PALS Miniatures Foaling Thread *** Updated Pictures 5/21***

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Congratulations!!! On the new foal and for being so lucky! Doesn't it frustrate you when we watch and watch these mares, plan, test milk, poke udders, etc and then they just lay down and have one when we don't expect it???? The good news is you have a healthy, live foal.!! Pic please!
If I would have had any thought that Brandy might foal today, one of us would have stayed home today! My aunt is 83 years old and was really looking forward to going on this outting today. I'm so thankful for a healthy mare and foal!

Congrats on another new baby and what a doll she is. I am guessing Brandy crossed her legs till she saw you head out the driveway and then once she was sure you were gone she got down to business
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

The only thing in its favour + the fact that the foal was positioned correctly is that outside with the other mares she would have felt the need to get up quickly to defend her baby from other mares thus tearing the sack. That is always my biggest fear is that they will foal without me but if they are in the stable on their own that they feel so secure that they are in no hurry to get up to check on their bundle of joy and you might have a foal that is not able to get out of the sack on its own.

Here are pictures of 'Miss Lucky Lady' outside. And, Karina, I think you were right about Brandy getting up quickly to help her foal get out of the sack. I found the sack still attached to the placenta. Everything looked good. And Diane, yes I think she watched up drive out of the driveway!! She has foaled for us twice, but always at night. Very sneaky, indeed!!

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0231.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

Take a look at the long, feathered fetlocks on this girl! I have never had a foal with that much leg hair!!

Oh my gosh, I just hate when that happens- my very first Mini foal was born during the day and suffocated in the sac... I have been paranoid ever since! Congrats on a lovely baby and so glad all went well. She's a cutie!

Oh she is just so darn cute, bless her. Please keep the pictures coming!
default_thumbup.gif

Thanks Equuisize! Love your 'Z Family' names!

I decided I would post some updated pictures of our palomino pintaloosa mare, Darmonds Gold N Glitter (aka Glitz). She is at 321 days today and beginning feel miserable, I think. Here are a couple of pictures. I finally got one with her head up! LOL She's a little porker, for sure! The one picture where she is scratching her belly has little Trickster wondering what on earth she is doing! LOL

DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

Diane, I think she is getting the foal into position. She rolls during the day, when she's not eating! LOL And she's rubbing her butt on everything.........hence the dark marks above her tail! Her udder does not seem close to 'ready.' It is still soft, but filling. She carried her last foal 330 days. So I'm hoping she gets in gear and starts making some big changes! LOL

Pam she is adorable! Thanks for sharing such great pics
default_thumbup.gif
She does look a little hungry though
default_whistling.gif

Thanks Renee and Diane! Glitz is a favorite of mine. She loves her cookies! LOL And she is just the best little mare to let me check her udder. She actually likes it and will nuzzle my arm!
default_wub.png
She is bred to our snowcap, Smokey. So I'm 'hoping for spots' and praying for healthy.
default_yes.gif

Not much change in Glitz. I do believe that the foal is getting into position. She had a little swelling in her 'hoo-ha,' then it went away. Thinking the foal was putting pressure on her. Her udder is getting fuller, but not tight enough yet. She carried 338 days last year! She's at 325 days today. I'm hoping she won't carry as long as she did last year. LOL

Here are some better pictures of our newest baby girl, "PALS Aces Lucky Lady."

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

Awww, isn't she sweet? I've had so many colts here the past couple of years, I've forgotten what fillies look like!

Thanks Diane! She really is a cute filly.............even without spots! LOL But you know how we are! LOL

Awww, isn't she sweet? I've had so many colts here the past couple of years, I've forgotten what fillies look like!
She is sweet Becky, but she's not too sure about me yet. She's the one who arrived without any help! LOL Did you happen to see Ron's yearling filly at the show? He said that she did really well.
default_yes.gif

And maybe the Filly Fairy will visit your farm soon!

Pam, I did see Rons' filly at the show last weekend. She is GORGEOUS!!!! Great color on that appy girl! She was second in her color class at the Friday show. She should have won it! Ron said she won the color class at the second show. She should have. I had the pleasure of holding her for Ron before her class on Friday. I might just have to see if I can talk Ron into letting me take her to Regionals and World for him.
default_whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back