PALS Miniatures 2013 Foals Due***Perfect Foaled A Filly 4/25***Chrissy Foaled 4/26***Updated Picture

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am commenting through mom's profile since I dont want to log out and am at her place LOL! Anyhooo WOOOHOOO, cmon Chrissy I wanna see your next leopard baby!!!

Melinda

default_risa8.gif
WE WANT SPOTS! WE WANT SPOTS! WE WANT SPOTS!!!!!
default_risa8.gif

We're cheering for her! How's she doing?

Thanks so much for the 'well wishes' ladies! Chrissy is just standing in her stall, but she's doing a lot of tail swishing. I looked it up, and last year she foaled at 7:30 PM. I guess this time she's going to make us get up out of bed............IF she decides to foal tonight! LOL I'll keep you all posted.

Melinda, I hope you're taking pictures of your mom's foals so we can see them too!

Pam, are you part of the Appaloosa Project? I'm thinking that Smokey is not just a snowcap -- but is really a partial (near) few spot. His white is so extensive -- larger than a snowcap blanket -- much more the incomplete expression of leopard (full-body) patterning. Of course, he's already 100% homozygous as a snowcap -- but I know Tamboro was determined to be a partial few spot (with lightning stripes on his legs) -- and they both very much alike!

Looking forward to these patterned babies!!

Tamboro:

Smokey

the incomplete expression of leopard (full-body) patterning -- is what I'm thinking?

Last edited:
Well, no foal this morning! LOL Chrissy managed to set the pager off overnight. And once it wouldn't 're-set'...............it just would start beeping again, and both mares were standing! Then I happened to notice that it looked like Chrissy's transmitter had come un-snapped on one side. Guess she had been rubbing her head alot! Got that fixed right away! LOL

Diane, I have read lots of information on the Appaloosa Project. I've never sent a picture of Smokey for anyone to evaluate. But I've had someone else call him a fewcap. His coloring does look a lot like Tamboro's. Thanks so much for posting the pictures!
default_yes.gif

Well, having had several few spot and near few spots here, his patterning just is too extensive to simply be a snowcap.

My girl Amber was a near few spot (confirmed by the Appaloosa Project) -- and here is a clipped picture so you can see the extensive white patterning that took her "beyond" the snowcap classification.

Amber clipped 8-22-09 001.jpg

Last edited:
A "near few spot" -- which explains the extensive white patterning -- still 100% homozygous for appaloosa!

He's a beautiful producer Pam -- and I've admired him for a long time! Can't wait to see the babies this year!

Thanks so much Diane! I'm hoping that one day he will produce a colt like himself...........only shorter! LOL And I'm just sure that the mare I sold (bred to Smokey) will have a loud colored foal this year! It always happens when you sell one! LOL Last year the mare had a nice appy-characteristic filly............that is coloring out now.
default_yes.gif

Not a lot of change in Chrissy or Perfect. Here is a picture of the Foal Time test this evening. The one on the left is Chrissy's. I would think that she is 'close' to foaling. The one on the right is Perfect's. She's not quite 'there' yet, but her milk is really sticky!

DSCN1407_1_1.JPG

Here is Chrissy's udder: IMG_6083_1_1.JPG

Here is Perfect's udder: IMG_6084_1_1.JPG

Chrissy has a little more wax on one teat. I'm hoping she will foal before morning.....but who knows?!! LOL

Wow! Those udders look 'ready to foal' to me! Good luck with them and I hope to see some spotted baby pics in the morning!

O exciting, they are looking VERY close, especially Chrissy, tell them to get a move on we want more spots around here LOL!!

WOW!! I will be expecting an announcement about Chrissy's any minute, followed by one for Perfect's baby within 24 hours!!

Good luck and safe foaling!
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif

VERY exciting!!! Just checking threads for announcements -- and you'll be making one VERY soon by the looks of this!

oh yep
default_smile.png
Chrissy will be foaling very soon. I think Perfect might take a few more days but who knows with these girls
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back