Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry Renee, sister called from Ma. very early and I got to chatting , all is well here go do your thing. Sounds like she didnt lay down too much last night. Hey when you comming to diney...I need to make plans lol

Than you a whole lot for watching.

I hope you are rested. We are planning to come in June but it depends on the mares for the exact date. Have a good one
saludando.gif

Lordy you go to town for a couple of hrs and they I have a lot of catching up to do.

Anna so delighted that Mummy foaled for you and all is well. Cant wait to see the pics (although as I am catching up you could have posted already)

I must say I like Peanuts new living quarters - very posh. Glad her eye is ok too.

default_aktion033.gif
Good Morning Karina,isnt it exciting..another baby for Anna,I cant wait to see pictures of this little one too. you aked about Cape Cod, I dont go back too often but I grew up there. My mom, who has now passed still has her house there and when I do get a chance will stay there in Osterville which is in Barnstable. My sisters and brother still there. I LOVE Cohasette...beautiful area....its really become a horse area believe it or not...lots of very high end farms..best of both world..water and horse farms
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Do you remember the Barnside Tavern in Hanover? My family owned that for a # of years. Its at Assipinipee corner.

Hi Diane, thanks for correcting me...I knew he did not say it was contagiuos but I thought he mentioned congectivites...Im such a bozo. Your too nice thank you....but its easier when you only have the horses I have...I couldnt fathom having 10,15, 25,40. I would never be able to do what i do now! Id be happier if I can get that front area w/the tree shade pastured in.

yeah, how do you like my new help....a little on the lazy side I think. He fell asleep reading the foaling book!!

default_aktion033.gif
Good Morning Karina,isnt it exciting..another baby for Anna,I cant wait to see pictures of this little one too. you aked about Cape Cod, I dont go back too often but I grew up there. My mom, who has now passed still has her house there and when I do get a chance will stay there in Osterville which is in Barnstable. My sisters and brother still there. I LOVE Cohasette...beautiful area....its really become a horse area believe it or not...lots of very high end farms..best of both world..water and horse farms
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Do you remember the Barnside Tavern in Hanover? My family owned that for a # of years. Its at Assipinipee corner.
Oh Cohasset is wonderful. I was staying with a family minding their 2 kids and were were in Stamford CT but moved when the husband changed jobs. We lived on Jerusalem Road and there was a barn almost across from us and we ended up bringing the mare that I rode in the Cape there so I had a horse on my doorstep again. It is such a quaint place and lovely people. Actually the movie House Sitter (Goldie Hawn and Steve Martin) was filmed there and The Witches of Eastwick was filmed in Cohasset and the mad driving scene with Jack Nicholson at the end was filmed on Jerusalem Road.

And I think I do know the Barnside Tavern but its been yrs since I was there.

I do plan in a few yrs to make a trip to the US with the kids and hit the Cape, Rhode Island, Cohasset and Boston - all my old haunts lol.

I must dig out some photos from my time there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the "Eastwick" house very well. We were there numerous times catering and we did a couple Christmas parties there too.

You will never recognize parts of Boston and alot of the Cape has changed too but its still a beautiful place.

O.K so I come home to find Peanut with her head in the picnic box and you talking about a guy, so what excitement have I missed.? O.K so now she is in the picnic box scratching her tummy, Heidi you are
wacko.gif
I suppose it would have been too much for you to have bought a normal mini
new_rofl.gif

What is in the picnic box?????? I am so curious

BTW - I LOVE the mucking cooler you just used!!! GREAT idea!

Looks like that's become Peanut's best friend!
default_laugh.png

Liz N.

hi, all, yes i had to fire my employee...too much sleeping on the job. i'll hire another one later. I had hubby bring home a couple coolers of ice for the dogs kiddie pool yesterday. This one was 1/2 full of really cold icey water. So Peanut and SB got to cool off and get alittle refreshed. Peanut stuck her whole muzzle deep in the ice and just rested it in there...she really didnt drink much ...just cooling off her nose i guess. Then she thought it would make some sort of lovely belly scratcher thingy...I could barely pull it away. it did have pieces of carrotts in it but Silver Belle ate them all!! diane i must have been at the other barn sorry I missed your call. Im sure the batteries are all back to normal by now!

Thank you Renee...I am the normal one your right....its my mini that is a little less than normal...thank you...I could not have said it better!!!

Hey Anna, where oh where are the pictures? LOL

WOW!! Everytime I have one of those 'busy' days, I have pages and pages to catch up on! LOL!! Hopefully from now on I wont be doing 'catch up' so much. I rushed over to daughter's today to get pics for you and ended up getting stranded there as the car finally showed us that she had a problem! Been trying to what the car is doing with its water system for several days now, turned up at Cathy's to see a trickle of water appearing from underneath. Luckily friendly mechanic happened to be there, looked and eventually found two tiny holes in a steel pipe - a STEEL pipe, not a nice easy rubber hose pipe! So car going nowhere until engine dismantled and steel pipe cut out and replaced! Had to wait there until a farm truck became available for me to borrow, so drove home and then sent g/son Hamish back to Cathy's with the truck.

Well I got some pics (Diane is going to be happy!) Not easy as Mummy kept moving away and I only had my phone, so nothing 'posed' in fact they are awful LOL!! What we cannot understand is where he got his head from. We were so sure with this experiment breeding that the ONE thing we would get was a nice head, but ooops something went wrong and we have a donkey with long donkey ears!!

Anyway here a some I managed to get (got a few more but photobucket started playing up as usual, so I quit before it cancelled everything!) Will have to use a second post I expect so please be patient!

June11081-1.jpg

June11085.jpg

June11093.jpg

Guess who tried to get in on the act?

June11096.jpg

continued.........

Right now girls, pay attention!! Two yearling colts in the next field........ the coloured one is by Dragon out of my tiny very special elderly Heidi, the chestnut one is out of Hermione - Hermione is also Heidi's daughter by my little Mootie man - by Dragon. Mootie Man is also the sire of Mummy's new son.

Got it?? LOL!! Have you worked out who's related to whom and what that relationship is??

June11086.jpg

And for those interested, daughter Cathy - on her moblie as normal (!!), small son Kyrian, JR Mrs Nest, quickly caught in front of the lorry in the barn. (foaling stables are out of view on the right, big cow pens - empty - on the left) Whole barn is 60' across by 180' approx in length, Cathy has just this far end of it which opens directly to the fields.

June11078.jpg

Lorry again taken from the cow pens, the large living is at the front and the horse section is at the back (small windows)

June11079.jpg

And just coz I love her - my best friend and faithful companion - Labradoodle M.

June11045.jpg

Thats all folks!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Wonderful Anna, he is a cutie pie
wub.gif
I don't think he is a donkey at all
no.gif
I love his butt
biggrin.gif

Love your daughters big barn too.
yes.gif

Anna, will you stop saying he looks like a donkey, he's adorable!!What a cutie!! I can wait till he gets clipped. Your pastures are beautiful too and the big barn...oh..I would just love that. Do you really call your Labordoodle,"Labordoodle M " Thats a great picture sitting in all the buttercups! Finally able to put a face to your daughter Cathy!!

Sorry about your car but we thank you for the pictures.

No I could not figure out the horsey family tree...very confused here!!

Latest posts

Back