Placings from AMHR National Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna

Reaction score
I heard that there were some issues regarding the placings of many classes from Nationals and that horses would be moving up in their placings. Has anyone heard from AMHR, is this true?

It was discusted on here a while ago but I havent heard anything. I heard that the people would pay a fine etc. but I dont know whats fact from fiction.

It is correct that horses will be moving up in placings.

Having actually spoken to the source, it is my understanding that actions are in place and being taken to straighten the issue out. I think it may be a while before anything is set in stone as far as what is going to happen, or if anything will happen as i know there are legal actions in place and that is all im really going to say. To hear "rumours" is one thing, to actual talk to the source is completely different.

Last edited by a moderator:
call AMHR or call Leonard, that will answer your questions and hopefully solve the placing issues and answer a timeline for you. Better to get it from the source than the Rumors Room....

This is a very sad situation for those who did not get the placings at the actual show due to what happened
default_no.gif
as well as for those owners who trusted the right thing was being done by their trainers.

Check the shetlandminiature.com website and you will see that placings have already been corrected. The journal will be running shortly delayed thanks to the Lawbreakers who thought it would be sneaky and underhanded to go ahead and show horses that were not qualified!

I do feel sorry for the people who were not able to recieve thier Champion in person because of someone not being able to follow simple rules. I know I would be upset if my horse were the one that moved up and I was unable to get my picture in center ring.....

Sandy

Mine and Erica's stallion, Destiny (Erica's Echos of My Destiny (HOF)), moved from Reserve National Grand Champion to National Grand Champion in his driving class. We found out 3wks ago. I'm happy I got to see him in the center ring, the photos, and his victory lap but now of course, I want the prizes and the ribbons / sign are not the ones I want to see with him given his new title. It's my understanding the other person has until the end of the month to return the prizes that they should not have been awarded.

Mine and Erica's stallion, Destiny (Erica's Echos of My Destiny (HOF)), moved from Reserve National Grand Champion to National Grand Champion in his driving class. We found out 3wks ago. I'm happy I got to see him in the center ring, the photos, and his victory lap but now of course, I want the prizes and the ribbons / sign are not the ones I want to see with him given his new title. It's my understanding the other person has until the end of the month to return the prizes that they should not have been awarded.

Congratulations Jill and Erica! I'm so sorry you didn't get the placing you deserved at the show, but I'm glad it's getting straightened out now!

Does anyone know the classes that were affected?

At a glance it looks like the youth that drove our pleasure horse

finished 2nd instead of third. I hate she missed her victory lap and

her chance to get her picture taken there with him.
default_sad.png

Does anyone know the classes that were affected?
At a glance it looks like the youth that drove our pleasure horse

finished 2nd instead of third. I hate she missed her victory lap and

her chance to get her picture taken there with him.
default_sad.png

Well, congratulations, but what a shame.

Geeze, I am ashamed.
default_no.gif
That did sound petty. I am very grateful for 2nd place.
default_new_multi.gif
I hope you don't think I thought you sounded petty. :DOH! I think it's great that the horse moved up, but it is really unfortunate when, especially a youth, doesn't get to really enjoy the moment.

Just a general statememt:

We (the collective "we") seem to find lots of ways to interfere with others getting to enjoy their moment. Ok, I'm off topic.
default_wink.png

I hope you don't think I thought you sounded petty. I think it's great that the horse moved up, but it is really unfortunate when, especially a youth, doesn't get to really enjoy the moment.
Oh no, I did not take your comment offensivily . It did make me think that I was thinking only of our youth and her loss. With more thought I realized there was another youth involved. I really feel sorry

for that person also.

And I wouldn't consider one of the accused a "source".
And I am sorry but I really don't understand what you mean.

My husband tells me I always miss the obvious, but I am clueless. The source

I used was the AMHR show results board.

QUOTE And I wouldn't consider one of the accused a "source".

And I am sorry but I really don't understand what you mean.

My husband tells me I always miss the obvious, but I am clueless. The source

I used was the AMHR show results board.
I could not think of a better source. It does no harm hearing out BOTH sides of the story. Anyone can pick up a phone and call and get some more facts even if they dont buy into them....gives you more to base your opinion on anyway, then some just choose not to.

Leeana

Oh no, I did not take your comment offensivily . It did make me think that I was thinking only of our youth and her loss. With more thought I realized there was another youth involved. I really feel sorryfor that person also.
That is the saddest part of all to me. I do not know a lot about this situation just what I have heard but for the youth and owners who had no idea the horses were not truly qualified and lost the placings I feel bad. For those who were not able to enjoy their wins and placings in front of everyone at a National show I feel bad for them as well. Seems there is more then one "source" to discuss this with. From what I understand there was more then one handler who had horses not qualified.

Hey, where do you look under? Show Results?

It's ashame that people do these sorts of things, but things happen.
default_no.gif

Edited to add: They did all know what they were doing? Or was it a mistake?

That is the saddest part of all to me. I do not know a lot about this situation just what I have heard but for the youth and owners who had no idea the horses were not truly qualified and lost the placings I feel bad. For those who were not able to enjoy their wins and placings in front of everyone at a National show I feel bad for them as well. Seems there is more then one "source" to discuss this with. From what I understand there was more then one handler who had horses not qualified.
You are so right! When kids are involved, no one ends up the winner in a situation like this. It's such a shame! And even when there are no children involved, as someone who's paid trainers in the past I would be so freakin' ticked off if I paid training fees, entry fees, etc. and my horse wasn't properly entered/qualified.
default_gaah.gif

Something is really messed up with the AMHR results - it looks like each class has at least 2 completely different sets of results. Not sure what's going on, but something is clearly wrong.

Where exactly are you finding the new results? I checked horsestudbook and the amhr aspc website...i cannot find the results?

Thank you,

Leeana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back