Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that site Karina - interesting! We were simply hoping for a spotty dun, and as Daddy is a dun we were hopeful. Still time will tell?

I always said Daddy was a cream dun, but after coming on LB I understood that he should be called a red dun? He was born very deep chestnut (all over) but as he grew older his body lightened (even his mane and tail) showing a very strong dun eel strip down his spine and the centre of his tail. His dam WAS a cream dun, almost palomino in her body, and for the past few years Mootie, in his summer coat, has been a pale biscuit colour - he darkens a bit in the winter back to a mid chestnut.

I must try to get some up to date pics of him, but he is such a scruffy little tubby boy these days, I'm quite embarrassed to show him off to the outside world. LOL!! If you want to pop on to my website www.ancasterstud.co.uk (apologies that a lot of it is missing, daughter is muddling it up as she is trying to update it via our new server - but give her time!) you will find Mootie (Colonel Mustard) on stallions page 2 and as a foal of around 5 months on foals - past (just scroll down) coz these two pages still seem to be working!! The stallion picture is not very good and was taken around 5 years ago - he's lighter in the summer now!

Peanut resting, but not looking very settled!

Poor Peanut is now having trouble with her itches, bless her.

Do you have midges there Heidi - we have horrid, almost invisible, little ones here at certain times of the year, often after a hot humid spell. They drive you insane - need to rush for the shower at the end of the day to get that horrid 'something is creeping over my skin' feeling. They dont seem to bother the cats or dogs, but the horses just hate them!

I had a look at your boy and even that foal pic of him he has that Apricot colour going on.

It will be interesting to see if your new little boy changes colour so its a case of wait and see. As most foals are born with this counter shading its hard to know sometimes.

This was Prince that at the time I was wondering if he was a red dun but I was told (on Equine Color Fourm) it was foal counter shading and that he was too dark to be a red dun and as it turned out he was just chestnut - no dun but he did have sooty.

2008_0513genminis0019.jpg

2008_0513genminis0018.jpg

2008_0513genminis0016.jpg

Karina he is gorgeous!! love his head!! well Peanut, I wonder if you will do a daytime foaling?? I have barn alarm up so if she decides to do anything can someone hit the alarm so I can watch pretty please??
default_aktion033.gif
Thankyou!!

night all have a great day!! (still so strange saying that LOL)

Ooooo what a nice lad Karina and yes our new baby looks just like your foal picture, so as you say we shall just have to wait and see.

I scampered out into the field this morning and grabbed a few pics of Mootie - all tubby and scruffy looking, stuffing his face as fast as he could! May try posting one if I decide they are not too awful once I have viewed them!

Peanut is not a happy girl at the moment - do you think we might get a daytime baby??

Ah I see Heidi is there and breakfast has arrived!

Cathy has just arrived here so I'm off to do a catch up and to find out how our new little foal is doing today.

Think Heidi will be watching Peanut, so can someone keep an eye of Suzie for a while please.

hi, Karina , your horse is sure pretty...I dont have one in that color...but I'd sure like to
default_wub.png
Peanut has now calmed down a bit but she has been up and down 4 times already todat...the longest about 30 min. this is unusual for her.....now shes back to eatting
default_frusty.gif

Cassie, Im going to be in and out all day most likely ( just to the barns and back ) but I do have Cassie on 1/2 screen.

Prince is very handsome - he is now a 3 yr old gelding and was bought by a 12yr old (now 14)with her Conformation Money and living in Tipperary with a donkey friend. He has his Moms big movement and could really cover the ground.

I am just back from town (Conor has his birthday Monday so had to get a few prezzies)and I am glad I havent missed anything.

started watching and cam went down. hope its back up so we can watch!

OMG I hope everything is ok. I saw it was frozen and then refreshed and nothing came back up.

Oh and Conor is going to be 9 on Monday (he is my eldest). Thank you Heidi and Cassie for the birthday wishes I will pass them on.

Karina how many kids do you have? 9 is such a great age, but they grow up so fast. My eldest is 12 and is a yong man nearly. Thank goodness I have Alby who at 3 still lets me kiss and hug him.

Renee

Happy Birthday to your son too Megan - only a day between them lol

Renee I have 4 kids and Conor is the eldest then there is Grace who is 5 1/2 and Aofie (pronounced E-Fa) is 4 1/2 Aofie is very tall for her age and everyone thinks they are twins although I call them my Irish twins as there is only 14 months between them. And then a very big surprise arrived last yr (I was shell shocked for a while)and we called her Abby and she is now 10 months.

I dread Conor hitting the teens but he is a very good young lad so I am hoping it wont be too rough. As for the ladies when they hit the teens I think I will commit myself to a home as Grace is a DIVA and Aofie a total monkey so they keep me on my toes.

Abby is a very good baby and loves her cuddles and is very placid (for now anyway)

Gosh Karina and you find time for potato chips
worshippy.gif
please don't tell me you work too
new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back