Odette *colt*, Britt *colt*.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No stopping me now!! Here is what our dell looks like right now - a mass of bluebells, both on the steep slope and covering the 'basin' at the bottom.

may-20 046.jpg

may-20 054.jpg

OK all for now - will get some more of the preggy ladies tomorrow.
default_yes.gif

Anna, How beautiful. I would love to be able to post pics like those. I am so envious of such gorgeous surroundings.

Oh my goodness the first little one is got to be very uncomfortable. Nutty looks great.

Anna I just love your place
default_smile.png

Renee you have a sea of puppies!
default_new_rofl.gif

Anna, thanks for the pics! they are gorgeous!! those bluebells are so lovely! what a beautiful property you have!

she is massive! oh my goodness!! crazy tuff! talk about wide load! lol

p.s are you going to start your own thread for your lovely ladies??

Eagle pushing! Too funny. Odette, don't let him steal your thunder.

All is well this morning
default_smile.png
Eagle is still having a strop about being here.

Odette is still testing 6.8 but her udder seems bigger this morning. What do you all think?

30 May (345).JPG

Yippeeeeeeeee Anna you did it
default_smile.png
and what wonderful photos. Your fields looks hypnotizing
default_smile.png
Is that wide load Nokomis? The girls look VERY healthy.

Cassie she will be on cam when she is close to foaling.

hi Renee, I see you
default_smile.png
naw Eagle loves you so much following you around everywhere hehe, he's cross now that you have left him LOL he has such a lovely trot hehe.

yay, can't wait to see the lovely Odette
default_smile.png
I love Eagle's white patch hehe so cute! give him a hug and a kiss for me
default_smile.png

Eagle is looking great Renee!
default_thumbup.gif
Regarding Odette - you say that you will put her under cam when she gets close to foaling? So what stage is she at now then, in your opinion?? LOL!! (or do you have inside information?)

Sorry I forgot to name the first preggy girl in my pics - yes Renee, it is Narcotics (Nokomis - Nutty's 17 year old daughter). Cant remember who posted here that she must be feeling a bit uncomfortable, but rest assured she's not! She always looks like this when carrying and this afternoon, when I was over at Cathy's visiting, she decided to have a mad racing stint, stirring everyone else up including the young heifers who are now in with the girls eating off the excess grass! Cathy and I were yelling at her to think of her baby and telling her that Spotbum would not be pleased to know how she was treating his long awaited child LOL!!

Anna Odette is close but not ready (or at least I don't think she is) her milk is going up and down from 6.8 to 7.2 then 6.8 etc I don't think she will be long though and todsy she was being very clingy and kept talking to me silly girl
default_smile.png
she followed me round like a puppy all day and wanted to go in her stable which isn't normal for her. Britt so needed to be out with her friend and Merlin needed to learn some manners as he wasn't following much, now he sticks to mum like glue. Lol so that's why I want to wait until Odette is ready before taking her away. Eagle is settling down too so he should be nice and quiet by the time she comes here.

I got told off by the vet today cos I took Eagles bandage off as it was dirty and smelly. Ooops he will be in this area next Tuesday so unless there are problems before he will come then. I hope I don't have to get him before cos the hour and half drive here makes it expensive.

Your story about Narcotics made me chuckle, some girls get huge and are still active, Britt still galloped until the day before foaling but then she is such a happy bunny
default_smile.png

I know you are much more aware of Odette's ways and character than I am Renee, so I hope you wont mind me adding this little 'friendly' about something that happened to me when I first started breeding minis. Had a mare (she was a maiden), a normal friendly mare, who was at least two weeks away from foaling - half a bag and not dropped. One day she was over friendly, following me around all the time I was there, in and out of the barn and the field, wanting me to stop and fuss her, which I did, innocently enjoying some special time with her. That night she foaled, foal got stuck and mare lost the use of her back end with damaged nerves. Lost them both, so very sad as she was such a sweety. From that day to this I am always on the watch for the slightest change from normal behaviour in any of my girls.

I'm sure that with Odette you are right and she has a little while to go yet, anyway she is not a maiden mare and there is no reason to suppose that she would have difficulty in foaling, but I often worry when I hear others on here say that they have enjoyed a day of 'special' loving from one of their pregnant mares.
default_yes.gif

All is well this morning. I understand your worries Anna ans Diane but I am just trying to do what is best for the girls. Odette has never foaled in the stable yet she always waits until she is outside so I am fairly safe there plus her milk is way too high. I am testing her milk 4 times a day. The only time I can't be with her is from 6.30am until about 9.30am cos I am with Alberto but her field is next to our factory and I have told the guys that work outside to keep an eye on here. What do you think about her udder?

31 May.JPG

She's looking good Renee, I see a little more increase, but you are right, her udder says that she's not quite ready yet. Also, from what you have told us about Odette, I think I would be following the same plan as you if she was my mare - so important to keep her happy and unstressed on run up to foaling.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back