Please help me!!! Dreamer is having a pelvic nerve lock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm unable to get into any CAMS so haven't been able to see what's happening....... Please update whenever you can......I'm praying for a positive outcome.

I don't have much time as I need to get back to my mare. It was a very long night. I slept in the stall with her with blankets over us, it was very cold! She shook all night long. And yes she was in stage 1-2 labor and she just quit! She is able to get up on her own with some assistance, but last night she could not stand at all. The good news is I have a Vet coming in about 45-1 hr.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I am sorry that I have not replyed toanyone but I have not left my mare, she seems more at ease when I am with her. Thank you to everyone who prayed for her and her baby, keep them coming, she is going to need them. The vet did not seem to optimistic on her outcome, but wanted to wait and see her first. You can reach me in the barn on this #405-638-0687, because I won't be back to the comp to update for awhile. Robin, Connie and Peggy, I don't know how I would have made it thru this without your calls and your visit to calm me down, forever grateful...Theresa

[SIZE=12pt]Theresa-[/SIZE]

Sending prayers your way for you and your mare. I don't know either you or your mare, but it sure is hard watching you watching and loving her.

I wish you both the best! Hopefully the vet will have some good news.

Barbie

I am wondering if it would be possible to have her taken to surgery and have a c-section performed, hopefully save the foal, less stress on the mare. I know the trailer ride won't be comfortable for her, but maybe the vet could give her a morphine injection that would help relieve the pain for the duration of the ride. A scheduled surgery would be very safe, clean and more than likely your mare would recover and be able to still retain her reproductivity.

I too had tears watching your loving hands massaging your poor mare last night - I am sure that you are very worried and scared -- my prayers for a good outcome for your precious little mare.

Hugs (((( )))

Stacy

There HAS to be another Vet...somewhere!!! (I cannot imagine my Vet being sick enough to let this go on this long.)

Sounds like she should have a c-section, and get that mare out of this constant stress and pain...I would be afraid of permanent damage to these nerves after being pinched-off this long. I know you don't want to hear the "bad" of it...but it is a fact that it could happen.

Hope to read of a good outcome to all of this.
default_sad.png

Theresa - sorry I lost -you. My home number is (425) 788-5184, Cell (206) 979-0505 and direct at work (425) 527-0057.

Dr Huber at Oregon State University is the surgeon who performed Rose's surgery - I will be thinking about you and your mare --

Hugs ((( ))))

Stac

Sending even more prayers for all of you. I have been checking in and thinking about you all day

Kay

my heart goes out to your and your mare.

you and your mare will be in our prayers

keep us posted.

I was watching last night- I was so hoping she'd stay up one of those times
default_sad.png

She was down when I was to bed, but there i was praying she'd be up and maybe foaled by the time I got up. I'm praying for you guys!

Would an electric heating pad applied to the area help? If there is swelling, ice packs? I wonder if the vet could give you a muscle relaxer for her? If you can't get ahold of your vet call the state vet college they will help you. Prayers being sent.

The vet has arrived now YAY! If everyone could please continue to pray for Theresa and her mare that would be so wonderful.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

I just read your post. Praying u get a positive out come for both mare and baby.

I have had you on my mind all mornng as I was working. I couldn't wait to get home to see if anyhting positive has happened.

I see that you have a vet there...

Best wishes for you, your mare and her foal.
default_pray.gif

my heart is breaking for them. It doesnt look like they got good news.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

cam is off. I am just bawling here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The camera went black. I hope an update is posted soon, this is heartwrenching...

I lost the camera, Wonder if they shut it off? I feel so sorry for her. I want to cry right along with her.

I sure hope something can be done.

Latest posts

Back