Please help me!!! Dreamer is having a pelvic nerve lock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im up watching my mare on cam. Looks like shes in labor. Im praying hard for you! do you guys have anything you can make a slant board with to put under her? Gravity would help. I so wish you could get a vet there

Last edited by a moderator:
Its 350am here. JUst read the thread. God bless this mare and baby!

Robin

Just checking back in, not sure if you did, but would banamine help her any? If it is the foal, hopefully she will deliver and all will be well. PRAYERS
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
I know you must be exhausted, Hang in there.

As I'm talking to Theresa on the phone - IN WALKS AN ANGEL.
default_hypocrite.gif
Bless your heart Robin. HERE'S TO GOOD FRIENDS!
default_cheers.gif
I am so glad that you could be there for Theresa.
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

Theresa if you need to talk I am still here - haven't gone anywhere. I am still praying for you and your mare.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
I'm glad to see her on her feet this morning.

Hopefully your vet can get out this a.m. - update when you get a chance. HUGS TO YOU!!!

I could have sworn she was having contractions when I watched her at 3 am. Maybe they stopped?? Sending more prayers to you!!!

Bless her heart she and her mare are just wiped out...prayers being said...

God love her....Hey...what about applying warm towels or one of those microwave bean bags that you heat lightly and stays warm for good bit of time. Just thinking we use them for pinched nerves in my neck and it does help relax muscle mass....then do deep tissue massage...which I know you've been doing.

Good luck guys...know you are doing everything you can...God Bless!!!

May God bless you both. From what I can tell she is laying there with the mare(or someone is)..Just pulled the blanket over both of them.. Isn't there something that can be done??
default_no.gif
I have no experience but I just feel for that poor mare and her..Please let her foal soon, with a healthy foal!!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Looks like she is resting - hope that will help her. Prayers going out to you both.[/SIZE]

Barbie

She seems better this am. I sure hope so. I checked in all night. I feel badly for her and the owners!

Anyone know when her due date is?

I can't see the camera but if the mare is laying flat you will want to prop her up with hay bales or something so that she is in the prone position. You will also want to gently turn her over so she is changing sides again being prone often.

This is assuming that she cannot get up on her own. It is much better for the horses system to function if they are prone rather then being flat out for any length of time.

I am so sorry you guys are going through this with your beloved mare. I was watching last night for awhile, and was hoping things would be better this morning, and checked in to find her laying there covered up, so I figured things were not real good for her. I am praying that she will be OK!!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Oh man, she is back down. Gosh.
default_no.gif

I must say this scares the day lights out of me. I can't see the web cam, so I don't know what is going on. I had a friend lose a mare and foal just a few weeks ago. Similar sounding situation....

She was going out checking on the mare, found her down and thought cool here we go. Well the mare couldn't get up so she called her vet. He was out on another farm foaling out a mare. When he still hadn't arrived a few hours later, she called him back to remind him to GET THERE. The mare didn't seem in pain, she just couldn't get up. Suddenly she started screaming and thrashing then dropped over dead. The vet arrived about 10mins later. He figured the foal was turning and started tearing the uteres away from the cervical rim. Figured this had caused the mare to be unable to get up, due to the nerves running right through there. Then it turned some more ripping away and the mare bleeding out almost instantly.

I hope this is NOT the case with your mare and we will hear good news soon!

Please lets just send prayers and enter ideas that may help these people and this mare...They can't cope at this time with any neg. or scary thoughts, I know it is not ment to scare or upset anyone and done with kindness and worry....but.... they are scared and worried and have had no sleep, are just trying to get thru this...Thank You...of course this is jmo Thanks Angie

I have been watching this all morning and am so worried for them. I hope it works out and I am sending prayers.. Good thoughts everyone and maybe we can all help this be a good outcome...
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back