys. I pray that they will be alright. Just yesterday, I lost two very special guinea pigs to a dog. They are BITTERLY missed. I am very sorry about these little guys and I pray for your little ladys recovery.
default_sad.png

Oh Alicia, I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine the trauma you are going through. Sending prayers for Amber, I hope she will recover fully, and I hope someone catches those dogs and takes care of their future rampages. {{hugs}}

I am SOO sorry for your loss and your poor mares pain and suffering. I do pray she makes a full recovery. It is so heartbreaking. I bet it was terrifying to see those dogs back, especially for your poor mare. I bet they are all pretty stressed out and scared. I hope you can find the dogs owners and get some closure etc. This is just horrible! :no:

Sheri

Hi everyone,

I have not written much, since this happened. Here is a quick update, Amber allowed me to clip up some of the wounds today. The vet said to take it slow on the clipping. She is so willing, and patient. I will post progression pics for everyone to see, as time goes by.

In all the comotion, we forgot to mention that Mary Breckling also owns little Amber. She is upset over the whole thing, and she needs our prayer and support, too.

I am sorry to hear about the little Guinea pigs. It does not matter what type of pets or animals we keep, they never deserve this. Another friend of ours, Liz lost her 2 precious goats to dogs last night. She lives about 30 miles from here.

Mostly what comes out of my mouth is stupid dogs, and owners.

I will write more later.

Alicia

Latest posts

Back