Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you did the right thing, she needs to get some rest we can see perfectly well with the lights out.

I can't believe I went to bed at Midnight (PN time and my time) KNOWING I thought she would have a foal by morning.. and she foals right after I turn the computer off!!

Congratulations, Heidi!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

I have to go back and read about it..

renee, i wanted to add. now i have nothing to compare it with but that sac seemed much thicker than I thought it would be. now thats its over and reflecting back I really wonder if that baby would have got out on his own had someone not been there.

O.k.....just answered a call from my vet ...he said even though baby pooped twice he prefers a little enema to be safe...wants the poop to be alittle lighter in color and softer..thoughts

He will be here around 1:3 2 to check and do iGg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! I can't believe I missed the birth! I went to bed about 11:50pm. I was watching her but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I went to bed. UGH But Heidi he is beautiful!!! I am so glad everything is ok with them both. You are truly blessed. He is so cute!!! Blessings, Karen

Firstly I want to say and HUGE Congratulations to Heidi, Skiff, Peanut and little Cam. He is just so gorgeous and so well cooked.

Also thank you Cassie for texting me. I watched the whole thing on my iphone.

As always only getting round to putting on my reply now.

Heidi your little boy is just perfect and I cant wait for photos. I think we will all have to chip in and get you a camera - you just have to have pics of this gorgeous boy.

So even though I had the day wrong I think I was the closest with the time she would foal as I think I had said midnight florida time LOL.

Baby looks to be feeding really well. I cant get over how long those legs are and he does look like he is a couple of days old already.

I am so excited for you Heidi - you have been blessed with a gorgeous boy.

Now did someone show this to Suzie???

Cassie if Suzie has started to bag more you wont have too much longer to wait - I CANT WAIT LOL

Heidi Britts sac was thick too and I had to use my nails, I am sure that her foal wouldn't have got out alone. In all my foaling out big horse ( around 15a. Year) I have never had thick sacs so I think it must be a mini thing.

As Diane says a fleet enema will do no harm and it will get things moving. Boys seem to be more bunged up for some reason. ( they are full of crap) rofl

I haven't seen a message from the in laws yet, where is Marty this morning??

Peanut is giving Skiff "The Look" don't even think about coming near my baby or I will nail ya.
rolleyes.gif

Peanut made the paper nicearticle I cant seem to find it when i look online but Ive got the paper in hand. It nice.

The enema went so so...not sure if I got enough in...little stinker closed rightup and I was a little nervous to put in. Peanuts bag leg is bad..worst Ive ever seen it...Im very concerned. But you know me i will think of a million other things to start worring about now w/little cam.

It will take a while for her body to re adjust, give her a bit of time and I am sure she will be fine.

Congrats Heidi and Peanut!! Welcome Cameron!!
default_laugh.png
I just read the fantastic news and am watching the web cam. He looks so handsome! Can't wait to see him up and running. Would love to come and visit when he's accepting visitors!!
default_wink.png
Again - glad everything went well and everyone is happy and healthy
default_aktion033.gif

The Godmother has arrived. Actually I've been here the whole time. I never left and saw the whole thing, the labor, the birth born at 12:25 Florida time. I am VERY proud of Heidi. She knew exactly what to do and helped born the babe very well, wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in the manger
default_wacko.png

This will be Nick's 2nd solid bay colt. He's going to be a stunner like his half brother Timmy. I love his name(s) too! I'm over the top happy!

default_517.gif
default_517.gif
default_517.gif
default_517.gif
default_517.gif
default_517.gif

I hope this baby enters the CMHR ONLINE SHOW! I'll help you post your pics Heidi!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I wont bore you with all the letters but isnt this sweet Ive never met this person formally...shes a customer and lives at a mobile home park we cater at. a couple of her grandchildren wrote me great little notes...

Dear Heidi,

Oh! He is so tiny and adorable! Well worth the wait, and Peanut looks so calm and composed. She'll be a good mom to that little guy.

Does he have a name? We've been calling him "Pokey".

Thank you so much for the news! I figured that when the big date finally arrived, it would be while the kids were sleeping. Malaney, Finn and their parents are up North at their cabin in the woods for the weekend. My daughter has a Blackberry, so I forwarded your email with the wonderful news.

It will be a great experience for all of us, but especially the kids, to see the video of the new colt's birth. Exciting to know that the event was observed and recorded from Wales. Amazing. Isn't cyberspace wonderful! Can't wait to see that link.

I cannot even tell you how much we all appreciate your correspondence with Malaney (and all of us) in addition to your hectic daily schedule. Peanut's daily progress has been a topic of conversation with our whole Madden family, from the oldest grandchild to the youngest. We will all be sharing the news, and watching the link.

Laney has been so excited to meet Peanut and the new colt, and especially anxious to meet YOU!

Thank you for all you have done for us and for all of Peanut's fans.

Sally Madden

and: the Madden clan from Racine, Wisconsin

Pete, Marianne Madden and Sean, age 15; Erin, age 14; Emma, age 12.

Pat, Janet Madden, and Jack, age 12 (Durango, CO)

Missy, Jeff Peterson, and Malaney, age 10, Finn, age 8.

Paul and Tina Madden, and Robert, age 6, Sophia, age 3

I want to personally thank you REO for the heads-up!

I was working on a pedigree for a customer, and checked back to the thread and saw your announcement!!

GOOD GOING!! Thanks -- it made is possible for EVERYONE to watch!!

default_yes.gif

You bet! I told Heidi I was watching & would be here!

I've watched & foaled out Many mares & and foaling signs have that down to a science. Foaling is my FORTE' !
default_yes.gif

default_aktion033.gif
Happy Anniversary Robin
default_aktion033.gif
Thank you honey!!
default_wub.png

Watch & make sure he doesn't eat any shavings! I know of a new born that almost died from that. They'll stick to his whiskers too. You might want to cover up all the shavings.

Congrats!!!!!

Congrats to Robin, well done for getting everyone alerted so promptly on what was happening.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Happy Anniversary too!
Thank you!!!!

Oh I just love his long legs!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Congrats again, Heidi, Peanut, and Skiff!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I had a feeling she was going to foal last night.. stayed up to watch and got tired and of course missed the birth but so glad she finally decided to bless us with her little boy. Love the name too. Can't wait to see pictures!

Was the birth recorded on Mare Stare?? I'm going to head over there to see if I can find anything on it.

YAAAAY for Cameron!!
risa8.gif
risa8.gif

I've watched & foaled out Many mares & and foaling signs have that down to a science. Foaling is my FORTE' !
default_yes.gif
Do you fancy a holiday in Italy next year Robin? how about during foaling season
laugh.gif

Happy Anniversary
cheers.gif

Latest posts

Back