Sounds Gross / Tastes Good

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: Jill, you are right....... :lol: I put Splenda in everything!.......well almost everything!

Scrambled egg & kitchup sandwiches!! My sister-in-law almost died when my brother admitted his craving for one, but its a great comfort food!

But even a family that like those cringed when I created my bologne and honey sandwich. I can't have it nowadays, but it tastes a lot like honey-baked ham.

This one isn't too strange, but monterey jack cheese on raisin-cinnamon English muffins...

I love to eat liverwurst straight out of the package...

...and does anyone else eat tongue? Yum! Once, my sister used my mom's big pot to tie-dye some clothes and didn't get all the dye out. It didn't show up on the black pot, but my mom boiled tongue for dinner that night...we ate BLUE tongue!

Funny that I mention thhese, as we eat very little meat. I limit my red meat to that which will truly kill you...

Oh Oh Oh....frech fries dipped in Tartar Sauce!! Nummy!!!! Oh those are sooooo good!! That comes from the pre-ranch days.

...and does anyone else eat tongue? Yum! Once, my sister used my mom's big pot to tie-dye some clothes and didn't get all the dye out. It didn't show up on the black pot, but my mom boiled tongue for dinner that night...we ate BLUE tongue!
I am turning green just thinking about it! My mum used to say tongue was good too, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to try it. I have watched the cows stick them up their nostrils, and just looking at all those taste buds.... :smileypuke:

Bleah. I dunno, but very little of this sounds appetizing or anything!

Potluck, anyone?

default_rolleyes.gif
:

Liz M.

My hubby does Oreos topped with spray-can cheese... HAS to be Easy Cheese, nothing else works.

.... I can't think of anything weird I eat. Maybe sourdough toast dipped in hot cocoa? ROFL

I adore turkey skin on Thanksgiving and Christmas >.>

I have strange eating habits and preferences...........I love eating chef salad with my fingers and dipping the assorted parts in ranch

p-nut butter/jam/cheese on toasted bread

p-nut butter and sweet onion

cucumber or radish and butter sanwiches...

macaroni and cheese with corn mixed together

mashed potatoes with corn mixed together and topped with mayo or gravy

pickled veggies

and the one that revolts many

I love drinking fresh apple cider vinegar......straight up......or with hot water and a blop of honey........yummmm

ok i don't think i will be hiring any of you to cook for me :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

the weirdest thing i eat i guess is grilled cheese sandwiches with jelly on, and my grandpa got us hooked on peanut butter and syrup on pancakes or waffles which gets lots of funny looks from people but it's so yummy warm and melted on the pancakes or waffles...... in fact i can't hardly stand to eat cold peanut butter any more, it's just too sticky!
that isnt weird that is the only way I have ever eaten pancakes or waffles...my whole family always did that parents, grandparents etc.......my hubby thinks it is strange.....

but what is strange is him putting peanut butter on ham...ewwwwwww.....so gross ...he also likes cake shakes where he takes a piece of cake with frosting crams it in a glass add's milk and stirs into a nasty glass of yuck.............oh and he mixes eggs with tuna ...that is every kind of wrong my hubby's got gross food down to an art :smileypuke:

OH yeah, chicken and turkey skin, but only right after roasting. Leftover is no good. We went to Paul and Libby Rosen's (Mistyrose) for Thanksgiving and I noticed Paul setting the skin aside with the stuff he was saving for the dogs :new_shocked: ! OH NO!! So I told him about our family remembering a former uncle by marriage who skinned the turkey and threw out the skin! Heresy in my family, and they never forgot. Paul very carefully made sure that there was skin just for me! YES! Fresh, crispy skin with salt on it.

Another favorite is green onions that you dip in salt, oh yeah, both are just so great for my high blood pressure! :lol:

Bleah. I dunno, but very little of this sounds appetizing or anything!

Potluck, anyone?

default_rolleyes.gif
:

Liz M.

I'm with Liz on this one.... :smileypuke: (except the fries with tartar sauce...I do like that!)...everything else....bleagh!!!!!!!! (And, no, I am not a picky eater...I like almost everything you've mentioned...just not mixed together...lol)

I have a good one to add here that i do all the time. what you do is make tawco meat and make smashed patatoes and then bombine them together. its good for kids who hate patatoes or tawco meat. it gives that patatoes a nice flar of taste and its always good.

Well, at the moment, I am indulging in a breakfast snack of cheetos dipped in warm peanut butter. The first of the year needs to come on and get here because I'm going to need to do a New Year's resolution about eating more healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

French Fries with WhipCream! This was my lunch a few times a week in high school! Mix it with a blueraspberry slushie and its even better :bgrin

I also eat ketchup (and sometimes mustard mixed) on hotdogs. My parents were brought up with ketchup on hotdogs being gross.

And Im sure that there are plenty of other weird food combinations that I eat, but I cant think of them at the moment.

love drinking fresh apple cider vinegar......straight up......or with hot water and a blop of honey........For those of you that don't know, this is suppose to help alleviate arthritis sufferers & lots of other health benefits...............You know the jars of hot pickled sausages - after they are gone I remember drinking the juice that was left - burns all the way down.... :eek: ........................ Back in the Kentucky hills where I was born we use to pick a low ground growing plant called tangle guts. Heat up hot salted pork fat & pour over those to make something simliar to "killed lettuce" ( what country folks still eat today).............................. Speaking of cooked tongue I use to love to eat pickled pigs feet straight from the jar........... When I debone a cooked chicken even now I eat the grisle (sp) part from the end of the bones..................... I still love a big chunk of hot corn bread covered with butter milk with lots of fresh ground pepper on top. uummmmmm

The only thing I do that makes people think I'm weird is I like to dip my french fries in a milkshake!

I do that too!! Has to be a strawberry milkshake and fries from McDonald's. Also really like their chicken nuggets dunked in the milkshake...which is what I had for supper last night!!

I'm a very picky eater (I don't eat vegetables at all!!) but some of the things I come up with!! I can only eat eggs with homemade strawberry jam on top (has to have been made by me or my Mom!). There are probably more things that I won't eat than will!!

Ooooh yummm...turkey and chicken skin don't belong on a STRANGE food list...they're heaven on earth!!! But I like them cold, too. Keith has healthier tastes than I do, so I just have to clean the skin, fat and gristle off his plate...

Baby carrots dipped in peanut butter. Yum!

French fries dipped in real mayonnaise is really good.

I like crisp skin from chicken or turkey, too - hot or leftover!

Any kind of fruit is generally great with cheese of some kind - apple pie is great with cheddar or mozza!

Love p-nut butter and banana sandwiches...no mayo please!

Also popcorn dipped in chocolate ice cream! YUM!!!

Rice & beans mixed in with ketchup.

A Ruffles potato chip and Hellman's Sandwich Spread sandwich with milk. But has to be those specific brands...no substitutes.

And my cold winter favorite. A mug of hot chocolate, loads of Vanilla wafers crumbled and sogged in it...then add some cheese....cheddar is my preference...omg warm and melted ...YUMMY!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Here's a slightly odd, decadent, yet healthy one:

English muffin with neufchatel cheese and no-sugar jam...um um good!

I have an interesting situation, my throat and stomache have an agreement. My throat won't allow anything to go down that it thinks the stomache might send back up. :new_shocked:

I was at a friends house helping out with horsie paperwork and he was making a sandwich, I wasn't paying attention. He said, "here try this." I bit and my throat closed and said, "I aint a swallerin that!" It was a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwith. :smileypuke:

Robin

Latest posts

Back