PALS Miniatures Foaling Thread *** Updated Pictures 5/21***

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pictures, love the color on both Joker and DejaVu! Trickster sure turned dark but you will be surprised how much red comes back in. They all look great, now we need a full body shot of Joker too! LOL, I know Im just never satisfied am I?
default_whistling.gif

Thanks Melinda. Yes, I'll try to get more of Joker clipped. My blades dulled quickly with the dirty babies! LOL I have one more new set to use. I'm using my Laube cordless Speed Feed. They're wonderful to do the foals with!

Thanks Diane and Renee! I actually had to put sunscreen on Deja and Joker today because it got so hot. I will have to put it on them again tomorrow since it will be close to 90 degrees here! It's way too early for this kind of heat!!

I took some updated pictures of Glitz today. I believe that the foal has dropped now. Her udder isn't as 'tight' as I think it should be. She was swollen this morning, but not red inside yet. She rolled and scratched her belly by 'sitting' again. And she walks like she is miserable. It got up to 88 degrees here today..............and humid. It's thundering outside now. Hoping it will rain, as we really need it! Anyway, let me know what you 'experts' think about the way she looks now.
default_yes.gif

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

goodness she sure looks ready to drop!!! she is massive poor gorgeous girl!

I love your little babies!! so adorable!

Trickster is living up to his name with the colour changing LOL my colt Finn did a similar thing I hope you dont mind a couple of pics, very similar colour to Trickster
default_smile.png

004.JPG at a few days old,

424718_10150733429319027_767189026_12332891_1246940473_n.jpg

his and my first clipping try hehe

and now at 7 months old fluffy as and ready for winter LOL

I can't wait to see how he looks in the summer so excited

13041212.jpg

Cassie, Finn's coloring is so close to Trickster's! Thanks for sharing! I still need to get his head clipped so it doesn't look like his head is 'red' and his body is 'chocolate.' LOL

Cassie, Finn's coloring is so close to Trickster's! Thanks for sharing! I still need to get his head clipped so it doesn't look like his head is 'red' and his body is 'chocolate.' LOL
your very welcome Pam
default_smile.png
I'm glad you were ok with posting the pics of Finn
default_smile.png

oh please post pics of Trickster after you get his head clipped
default_smile.png
he has such a lovely head I can't wait to see it without the fluffy foal coat hehe. (I am so tempted to clip Finn's head LOL he has such a coat on him his head doesn't look as pretty as it used to LOL n Im hoping its still hiding there under ALL that fluff!)

I love your gorgeous babies congrats again!

You haven't by any chance got another foal have you?? Glitz looks as though she going to present you with a new baby any minute now!!

No wonder she walks around looking bit mizz - carrying all that weight must be quite a strain, bless her.

Good luck and safe foaling!
default_yes.gif

Well, still no baby from Glitz! I'm heading out to feed, and I will be checking her udder to see if it is any 'tighter' this morning. She has been wearing her Equipage at night. She doesn't lay out flat much at all. Maybe because she is so round! LOL We had a thunder storm last night, so I thought that might trigger something. But no! She'll look lovely when I turn her out to roll in the mud! LOL

Been watching Glitz all morning while I got my stalls cleaned. She walked off by herself, after the usual 'meet n greet' with her friends. After I got done with chores, I took a sample of her milk. She's testing 'ready' on my pool strips. Plus I checked the refractometer, and her colostrum is testing 'off the chart!' I went back out and put her Equipage on her because it's hard to keep an eye on her at all times when she's outside. She's been rolling again, so I'm praying she has her foal in position.

Oooooooo so exciting!! Saying prayers for a safe smooth foaling.
default_pray.gif

I guess she's going to make us wait until tonight. I'll be putting her in her stall in just a bit. It's about time to feed everyone!

oooh so excited to hear Glitz is testing ready!! praying for safe foaling for you Pam and a gorgeous little foal safe on the ground before to long! come on Glitz we want to see your baby!!

Thank you all for well-wishes and prayers! Glitz is still holding onto her baby! LOL She is standing in her favorite spot and not acting any different, so far. I looked up her foaling time last year, and it was at 6:30 PM. I'm still hoping she'll foal before morning, but I've been surprised before. LOL

Latest posts

Back