Odette *colt*, Britt *colt*.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My vet came and said all is well, his tendons should relax in a couple of days
default_smile.png
Odette wasn't impressed with us touching him so Martina (vet) cut the visit short as she said she could see he was fine and didn't want to get Odette in a tiz.lol

Odette is a wonderful mum and won't let him out of her sight for a second, not even for food
default_smile.png

I managed to give him a few scratches this evening as he was too tired to run off
default_smile.png

Oh and here are some puppy pics too.

1 day.JPG

1 day old.JPG

nearly 6 week.JPG

nearly 6 weeks.JPG

My little angel Merlin is in the chewing phase, anything and everything goes in his mouth. tut tut

I love this little guy to bits, he is such a character.

chewing everything.JPG

AHH! Cute overload here! I just love both Merlin's and Odette's colt's faces. And omg do I love the puppies out in the yard romping around! That photo of Merlin with Alby is just adorable. Both are so handsome!

<3 <3 those puppy pix!!!! Oh my goodness they are darling.

Glad the vet felt your new lil' man is doing well, too.

And Merlin looks wonderful as does your son.

What's a bit of nibbling between good friends?

Love his squeaks! lol.. so cute..

Oh Renee. ALL the pics and the video are absolutely fabulous!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Merlin is such a cheeky little fellow - love the way he's chewing Alby's fingers. LOL!!

Have you got a name for the new little chap yet - I'm sure he will soon become more confident, it's always more difficult for the babies who have Mommas who prefer their own space to sharing that with us humans. So glad the vet thought that he will be fine in with a few days of outside exercise - that will please Odette, no need for her to spend her days shut in her stable!!

As for those pickle puppies - well they are just beyond delightful, and they look so well, you have done brilliantly with them.
default_yes.gif

awwww such a unique color! Odette is sneaky, glad everything went well, sorry your order was messed up.
default_smile.png

naw they are all adorable Renee!! Merlin is such a cutie! and those puppies are so gorgeous!! can't wait to see Merlin and Odette's little man (thought of a name yet?) playing
default_smile.png
so cute!

Have a good night sleep Renee
default_smile.png
:) Finally you will be able to
default_smile.png
you deserve it
default_smile.png

Hmmm I thought this posted this morning but I guess not!!!
default_doh.gif
Oh well I will try again...

What a sneaky girl! I checked in on her before I went to bed but she was mostly keeping hidden and I did not see a foal at all... Now I am wondering if she had already had him and he was simply not visible to me!!!
default_thud.gif

I have got to admit that I always end up wanting a filly.... BUT.... I have so much fun with my little boys. They just seem so much more little clowns and trouble makers, they simply make me laugh!!

I hope you have lots of fun and laughs with your two boys. Congrats

Odette!! You over-baked the filly and made a him!! Shame on you!! BUT... I am so glad that a healthy lil guy was delivered and all is well. I am betting he is a blue roan like his mom!!
default_yes.gif
I can not wait to see more pictures as he unfolds.

Merlin is adorable! He has such a great personality! Those puppies.... are beyond cute!! I love the Weims!!!

ok girls, you have to help me find a name or else he will be called "ugly" ROFL (I want the smileys back!) He was very alert and playful this morning and Odette was having a heart attack as he galloped all over the place
default_smile.png
They are still outside alone as I want them to bond well and Odette to calm down a little, she is so protective and I was worried she might kick Merlin as he is bound to go over and investigate the new kid in the class
default_smile.png

Merlin got moved onto shavings last night as I needed the straw stable for Ugly, well he got a bit in his eye so I washed it out with water but oh my! what a drama! I think he was convinced he was about to die and even played the lay down and pretend your dead card ROFL This lil guy is just a scream.

ok girls, you have to help me find a name or else he will be called "ugly" ROFL (I want the smileys back!) He was very alert and playful this morning and Odette was having a heart attack as he galloped all over the place
default_smile.png
They are still outside alone as I want them to bond well and Odette to calm down a little, she is so protective and I was worried she might kick Merlin as he is bound to go over and investigate the new kid in the class
default_smile.png

Merlin got moved onto shavings last night as I needed the straw stable for Ugly, well he got a bit in his eye so I washed it out with water but oh my! what a drama! I think he was convinced he was about to die and even played the lay down and pretend your dead card ROFL This lil guy is just a scream.
haha naw little Merlin! he is so cute!! hmm name for your new little kid! what about Tom? tommy? Riley? Bert? Drew? Monkey LOL Alex? lol ummm iCna't think ofany else at the moment lol but if I do I'll let you know....

oh n with the pics,
default_whistling.gif
I have them back on my work computer but not on my home computer...
default_thumbdown.gif
very strange and annoying... hoping they fix them all soon!
default_please.gif

LOL!! I think you are going to have a lot of 'fun' with Merlin in the future Renee as each new drama situation arises!!

As for a name for your new little man - and NO WAY is he ugly - how about something that ties in with Merlin from the Camalot stories or from the Harry Potter films?

And we need some new pictures of him please when you get the time.
default_yes.gif

Good idea Anna!

Some of the Camelot names can get a bit out there (I should know... I use them on the cats
default_new_rofl.gif
) so I'm voting for something from the Potter series
default_thumbup.gif

Gryffindor, Gryf for short!

Hufflepuff, Huff for short

Philospher's Stone, Flamel for short (that was the wizard who had the stone)

Tonks (can't work out a show name for this but it's cute)

The Quibbler

The Seeker

I'm A Wizard, Wizard for short

I think I've outed myself as a bit of a fan
default_new_rofl.gif
Let me know if you want more, I'll put my even bigger geek of a cousin onto it!

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading MS board...

I was watching Eagle I assume? I saw you post that you were putting her under camera that night, I later turned on camera. I did not see a belly band type wrap which I assumed Eagle would be wearing. Wow it seems the others all knew what was up and I was just thinking that she didnt look very pregnant. So I guess I shouldnt feel too guilty for looking in and not realizing there was a little one at Odettes side. Oh well I have watched all sorts of critters on these cams so a stallion is no biggie, the fact that I was trying to watch for signs of impending birth...
default_new_rofl.gif

Sorry Jackie that I haven't updated properly, my life is a mess right now
default_sad.png

Thank goodness the births are all over and everyone is healthy:)

Eagle is at home cos he was getting a bit hot in his pants ROFL and there will be no hanky panky for him this year.

Latest posts

Back