Sounds Gross / Tastes Good

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a kid I used to eat Lettuce & Miracle whip sandwiches with a little sugar sprinkled on it.

I also like scrambled eggs and ketchup sandwiches on bread.
default_smile.png

Believe it or not, bologna and cream cheese. You spread the cream cheese on a bologna slice then roll it up and cut it into little sections. They make great swirly snacks for children, I used to call them Scoobie Snacks and pretend they gave me superpowers as I'd zoom up and down the stairs once for each piece I ate.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Leia

Oh, Leia, yours reminded me of something I used to eat when I was little (and would probably still eat)... Another thing my mom used to make -- bologna and grape jelly sandwiches. You got me thinking they may be even better with some cream cheese!

When we were kids, our mom used to make a huge dish of whipped cream, real stuff skimmed off of the top of our one Jersey cows milk. Then we'd have slices of home made bread and hot chocolate and smother both with the whipped cream

She also would take a slice of bread and rip a whole in the middle about 2 inches, butter both sides and put it in the frying pan and drop an egg on top so the yolk falls into the hole, let it spred across the bread and fry both sides. I still do this myself.

I know we had alot of other odd stuff but can't recall, huge family, poor people, eat different and it was back in the 40's-50's, any concoction appreciated.

Oh, and Jill, we ate alot of Macoroni and catsup, in fact, I think we put catsup on alot of things, mashed potatoes, rice.

For my kids, I don't know why we called it cheese rabbit but we did. We'd take a can of Campballs Cheese soup, and those dry chow mein noodles. Heat the soup with a little milk and pour some thick soup on top of our noodles. Sometimes add Tuna too it too. Oh, now I remember, my mom did this but we put the cheese rabbit on toast.

We also ate alot of peanut butter or p/b jelly sandwiches but we fried them, I still do this too.

If I think of more, I'll ad to this. It's been fun reading this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute post--My odd sandwiches that I love would be cream cheese and grape jelly on white bread, or whipped marshmello cream and pnut butter on white--Ohhh, now I'm hungry! Corinne

I do that egg-in-toast thing - I call it toad-in-a-hole. I use a glass to cut out a big hole in the buttered bread, then crack the egg into the middle and fry both sides. Sometimes I top with cheese.

I love Susanne's english muffin/neufchatel/jam thing, last time we were in the states as a family we ate a lot of neufchatel cheese. I've never been able to find it here at home though, but I do love it on toast, bagels etc. with jam!

Robin you and I must somehow be related because my throat and stomach have the same agreement. I've been very embarrissed a few times because I have been at someone's house and either started gaging at the table or just barely made it to the bathroom. :new_shocked:

My hubby says I'm TOO picky. He'll eat anything if it doesn't eat him first! :bgrin

Forgot one: Potato salad sandwich. When it is first made and still hot slap it between two slices of bread YUMMY. When I was first married my husband thought I was nuts!!!!

Carlene

I do that egg-in-toast thing - I call it toad-in-a-hole. I use a glass to cut out a big hole in the buttered bread, then crack the egg into the middle and fry both sides. Sometimes I top with cheese.
My mum made something called Toad in the hole, that she used to make in England. If I remember rightly (was a long long time ago) it was something like a Yorkshire pudding batter, poured into a baking dish over sausages that had already been cooked till they were nice and brown and crispy on the outside. It was lovely!

[SIZE=12pt]Ham and peanut butter sandwiches, black olive and cream cheese sandwiches[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back