Odette *colt*, Britt *colt*.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend that lives behind me had an open day for kids, I bumped into her last week at the supermarket and she invited us. Her 2 boys have grown out of their ponies so she shares them with other kids. I am so lucky cos she is just up the road, as I have the feeling Alby will want to go often.
default_smile.png

Aww bless him, he really looks so very happy! The ponies look great too Renee, just the type you need for the kiddies - and yes, I'm sure Alby will soon be pestering you to let him go riding again.
default_yes.gif

Renee, I saw this last night but got tied up doing something and couldn't post. Alby looks so proud and hapy to be up there..and what a darling little riding pony. The video was cute and I took a few minutes to review your other videos...all those puppies..how'd you ever manage it!!! I think your boys are so lucky to grow up in a family that loves animals!!

I noticed Alby even had on real riding britches and boots.....I don't think I got any until I was ten....and they were hand me downs LOL!!!

lol Yeah Heidi he loves his breeches and would wear them every day if he could, as long as that meant going to see the horses. lol

awww I love that video and those pics Renee! Alby looks like he LOVES riding. makes me want to go home and jump on Smartie!! (pity it will be pitch black by the time I get home
default_sad.png
) lol what a beauty the little black one is! gorgeous Alby must love it. and I'm sure you are loving it all Renee
default_smile.png
having Alby get into riding thats great! :D

how have you been going by the way? I hope everything is starting to settle down now. I have seen you talking about working, where have you been working at?
default_smile.png

how is precious Bicky?

Thanks Cassie, I teach English to adults in the evenings on Tuesday and Thursday but this week is the last lessons for the school year, I also do translations both written and simultaneous translations.
Bicky is o.k but we will know more after her tests on Thursday.
Alby and I went shopping yesterday and bought a new friend
default_smile.png

26 may 2013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You better get a better picture.....because I can't quite make out what it even is! LOL Just something black and furry!

Well that picture is no help Renee - looks like a black furry hat??????????????

Sorry I tried but she is just a fluffy blob. Lol she is so sweet and loves cuddles
default_smile.png
any rabbit experts want to tell me if she has any special needs?

I have her in a cage in the house but I let her run around when I am here. She has hay, green leaves ( dandelion, parsley and chicory) carrots and a small amount of rabbit food. I wasn't sure if she would drink from a bottle or a bowl so for now she has both.

I will try for pics again in the morning.

Night all

Have I ever mentioned I used to breed mini lop rabbits? You've come to the right place!!
default_new_rofl.gif

I used to joke that rabbits are downsized horses, so you're going to do fine
default_wink.png

If you like I can dig around for the old care sheet I used to give bunny buyers, my mentor wrote it over about 20 years and it's very thorough, has great lists of safe foods.

But the basics are:
Diet: Well rounded with hay or grass, a selection of greens supplied daily, a small amount of premix or pelleted rabbit food is a good all rounder if wanted. Untreated fruit wood can be a great nibble and is good for teeth. Good diets make good teeth, a lot of the teeth problems come from bad diets of just soft foods as it won't wear them down as they grow.

Home: You can toilet train these guys! They like to go on their hay so if you supply it in a big toilet tray and clean it out daily or twice daily you will cut down on hutch mess. I used to feed it in the toilet tray and in a hay rack above it so there was always clean stuff available.

Water: Mien all drank from bowls, it's messier but I liked them better in our hot weather as a ceramic bowl won't heat up the water. You can train them over to the bottle but will need to keep some water in a bowl while you are doing so.

Claws: Since our bunnies don't get the chance to dig like the would in the wild you may need to trim her claws back every now and again, this is like trimming cat or dog claws. Start teaching her to sit on her back and have her feet played with.

Oh what a gorgeous little cutie!! I'm sure you and Alby are going to have great fun with her. Just be a little bit careful with dandelions - too many are not good for them. It will be great if Bree can send you a copy of that care list, you will find it a great help I'm sure!

Funny you should mention hay Bree, our bunnies never pooped or peed on their hay piles - they used to burrow into them to sleep!! Some did keep to one place in the cages for their toilet, others just spread it everywhere. LOL!!

And yes you do need to get her used to laying on her back Renee - gather her up wth her head near your chin and her bottom near your waist (not in your arms as you would normally carry her) and with you sitting down, gently put one hand behind her head supporting it and the other cupped round her bottom and slowly tip her backwards to settle her down in the grove between your legs on your lap. Most will just stay there happily relaxed and you can then handle her feet/clip her claws when needed etc. Never try to turn her over sideways to get her on her back - it scares them as they have no support! Hope you can understand this? Think about how you would transfer a new born human baby from up over your shoulder down onto a bed/flat surface (I'm sure you can remember!!)

And lots more pics are required!!
default_yes.gif

Great, thanks for that Anna, yes I understood perfectly about holding her
default_yes.gif
She is such a sweet heart and loves being cuddled
default_smile.png
She also loves to charge around the house.
default_whistling.gif
Rabbit poop everywhere. lol

OMG!! She's absolutely adorable Renee!! I have NO experience with bunnies -- we had one once for 2 days when the kids were VERY young, and Dr. Katy sprayed it with flea spray thinking she was doing a good thing to protect it from fleas in the yard or from our dogs -- and it killed it! OMG, she felt so terrible.

What a delightful pet -- at least bunny poop is sweepable!

OMG Diane, Katy must have felt terrible
default_doh.gif
( note to myself, do not deflee bunny)

To say the least! OMG -- she's never forgotten it, and brings it up when she see the bunnies out at Easter time......"Mom, remember the little bunny I had once.......?"

Latest posts

Back