Odette *colt*, Britt *colt*.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is midnight here and I just went down to check her, milk hasn't dropped yet but she hasn't laid down so maybe she is getting close
default_smile.png
I will take Britt and Merlin down to the stables over the weekend and bring Odette home, I just hope she will be ok alone. What do you think about Eagle keeping her company if she won't settle? Eagle could have the stable and she could foal out in the small paddock, she likes to foal outside anyway. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sandy, i gave him a very small warm water enema 2 days ago and he immediately delivered a large amount of very smelly poop then today he was straining again so I repeated it with just 1cc of warm water and he pooped some very firm lumps
default_sad.png
I want to take him down to the main barn but I need him to be 100% cos I can't watch him all day down there.

Like your foal he eats grass, hay and Britt's dinner, I hope he gets settled soon.

You know, we are having the same issue with the last foal born. He was straining one night & tail swishing, that I got up and gave him a warm water/mineral oil enema and he shot out "bullets" afterwards. He was so much happier for a couple days afterwards and had much normal poops. I saw him poop again yesterday and it was pretty hard again. They are out with the herd full time now so I am just watching him. I think the problem with this guy is that he is already eating or trying to eat his moms food and has been since he was a couple days old. You might try an enema and/or a little milk of magnesia.

Odette looks great!! I can't wait to see her blue roan baby!!!

Sounds like Odette is geting everything ready for this little one. Can't wait to see her little blue roan running around.

Maybe Merlin will get everything sorted pretty soon. He is such a little cutie.

Renee, if Odette is likely to stress if she's at the house on her own, then I think bringing Eagle back to keep her company is a great idea. Will you still be able to have her on cam if she is out in the small paddock - will we be able to 'watch' her to give you time to get some sleep? Hopefully she wont keep you waiting too long before she foals.
default_yes.gif

I could put Odette in the small area that Britt and Merlin are in during the day and close Eagle in the stable. He is only aloud out a couple of times a day anyway.

Odette is looking good this morning but milk is still at 6.8

26 may 2012 (341) 001.jpg

26 may 2012 (341) 002.jpg

26 may 2012 (341) 003.jpg

oh Odette you are so close! I think Eagle being her support system is a good idea as long as she likes him. ;)

Boy from the back she really looks like shes slimming right down...Ive got to think shes only days away. and this little one sure cant complain about the lack of milk!

She really looks good Renee

Pretty girl! Is she appy?
No Bonny she is a blue roan but she looks real funny when she is shedding
default_yes.gif

O.K so I took Britt and Merlin home as I felt sorry for Britt here all alone and Odette was really missing her. I am hoping she will get jealous and have her own baby
default_whistling.gif
I will keep a close eye on Odette and bring her home when she looks close but for now they can enjoy each others company and I can have a rest from running backwards and forwards.
default_thumbup.gif

I have switched the cam off for a rest.

Thank you all so very much for all the help and support you have given me, you have no idea how much you all mean to me.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Britt has a baby
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
and a very cute one too if I may say so
default_new_rofl.gif
oh and he looks brown to me so maybe he will be chocolate like mummy
default_thumbup.gif

Come on Odette, we want to see your blue baby!
default_yes.gif

I hope so Andrea cos Merlin needs a friend
default_smile.png
her udder was really hard tonight but she is still testing 6.8
default_sad.png

Sounds like Odette is good to go Renee, hoping for a safe little healthy gorgeous blue roan filly for you really soon (I'm not asking for to much am I? no of course not LOL)

Let see if she holds out til the 31st or wants to bless us with a baby within the next 3 days
default_thumbup.gif

I will put her under cam in the morning, I just needed a few days off from running backwards and forwards.

Latest posts

Back