On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter (vet) is coming this morning to check IgG so that should be interesting to watch too! I will be keeping them in until then. Notice what a good mom Toffee is, even though she is very hard to catch, and that baby has none of Toffee's hang-ups!!

Congratulations on your new foal Mary! She is just beautiful, and I love those stockings!!

Darn I missed Peter! I just watched him talking to you and leaving.

What are his predictions about Dancer???

Why would Peter have any better predictions than anyone else LOL? He says baby is in position, but we knew that. Of course the alarm went off while we were in the driveway chatting but it was only a false alarm (grooming Cowboy). He will be close by all day today.

We did not end up doing the IgG because he was having trouble getting blood. We talked about the pros and cons and decided it is unlikely that there will be an issue with passive transfer and if there is, do we really want to take her to Tufts, which is what it would entail? Can't do that while we wait for Dancer....

Beautiful little filly! Congratulations and hoping for a healthy foal for Dancer soon so you can get some much deserved sleep.
default_biggrin.png

Mary I haven't seen a foal healthier than that little rascal, she was charging round all night. I have no doubt that she is doing just perfectly.

OK, my very first foal was a full sized mule back in the 1970's, but this is the healthiest, quickest MINI foal I remember. Usually they need some help with drinking or pooping, or something. Although I do recall Rusty doing laps around Sox while she was still down after he was born. We had to move the water buckets because we were afraid he would crash into them!

I'm a day late and several dollars short but yooohoo, congrats, etc,etc. anyhow. Glad it turned out well and she is a cutie! Love the socks, stockings, hosiery!
default_yes.gif

I used to do IgG's on all the foals, but gave that up. After a while you just seem to "know" if there's a problem by watching baby's antics, movement, nursing, etc. So, after a while, I only tested the ones I had a concern about. Even those were fine -- but I felt better testing a couple that concerned me.

THIS LITTLE SPITFIRE can't have a thing wrong with her!! EXCEPT she doesn't know how to stop !!

Just beautiful!

Just been watching the hive of activity at teatime Mary. Toffee and the spitfire have just been removed from their stall - are they having a little outside time?? Hope we might see some pictures if they are??

How's Dancer looking this evening?

Yes, at tea time Toffee and baby were bought outside to meet the world and a large group of 4-Hers, parents, grandparents, and assorted other folks. Toffee and baby (who needs a name badly!) were huge hit and unbelievably good. Toffee - despite being un-trusting - is the BEST mother!!! Photos coming soon...

Yep, agree with Diane (and Peter) that the chance of this baby having a problem with passive transfer are slim based on her antics so far and how quickly she picks up on everything.

Dancer is the same... lots of butt rubbing...

Cowboy and Mira are hanging outside Dancer's stall tonight sort of the way Clyde was looking in Toffee's window yesterday. Just sayin......

Latest posts

Back