Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your new little boy is just gorgeous and not a donkey head in sight and love his bum too. He will be a beautiful spotty boy. I love the pic with your filly checking out the new arrival - thats just precious

Heidi, I thought you said Diane went home (or did she come back again?) You really shouldn't have let her drink so much.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for the kind comments on our new little fella. I know he's a bit up on his tippy toes at the moment, but he 'drops down' perfectly when he moves, so in a short while he will be fine. BUT I really must try soon to get a side view of his head, it's a total wedge shape and Mummy and Mootie both have such gorgeous heads (not Arabian, but more classic). Next thing we shall have to wait for is to see whether the dark line down his back is just foal colouring or in fact an eel stripe, just like his Daddy! Mootie was a deeper chestnut for the first couple of years of his life, so hardly showed the eel at all, but his dam was a cream dun, so we knew it was a possibilty. Moots is now a pale chestnut with a strong eel, plus a couple of years ago he suddenly started showing white hairs throughout his body hair - only visible in the summer, and only if you look closely. So not sure what is going on there - any ideas? Moots is 11 this year.

I'm on a bit of a picture 'roll' now girls. LOL!! Just to keep you occupied through the long hours of the coming night!

Mad group pics of the girl herd still home here with me. I had just called them up from their big 25 acre space coz I needed them to eat off some of the field we were just fencing. So here the come.......

June11036.jpg

Bay mare at the front is my old foundation mare, Nutty, coloured big moving girl on the left is one of her g/daughters.

June11037.jpg

off for another scamper around.

June11038.jpg

Slowing down.

June11039.jpg

Now it's time for grass!!

June11040.jpg

I love my girls!!

I LOVE YOUR GRASS!!!!!!!!!!! lol I just had to say that hehe

I agree with Heidi!! gorgeous place you have!! your girls are the cutest! how many have you got or are putting into foal for next year?? and will you have a camera?!!!?!? so we can watch??
default_yes.gif

well Peanut, another night goes past for me, another night coming up for you, has she changed at all Heidi...? has she dropped yet? I will take a pic of Suzie on top so you can see the difference, though suzie is bigger then Peanut so it will be different.

Where is poor Peanut? Heidi get that drunken layabout out of that stable and let Peanut have her posh cosy home back!

Hope Alby is feeling a bit less sore and upset Renee, and you foot is recovering too.
default_yes.gif

Well it's way after midnight here my friends and my bed is calling me - M too as she sleeps with me, plus the odd cat or two or three! LOL!!

Nite nite all.
default_saludando.gif

LOL very good Diane your such a good sharer!!
default_biggrin.png
LOL

she looks to me like she is dropping but its pretty hard to tell from the camera we have grass!! and I love it! but its not weed free and gorgeous like that!! LOL

I plan on planting some this spring
default_yes.gif

come on Peanut we are ready for this baby!!
default_yes.gif

haha yeah! everyone on marestare is keeping their eyes peeled!! they are all expecting a baby from Miss Peanut tonight! dear Peanut you better not dissapoint your many aunties and uncles that are watching you!!
default_wink.png

Hi Heidi-I have figured out how to work the Barn Alarm on marestare and it is 'freaking' people out. I had Peanut and Suzie up on my moms laptop and left them for her to watch yesterday and it turns out that the galloping hooves went off (for a different barn) and my poor dad was searching for a noise and was certain his AC unit was dying!!:) So funny that my mom and him finally figured it out that it was the laptop! I also had the hooves last night on my laptop (next to my bed) and I jumped up and was panicked because I couldn't get Peanut or Suzie up fast enough...and then realized that it was a different barn...then I had to figure out how to turn it off! My husband just humphed at me....he thinks I am crazy staying up and watching other peoples horses. This morning I had the laptop in the kitchen while I was getting my daughters up and all of a sudden my dog started barking (he never barks and it sounded panicy) so I rushed downstairs and he was barking at my computer...it was so funny!

Anyway, is there a way to limit the alerts to just the 2 barns I am currently watching? If anyone knows I would love to be informed! Thanks

Oh, you had asked me about my horses and I finally took a minute (while I have Peanut and Suzie minimized) to gather some pics of them. I will create a post for them so as not to 'crash' Peanuts!

Happy Foaling!

Charity you are too funny LOL you make me laugh how cute!! p.s is your avatar Princess Atta from a bugs life?? used to be my most fave movie lol still is up there

Thanks for watching Suzie and Peanut so well for the both of us!

there isn't a way that you can just have two up, but you can cut it off if it starts, when it comes up with the noise, on the right hand corner there is a popup (this is also a really quick way to get to the cams that your after i.e out two precious girls!! hehe) click on the name like mine Kingspark miniatures then it takes you straight to it, it also makes the noise stop as well... hope that helps. I also take the barn alarm down if I'm not there so I don't scare pple with galloping horses hehe

your poor dad LOL

thanks for watching hope that helps
default_yes.gif

Thanks Heidi-it does help. I will pass on the intel to my mom. Yes, my dad was certain something was malfunctioning and heaven forbid it be the AC. It has been sooooo hot here! I did post pics of our minis if you have a chance to look. I have to move computers now....my dog wants to go to bed! I will have the laptop up and running with Marestare in less than 5 minutes so hold on Peanut!!!!!
default_saludando.gif

Diane, no problem, Im here get some sleep...you'll need it tomorrow. you will have a fun day...no rock climbing or roller blading please. peanut has had 4 real loose runny pops from about 4 on. Ph 6.4 Shes was pretty restless earlier tonight..not sure why. Charli, funny story, I am glad you have the alarm figured out..hopefully your husband doesnt mind galloping horses at 3 am. Cassie your so good w/computer stuff, i could never explain all that thanks. I cant get over Suzis shape this week...huge change!!

well Im cleaning kitchen cabinets.....boring but UI have a bazzillion cans all over the counter that need to be put back..i'll be back in a bit!

well Heidi I think maybe our two girls have been talking to each other the whole time SO EXCITED!! I went home at lunch and (no I didn't find a foal lol phew) not that exciting but Suzie has 4 mushy poops as well!! LOL you better check your stable Heidi cos I reckon that they have a secret phone and are racking up huge mobile bills LOL and gosh if she is ever cranky!! put her ears back at me, just after I gave her some hay and even ran up to Smartie ears back teeth bared!! funniest sight. but she is acting really funny this arvo.

n I agree about the shape change! sorry I'm posting about Suzie on Peanuts thread LOL woops.

no worries about the computer thing, and I'm not that great I ask heaps of questions (lol my life story) and thats how I learn hehe

Peanut is playing statue with a slowly rotating tail, rest up Peanut, we are still excpecting greatness from you tonight!!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I haven't posted for a while but I am busy packing all my things, I have told the horses to pack their buckets too. Oh did I tell you all????

I am moving in with Aunty Anna but ssshhhhhhhhh she doesn't know yet, I want to surprise her. Those rolling green hills are calling me
laugh.gif
Anna my Mum said it is cold and wet in Bournemouth, what is it like there? Any chance of a few photos of your barn (the one where my chips will go)
biggrin.gif

Diane have a great day and don't let them wear you out out.
saludando.gif

Heidi all is quiet at 2.20am, are you going to get some sleep tonight? Let me know so I can help.

Charli, your dad was lucky it was a low cos a high alert is even worse than galloping hooves,
yes.gif
there was a period that they were using other animals too and it got really crazy. My hubby got really stroppy when I left it on at night
whistling.gif
lol he too thinks I am totally crazy and it annoys him like mad when I sit at the pc at night.

Sweet dreams all
saludando.gif

Why on earth are you awake Heidi at this time of night let alone up, dressed and out with Peanut. Get to bed now
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Just checked Peanut and she is munching her hay - guess I'm safe to shoot out to do my boys!

Renee, cant wait for you and the chips to arrive, but have to tell you that your Mum is spot on - we have nasty rain too!!

Have a brilliant fun (and tiring day) Diane!

I see Suzie is safely back in her stable and eating her supper. How's the rain with you Cassie.

Off i go, catch you all a bit later.
default_saludando.gif

Amazing scenery in those pics Anna and love to see all the mares running together with the rolling hills in the background. I might just have to pack my bags myself lol.

I am not sure if your foal is dun because as I understand it a chestnut foal born with dun tends to be a lot lighter in colour - more like an apricot colour. From the pics your boy looks a lot darker chestnut (reminds me of a foal I had out of a dun mare but no dun). But then he is a mini so could have changed the rules.

Here is a link to Dun Central Station and you can have a look at the red duns on it.

http://www.duncentralstation.com/RedDun.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back