New Video page 32! - Happy Appy Acres

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG Tina - I'm so very sorry, what a shock! Did she not recover from the colic? You must be heartbroken.

Sending you huge ((((HUGS)))).

Again I'm so very sorry.

OMG! When I saw her this morning, she was doing a bit of pacing, but no rolling.

I'm so VERY sorry for you. So sad to read. Praying this will be the only sadness you have this season.
default_pray.gif

Run free, little girl!
default_hypocrite.gif

She did no rolling at all actually. She twisted her gut from straining so hard trying to clear the blockage. Vet did a post mortem for me to see what the blockage was. It was wood chips. Most likely from before I rescued them. Vet said she was like a time bomb. Man I hate people right now.

Im so sorry Tina. I watched her for about an hour and all I ever saw her do was some walking laps in her stall and resting standing. She is in no more pain now and she knew a good loving human mama at the end. God bless her and God speed.

Wondering how Lily is coping without her friend Tina? And yes, I had a friend who lost a horse in similar circumstances years ago - suddenly decided to eat the shavings/chips used for his bedding, the vet suggested that the horse had been searching out bits of hay that had fallen from his haynet and mixed with the bedding. Since then I have never used shavings/wood anything for my horses.

Well, she knew LOVE and CARING at the end, so you gave her the best she could have had. Some people just don't understand the does and don'ts and what it takes to keep a horse healthy and happy. So sorry you had to experience this. Sending lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}}.

Last edited:
Anna they weren't eating the stall shavings/chips, they were eating the barn for food. There was no hay or water found on the property. They were eating any boards that they could reach and bite and eating snow and any puddles that would melt. They normally had a mud pond but the cold temps froze that in Nov this winter.

OMG! Oh Tina, I'm so glad you were there be a rescue for what must have been a starving soul.

Give yourself a BIG HUG, for giving this little one a pleasant end to her life -- knowing she was loved and cherished.

Oh Tina that is terrible!! No wonder they both looked so happy and contented to be with you in those pictures you posted of them earlier in this thread. I'm so glad that Daisy finally knew what it was like to be loved and cared for before she crossed Rainbow Bridge.

More ((((HUGS)))) for you and sweet Lily!

I will be cycling the mares through the stall on the other side of Lily until one if them starts to pull ahead in the foaling race.

I try to have them in between 330-4 at night and out by 730-8 in the mornings cam time. The cams are up when they are in and off when they are out right now until they get closer.

Latest posts

Back