New Video page 32! - Happy Appy Acres

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been able to rule out one mare, she came into heat today! Woot! Woot! I'm very glad she isn't in foal!

After last years experience I'm really dreading having to foal out any of the minis. I would be happy if all of them weren't in foal and were only faking!

Yes, I know you had a really rough year last year, but remember, each year is totally different, and hopefully all babies will come safely to the ground with no difficulties this year! We're all here for you with the very same prayer!

Tina, I'm sure everything will be fine this time, luckily no two years are the same. As Diane said, we are all here with you and will be praying for easy straightforward foalings for the girls.

Thanks guys. I'm just not cut out to be a breeder. There are so many out there to buy that I don't need to breed to get what I want anyways. The stress just isn't worth it.

Well the vet is out tomorrow to give the first 2 their shots. They are at day 303 tomorrow. My vet likes to give their shots 4-6 weeks before foaling. I was talking to the person that I bought them from and they were telling me that they really didn't keep track of the days foaled at but did say that they normally only had small udders 2 weeks or so before. Not a lot to go on with them but it will have to do. They also said that they didn't get really big. They aren't as large as Sugar was the first year but they do have quite a belly on them. I have not done any blood tests or US on them so they might not really be in foal. Can you see how I talk my self out of this foaling season? I find it really easy to convince myself that no one is in foal this year, even after I have seen movement! I'm working on keeping my stress level down as we get closer! lol So far it's working. If anyone wants to have a look at them I have the cams up now. They aren't on marestare yet but just my personal connection.

http://69.168.186.78:1200

user: 88888888 (8 # 8's)

password: 88888888 (8# 8's)

they are on ch1, ch2, ch3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had the vet out. She confirmed my thoughts on the horses. The 2 sisters that were bred on 1-4 May last year she feels that they will not be foaling out on their 330 day mark but will be going later if in foal at all. They haven't lost their "waist" yet but are bigger in the belly area but just not filled in behind the ribs yet. The one donkey though she feels that she will go before the 2 sisters. I was told that she was only bred on July 19 of last year but that might not be the case because I can't see her holding out for another 4.5 months, neither can the vet. If it ever warms up here I will get some new pictures.

Well my fingers are crossed for as many healthy babies as any of these gorgeous ladies are willing to share with us.

Fingers crossed here too - would love some updated pictures.
default_yes.gif

Here are the girls. I don't think Sugar is in foal, Smiles neither (black and white pinto) or Mabes (brown and white pinto).

Ellie is the dark silver dapple and she has a udder started but it's more puffiness than filling I think, she is filled in in the flank area behind the ribs though, day 304

Diamond was having a nap and wasn't about to get up for me today. She is the biggest one that I have, but not much of an udder, day 304. I braved the elements and went back out when she was standing. Her 2 pictures are at the bottom, covered in fresh falling snow!

The donkey laying down napping is the one that the vet doesn't feel will make the July 19th due date. Doesn't have an udder but has foal movement and is big. My vet suggested that I get the heat lights ready for her. The donkeys should be 225 days today.

Once it gets warmer I will take the blankets off and get better photos. It's too cold to try and get them posed for shots yet.

Mar 4, 2014 001.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 003.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 004.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 005.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 006.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 007.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 008.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 011.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 012.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 024.JPG

Mar 4, 2014 026.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pretty group you have this year!!! Looking forward to seeing your foals, do you have your cam set up this year?

In foal or not, they are all looking great! I love the mixture of colours you have too.
default_yes.gif

Mistysmom I have my local cams up now. I have posted the link in this thread but the marestare cam isn't up yet. I'm waiting another couple weeks for that.

Here is the Donkey that should be foaling soon. Her name is Lily and she is a sweetheart! Well today for the first time Her nipples had fluid in them. It was clear but there and easily expressed. Now a question on this fluid, any guestimate on how much longer until foaling? She isn't a maiden and the date of July 19th is way off for sure so any guess would help. Do donkey's get just as pointed "v" as minis? They are longer in the body so I'm not sure.

Mar 4, 2014 028.JPG

Latest posts

Back