Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning all,

What wonderful news about Mummy, I can't wait to see a photo of all 4 together
yes.gif

Sorry that your doggy gave you a fright Heidi, I hate it when they do that. How are they all doing now? You haven't given us an update in a while.

I have just been down to feed my chips and I gave Eagle an extra hug and we had a little chat, I was still too upset to do it last night. I put him in a bigger stall (the one with a view of the pasture) and put the radio on loud enough so that he can't hear any sexy behaviour.

Pat is helping me feel much better about his departure by stepping on my darn foot whilst in his horny frenzy to get out of the stall and in with Britt. He had calmed right down but now he knows there is a mare waiting for him he is a real jerk again. He kicks, bites, head shakes and this morning he spun round and trod on me. Now I have a sore heel
new_shocked.gif

Heidi my lot had conjunctivitis a few weeks ago, it is a bummer cos it takes a while to heal and it is really contagious so be careful not only for the horses but for you too.

Hugs and sweet dreams

Renee

I've been lucky as far as "sickness" in general but darn Sonny has had his eye messed up on about three occasions now over the past 2 years. I noticed the other day his eye was all nasty looking darn it so here I go again with that boy. He won't let me put his fly mask on and is acting like such a weenie. Hasn't been outside for 3 days because of the heat and bugs driving him crazy, he hates that too but I don' blame him for that. That old boy will be the death of me yet.

Anna, I cant believe how much butterfly looks like Dianes horse in her avatar. Shes real pretty. I wish you had the barn names on your site so I could see who Mummy was...I went to peek but I do know you mentioned that your site hasnt been updated in a while....guess i'll just have to wait till the movie comes out LOL.Little heidi does look alot like Peanut of course black bess is white too but doesnt look as much like Peanut as Heidi. O.K. I'll just sit here and wait for you to post pictures!!

SB didnt have any gooy,yucky going on she just started rubbing it and it was just alittle watery....plus I needed an excuse to have the vet out....oh dr...while your right here..can you tell me if Peanuts baby is moving? hey, I didnt ask the vet but can I put neosporin in peanuts eye if it stays runny like it has been. If she puts up a fuss I will just wait till the filly is born and try it then. In other words is neosporin safe for most all eye things?

i am not sure about that Heidi I used Tobral e Voltaren 3 times a day but I don't know if you can get them.

You know Renee I always thought is was contagious and asked the vet and he said no...shoot did he say it was something else..now i need to go look at my invoice...that would have me to believe that that is what is bothering peanut then too. I just didnt have the vet look at her b/c I dont want to stress her out. Being in the next stall and i dont wash my hands between each horse so if it is conjunctivites and Being side by side..bingo. did you treat w/neosporin asmarty mentioned...what did you do?

Yep, it sure is contagious, all 8 of mine in the barn got it. Always wash hands thoroughly between horses ( I always do anyway and mine still all caught it) and don't touch your eyes
new_shocked.gif

poor Peanut, with the eye problems and that huge belly, she musn't be having much fun at the moment, at least Mummy Heidi is giving her lots of scratches, love and attention,
default_wub.png

5.29am and she went down again on her left side this time. stayed down until 5.35am so a total of 6 minutes
new_shocked.gif

her due date was yesterday. I think she is o.k, maybe waiting for breakfast.

Diane was thinking she could still change some more behind... but that could have changed overnight... but both girls have been on and off restless and acting strange for the last week... they are both slowly getting closer...
default_aktion033.gif

haha, unfortunatly I HAVE NO IDEA!! the guy who owned her previously, I bought her in foal, didnt know when she was in with the stallion... duh!! dont you record these things lol obviously not so I have to go totally by her signs, Its a little similar for Peanut as there was a few matings... but at least she knows that she was mated in between such and such a date...
default_no.gif
I just have to watch and wait and hope and pray!! but everyone here is awesome and has been GREAT help!!
default_wub.png

sorry Heidi I should have put that on my own post... umm update on Peanut... LOL 6:27am and Peanut is a statue LOL with a fly veil
default_yes.gif
poor little girl!

Well the sun is shining so I guess you will be up soon Heidi. I hope you got a good nights sleep, well half a night at least.

saludando.gif
Good Morning
saludando.gif
Peanut went down a few times but on for a little. Have a good day
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back