Sounds Gross / Tastes Great

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okey dokey - I must admit none of these combinations have ever crossed my mind! Give me fresh pasta, roma tomatoes and some fresh basil and I am just plain happy!
default_laugh.png

Liz R.

I am one of those people, if a dish has more than 4 ingredients in it, I don't wanna try it. Gosh, ya'll eat some funky stuff. Remind me to always ask what's for dinner before I accept the invitation from ya'll!!! LOL Except I could probably eat at Boss Mares house, we are alike....

Shopping List

(after reading this topic)

Large Peanut Butter

Old Bay Seasoning--do they sell it in Ohio?

Lots of kidney beans

50 pounds of horse feed

Plenty of macaroni

2 pounds of Philly

10 pounds of butter

3 bananas

OK...did I leave out anything important?

I always have ketsup and mustard on hand-horseradish too.

Dip for chips, mix equal parts mayon and ketchup...yum

Corn chips(BBQ flavour) and vanilla ice cream

Brown sugar and sour cream mixed and then dip fruit into it, specially grapes...mmmm

There are some interesting food tastes on here, maybe I'll be brave enough to try some
default_biggrin.png

already mentioned: peanut butter, bannana, and maynoise (not miracle whip though...must be hellmans)

We have fries in all our salads for instance: steak, chicken salads have fries in them...that's a Pittsburgh thing...where I'm originally from.

Fries we dip in ranch and redhot mixed up...never ketchup...that's gross!

Hubby does put ketchup on all eggs, no matter how it's made...I usually do redhot on most of my eggs.

Another thing I thought of....coleslaw and fries on your sandwich...that too is a Pittsburgh thing. I have noticed a restaraunt in Detroit is doing it now, but it all started years ago in Pittsburgh. You have your turkey or ham sandwhich and also on it is fries and coleslaw, usually on a thick bread, like sourdough. Pamaniti Bros (sp?) is the restaraunt where it all started in Pittsburgh. We don't make that too often though, it's hard to eat and very sloppy, but tastes great!

Another one I thought of that is a Pittsburgh thing...egg noodles with cottage cheese and spices.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the looks of this I would say we have a whole lot of "Expectant mothers" on our forum LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

Shopping List

(after reading this topic)

Large Peanut Butter

Old Bay Seasoning--do they sell it in Ohio?

Lots of kidney beans

50 pounds of horse feed

Plenty of macaroni

2 pounds of Philly

10 pounds of butter

3 bananas

OK...did I leave out anything important?

I always have ketsup and mustard on hand-horseradish too.
default_new_rofl.gif
Too funny..........you just need to make sure the 50# of horse feed is sweet feed. You want those CHUNKS of molasses!
yuck.gif
Yep, I also agree.....seems like we have a lot of expectant mothers around here!

P-nut butter and banana sandwich...bread HAS to be white...not Italian or wheat or grain...just plain 'ol white.

Sandwish Spread on bread (here again only white bread will do) then add layers of Ruffles potato chips and a tall cold glass of milk.

My all time favorite....creamy peanut butter and syrup mixed together at room temp or frigerated!!!!!HUUUMMMMM, HUUUMMMMM! And a glass of COLD milk!!!! It just don't get any better than that!!! The horses LOVE it too!!!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

I have to tell you about a dish my Dad made when we were little...'slopjopalabonja' (slop, jop...ala..bon...ja) ...long A on the end there! LOL

He was a cook in the Army during WWII for a period of time. He'd put a can of pork n' beans (I use the vegetarian ones).....heat it in a skillet then toss in a couple eggs....cook till the eggs are done. It is SOOOOO good. Tim cant stand to look at it when I eat it...so I try to enjoy it when he's traveling..LOL

Its a little sweet cause of the sauce in the pork n beans...full of protein...low in fat.

When we were little...didnt have alot of money for snacks...so we thought bread/butter with brown sugar on it was a good treat when didnt have anything else sweet.

Carin, you and I are going to have to sit down to a plate of craw dads! Wondering if you know what your pinky is for?
default_smile.png

Peanut butter on hamburgers - along with all the other fixings. Soooooooo good!
default_yes.gif

OH - and sour cream and brown sugar on a slice of bread!

I am one of those people, if a dish has more than 4 ingredients in it, I don't wanna try it. Gosh, ya'll eat some funky stuff. Remind me to always ask what's for dinner before I accept the invitation from ya'll!!! LOL Except I could probably eat at Boss Mares house, we are alike....
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Some of these things, I'm going to give a try -- others of these things, not so much
eat.gif

Very interesting responses!!! This has been fun to read through
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back