Oops

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchantress

Reaction score
Well, in August I decided to start the search for a nice ASPC/AMHR horse to add to my show string. Sheryl (Irish Hills Farm) posted an ad for a grey mare and she was just what I was looking for. I've always loved Michigan's Sharp as a Tack, and she just happened to have a daughter for sale. So many thanks to Sheryl..she's the sweetest little mare, very smart and she's the barn favourite of the kids that hang out at my barn. This is one of the pics she sent me.

0802.jpg

That was easy...right? Well, unfortunately with the market being so low, there's a lot of horses out there. And now there's a lot more in my barn! Just doing my part to help the economy, I suppose!

Thank you to the Fluhr's for:

Buckeye WCF Classical Carnival. 2001 ASPC/AMHR mare. She's a King Lee daughter and GMB great granddaughter. I believe she's in foal to Ten L Tiger's Legacy. I didn't really know she was for sale, but I'd sent a friend from KY over to look at her two daughters, which I'd seen advertised, and she told me I had to buy this mare (thanks Hillary!) and so I did. The trot on this mare is unbelievable.

carrienice1-1.jpg

and her 2007 filly, also by King Lee.

maddie-1.jpg

and her 2008 filly, by Ten L Tiger's Legacy

lacey.jpg

As if that's not enough..I had seen the McCarthy's mare Rhapsody's Absolute Elegance at the Area 1 show and she was just amazing so I checked out the Rhapsody site. Which was a mistake.
default_wink.png

Rhapsody's For-Reign Elegance (ASPC), by Rhapsody's Reign Man, a Rock E grandson and out of the same dam as Absolute Elegance, a Rock E daughter. She's the biggest character. I think she was a colt in a previous life. I picked her up at Nationals and when i saw her trot/float she just gave me chills.

olga1.jpg

olga3.jpg

So I managed to get the buckskin filly, grey mare and the two babies on my trailer on the way home from Nationals, which meant I'd have to make another trip down to get "Carrie". I THOUGHT I was going to be making a trip to Little King to pick up a colt for someone so I figured why not see if they have anything for sale. Sometimes I dont' always think things through, obviously. Did I mention the other person ended up not getting the colt?

Little Kings Monopoly 2005 ASPC colt. Sired by Woodmere's Been There Dun That out of Lyon Bros Lady Amanda. He was Congress winner as a yearling and two year old. He likes to act all big and tough, but his secret is that he really likes his nose kissed. Shhhh.

Monopoly021.jpg

And Little Kings Buckeroo Victory. A/R Buckeroo son. He definitely thinks he's all that and a super size bag of chips. I'm hoping he'll be my open pleasure 32-34 horse for next year.

IMG_2324.jpg

And since I really never learn, I thought it would be a great idea to pick up during the Little King sale.
default_wacko.png

I didn't get there in time to pick up a bidders number (good thing!) but since there had been some interest from people up here in several horses in the sale, I asked for a list of what hadn't sold. Did I mention I'm not always that smart? So, I made a couple phone calls and in the process of looking for other people (HAHA) I ended up taking a liking to this little guy.

echo.jpg

echotrot.jpg

I still haven't picked a registered name for him yet (suggestions anyone?) He's sired by LK Buck Echo and out of Lucky Four Smokes Sensational. Another one of those horses with an incredible trot. And, of course, I really needed another boy like I needed a hole in the head.

Apparently I needed another hole in my head too.

colt.jpg

2007 AMHR/ASPC COLT. yeah I'm a sucker. But just look at his sweet face.
default_rolleyes.gif
Sired by Woodmere's Been There Dun That and out of Rocket's Grey Doll VB. He needs a name too, if anyone has any ideas.

And, as of today, I'll be the proud owner of my "new" gelding.

sugardaddynationals.jpg

Picture is courtesy of Tracy (yankee_minis). I've had this guy for sale for a while, but he just did so well at Nationals considering it was his first big class and with only a couple months of training. So, since I didn't plan on ever breeding him again (he has 1 filly) I decided snip snip was his best option. And now he'll be easier to keep around since the kids always loved playing with him. So, for the 3rd time in 30 years of having horses, I have a GELDING!

Just so much to be excited about, and on top of it all I'm expecting 3 babies for next year. The first is Carrie (above) and Ten L Tigers Legacy. I also wanted to see what my 3 yr old Sheep Meadow Whiz grandson would produce. Photo courtesy of Tracy.

gator1.jpg

so I bred him to my Bond Dynamo granddaughter.

And the last was more of an oopsie than a planned breeding, but I'm certainly not going to complain!

MW Bobbi Sox photo courtesy of Tracy.

bobbi3.jpg

is bred to boinky's buckskin Rock E grandson.

Now all I have to do is move out of Maine closer to the real world so I can show all these guys without driving across the country!

Oh, and does anyone know where I can find a mini shopaholics anonymous meeting?

Jen, Jen, Jen,,,, what can I say??? WOW!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!! Always great taste!!! Nice, nice, nice!!!! I want a birthday and Christmas suprise like that!!!!

What fun you are going to have this summer coming!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Me

Wow... that's quite a herd you found~! Congratulations, they are very very nice!

You will have LOTS of fun for this upcoming show season, that's for sure!

Andrea

OMG you have GOT to post more pictures of your palomino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am LOVE struck
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif

More pictures pretty please
default_pray.gif

WOW-WOW-WOW
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
That is quite a big addition to your stable!!! CONGRATS!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

They are all gorgeous!!
default_yes.gif

HOLY COW!!
default_new_shocked.gif
What an AWESOME group of new kids you have there!

My favorites are the black pinto mare and the buckskin boy. But I love them all!
default_wub.png

Oops?! I don't think there's a single oops on this page. All of these horses are stunning! Congratulations!

LOVE YOUR POST! You are too funny. I lost count though how many have you bought? Absolutely gorgeous horses, I love your taste in small horses!

B

WOW and congratulations. I lost count too, but I know it took us YEARS to buy our horses and our herd is still smaller than that.

If I name the red and white colt can I have him?? I want to see more pictures and maybe a video of him, but I love the palomino above him too. Well, OK, I like them all but I don't hanker after ASPC/AMHR's yet.

Congratulations !!! I showed Monopoly to all his Congress wins, He is a very kool kid !! I wish you lots of luck with your new charges..
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jen, you already know if Monopoly comes up missing, he is not in Cumberland
default_worshippy.gif
default_wub.png
And if the palomino stud comes up missing, he is just simply visiting my mare and I'll think about returning him sometime
default_whistling.gif

~Jen~

default_laugh.png
I just love the narration in this post. Got a laugh out of me. Lovely horses! A very good demonstration of why I cant go out and look around. I get it from my mom...
default_wink.png

LOL jen... I wondered when you'd ever finally post about them all.

I can't wait to get Monoply and Victory driving for this year!! we are going to have quite a show season between the ones i already have, my NEW one and all your new horses! We'll be driving our butts off!!

I had to laugh tonight Your "new" gelding...well lets just say apparently this gelding him today didn't hold him back! i put him out in michelles paddock after i was sure the anestesia wore off and he seemed OK and he was trotting around checking things out..pooping on other poop piles ect. I did some chorse and went to check on him.. saw a furry little black and white creature digging in the ground (skunk)..next thing i know i saw Sugar daddy running up to it.. i was going "NO NO SUGAR DADDY NO!" of course he didn't pay any attention to me and I WASN'T going anywhere near that thing..lol he walked right up put his nose on it and it just ran away!!! i coudln't believe it..disaster avoided!!! i was sure he was going to get skunked and right after being gelded it would be a real pain to have to deal with a skunked freshly gelded horse!!! lol

Back