Odd Foods or Strange Combinations You Like To Eat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
So... what are some of the strange things you like to eat? Either unusual or exotic foods, or just "weird" combinations?

Things I like to eat and don't have to worry about anyone asking me to share include:

• Mandarin oranges with a little bit of ranch dressing
  • Melty vanilla ice-cream with salt on it (one of the few things I ever salt!)
  • Peanut butter, miracle whip and banana sandwiches
  • A "family favorite" (my mom ate it when she was pregnant with me and still likes it today) -- Ketchup Macaroni which is cooked elbow macaroni, ketchup, smart balance "butter" and splenda (a healthier version than back in the day -- as if this is health food)
  • Tablespoon or so of bacon bits as a snack. Not the real ones, got to be the fake ones

Then there are some perfectly normal and good foods that turn my stomach if I think too hard. I cannot eat unpeeled shrimp or lobster in the shell. The legs, segmented bodies, etc., just makes me think of insects and I can't do it. If they're pealed / shelled, then YUM, but not otherwise.

What about you? Do you have weird cravings or strange foods that you enjoy?
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My kids make fun of me all the time cause one of my favorites is:

peanut butter and mayonase sandwich.

I also like to make jams & jellies, and like to eat rice chex ceral with a tablespoon of strawberry jam mixed in.

I can't eat soft shelled crabs, cause I don't like shells in my mouth, and I live in crab country.

All in all, I have to say no - I am one of those that doesnt like my food touching, LOL

Oh Jill, I love elbow macaroni with ketchup.
default_biggrin.png

also like.......

•  
  • mashed potatoes with corn on top
  • I make a wrap sandwich with shrimp, cheese and corn (kind of a weird combo)
  • I love ranch and french for salad dressing
  • ketchup on scrambled eggs (Oh heck, ketchup makes everything better)
  • french fries dipped in vanilla ice cream

I didn't even know you can eat mashed potatoes w/o mixing in corn and all my eggs get ketchup.,. It's not just for macaroni
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

I also love mashed potatos with corn!

My favorite food is spinach and rice. I would eat it for every meal if I could. My grandmother makes it-cooks a roast and then cooks/browns the rice in the roast juices. Then she heats up frozen spinach and mixes it with the rice. I put soy sauce on it and mmmmmm so good! Everyone thinks it sounds awful when I describe it though.

I also love to put gravy on everything. Gravy makes everything better.

Soy sauce on broccoli-fresh or cooked

Plain peanut butter sandwiches

My favorite food is spinach and rice. I would eat it for every meal if I could. My grandmother makes it-cooks a roast and then cooks/browns the rice in the roast juices. Then she heats up frozen spinach and mixes it with the rice. I put soy sauce on it and mmmmmm so good! Everyone thinks it sounds awful when I describe it though.
I think that sounds good and I'll be trying it!!! I love spinach (raw and cooked) and I love rice. I bet it would kick a** with a side of Mandarin oranges w/ a little ranch dressing
default_eat.gif

I forgot another real good thing to eat -- frozen peas that are cooked / heated with a little miracle whip and also lime jello made with sprite & apple sauce topped w/ miracle whip.

And, no, I am not under contract with Kraft to promote the use of Miracle Whip, Ranch Dressing and Ketchup
default_biggrin.png
... but I know, though you all may deny it, you are just dying to try these concoctions
default_laugh.png

I must get this from my mom. She eats a lot of weird things, but too many of hers involve anchovies
default_smileypuke.gif

Peanut butter as one of the condiments on hamburgers. Seriously good.

My mom used to love to spread sour cream on a slice of fresh bread and then sprinkle brown sugar all over it.

Cream cheese and ginger slices on rice crackers.

When I was little I loved Sandwich Spread sandwiches. No meat. Nothing except Sandwich Spread.

OT519678S.jpg

Peanut butter as one of the condiments on hamburgers. Seriously good.
Gotta try that.

I like peanut butter (extra crunchy) with most anything. Goes well with hot dogs, bologna, tuna fish salad sandwiches. You get the picture. :) Also, add sliced cheddar cheese.

interesting food choices
default_wacko.png
One of my husbands favorite breakfasts is toast with peanut butter topped with a fried egg, (ewwww...I do not care for toast, pnut butter OR eggs)The weirdest thing I like is syrup on my ham (or eggs on the rare times I eat one) and ummm...canned sardines oh and I also like mashed potatoes and corn - creamed corn only tho :)French fries with cheese (mozzarella or cheese curd) and gravy, of course this is called poutine and our French Canadian compatriots get the credit.

ketchup on my black eye peas and in my girts and eggs. mayo in my rice. The list could go on

Peanutbutter, mayo, and lettuce sandwiches....

Rice Vinegar sprinkled on brussel sprouts and on spinach.

All in all, I have to say no - I am one of those that doesnt like my food touching, LOL
LOL me neither. If I could, I would eat off of a sectioned plate. I like my food rather plain and not mixed together. I used to eat one thing at a time, but eventually grew out of that. But I do enjoy saving the last bite as my favorite food so that is what I remember last.
default_wink.png

Favorite part of Thanksgiving. Turky, potatoes, corn, dressing, gravy ALL mixed up.

Lays potatoe chips with mustard.

YUM! But you gotta have a little cranberry sauce on each forkful to really make it rock
default_yes.gif

Potato chips(I like Lays also!!) and ice cold, homemade, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting...... milk chocolate flavor... yummm
default_wub.png

I'm also one to save "the best bite" for last!!! LOL!!

Got topic!

I used to eat cherrios with butter melted on them, we all did when we were kids.

I like mashed potatoes with corn.

Any kind of greens cooked.

I will eat or try anything.
default_yes.gif

All seafood and shell fish, including oysters on the half shell.

Cow or any kind of animal balls...mmm

deep fried pickles with jalapenos...mmm

Yummy Blessings,

Jenny

potato chips smashed up in ice cream!!! mmmm delicious... also peanut butter and bologna or ham sandwiches! Peanut butter and bananna sandwiches! I think those are my only ones..

Yum!

Cantelope slices with black pepper

Grits with pickle relish

Onion sandwiches

Apple slices sprinkled with chili powder or garlic salt

On the other hand, I have never liked peanut butter. It is so sticky and overpowering. I also cannot eat avocados. I don't know whether it is the sick color of green or the greasy taste, but I can't do it.

OhMyGosh....

I should have watied till after a normal dinner to read these.

I may not even eat dinner now LOL

Ketchup nor peanut butter never touch my mouth.

I am the pickiest eater in the world..I'd also prefer

my foods not to touch.

I eat lots of things just not in unusual combinations.
default_eat.gif

Back