Possibly bred Misty?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll leave this to the experts, but hope she is pregnant for you
default_smile.png

I am still holding to my idea that she just needs more protein in her diet to remove her tummy. I would try putting her on Alfalfa for a while and see if that helps if not get her on a vit/min suppliment. Also it might not be a bad idea to give her some ulcer meds, after what she went through it is highly possible that she has one. Aloe Vera juice is good for ulcers too.

She is currently on around 2 flakes of alfalfa a day, plus free choice coastal and a mare and foal grain, plus limited pasture.

thats sounds perfect, I guess we just wait and see. She really is looking good under your care
default_yes.gif

Sorry! It stopped notifying me of replies, and I've been convinced that she isn't pregnant and kind of bummed about it. She is doing really well, no major changes. I keep checking her daily. About a week ago I got watery thin yellow fluid from her udder, and figured it was just fluid that non-maiden mares can get no matter what.

Today was different though. Her stomach changed so much today that it freaked me out, and I checked milk again. It was white and slightly sticky. The thing that freaked me out is how her stomach seems to be fluid filled at the bottom. There is a line I can see where it starts at the bottom of her belly. The vet is coming out on the 20th for a group stable visit. They won't do an ultrasound, but she thinks she'll be able to tell one way or another.

The last time Misty was exposed to a stallion was August of last year, so she'd be about 8 months at the very least. Here is a photo of her from 3/20 and one from today.

The picture of her from the top and the udder are today too.

misty320left.jpgmistyleft413.jpg

misty413top.jpgmisty413udder.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like you can see a lopsidedness from the top shot, and there is a change from the 3/20 photo. She is deeper and sticking out more. Crazy!

She still looks pregnant to me, especially in the new picture! I guess if the vet is coming out -- we should find out soon!

I think I'm becoming convinced. I wish the vet would do an ultrasound or a test. I'm not going to pay 75 bucks for one though. Maybe I'll have her draw blood and do that 25 dollar test.

She looks tiny in those pictures or are you holding the camera up high? lol Can't wait to hear what the vet thinks
default_smile.png

Jamie that is a perfect lopsided tummy
default_thumbup.gif
How is she doing with her shedding? do you have enough for a pillow yet ?

I ended up shaving her and did a terrible job. I still haven't finished! The goats are all have shaved too.

Latest posts

Back