New Video page 32! - Happy Appy Acres

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about the "V" but with fluid starting in her nipples, I can't believe July would be an option. I would think it would be much sooner than that!

WyCherie says usually within 24 hours after they have white milk she thinks. Lol I asked in chat!!!

Praying for a safe and UNEVENTFUL delivery of a healthy baby for you. Can't wait to see and hear about a new bouncing baby!!!
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

Ok so far here is the time line:

First photo on Mar 4th

Clear liquid on Mar 6th

White milk on Mar 7th

ph at 8.4

second photo on mar 7th

Mar 8th ph at 7.8

almost no udder at all, liquid in teats

confirmed breeding on July 19th. Jack was on property where I got her from.

Mar 4, 2014 035.JPG

DSC_0092.jpg

I'm wondering. With the "confirmed breeding" on July 19.....was she only put with the jack in July, or was there access prior to that. She may be one of those ladies that will breed even after they are pregnant. If so, it would seem more likely that she is further along than the July 19th breeding would indicate. She sure seems big enough -- if that big bulge on her left side is her "little" one -- I can't imagine she will have enough room in there to carry to June -- if it's 11 months that donkey's carry? Either that, or she was really bred to an elephant -- because it sure looks like that 'baby' will be born 1/2 grown!

Ah ha! I'm with your vet. Looks like there were 2 sneaky donkeys in that pasture W-A-Y before July!

I spent the day setting up the cams and they are ready to go! We have them set to turn on Mar 15Th unless someone starts to look closer before then. Knowing that they will be on for a length of time I am trying to save the expense of the data overages that I will get charged for streaming the cams. Canada sucks for all the data overage charges! The cams will be up over night and when ever I'm not home until they all get closer and are in the barn more, then they will be on all the time. The cams will show a mares field, geldings field and 2 double stalls in the barn. As some get closer the double stalls will turn into single foaling stalls and the gelding camera will come inside to show the other side of the barns stalls for the ones in waiting. The wide angle cams that we ordered turned out to be normal view and not what we ordered but the company isn't exchanging them so we are searching for other wide angle cameras that will work with out new system.

Well there is a very active baby in there tonight. Poor little lily is getting the poop kicked out of her! Still not much of an udder but I'm not sure what her normal is for foaling. Her milk is testing at 7.4 from the 8.4 on just a few days ago.

Sounds as though she's getting close! Love the way your cams will be set up - cant wait to start watching.
default_yes.gif

Hey Tina, can't wait to see your new little babies, sounds like they are getting close to arriving, I'll help watch for you once your cameras are up and running, they are going to be such beautiful foals! <3

Thanks Cassie I just hope everyone comes without complications. A nice easy stress free foaling season, ah what a dream!

Well, if it's any help we are ALL praying for a safe and uneventful foaling season for you, full of happy, healthy babies!

Update on girls!

Smile has moved into the lead with the most udder development, following quickly behind is Diamond and Ellie (Day 315) and bring up the rear on udders is Lily the donkey. It's anyone's race as they run and go down the back stretch!

It's a guessing game really with the first and last having no history on breeding and the middle with not as much udder as I would of liked for day 315. I would suspect that they will be going late. As for the donkey, who knows her milk is white and a ph of 7.4 with only her teats full and hard with milk. Everyone else's ph is still 7.8-8.4 range.

Daisy is on colic watch, she has an impacted colic. Vet was out and tubed, pain meds are on board. please note any poop, pee and drinking. Water bucket is bottom left hand side of screen.

Latest posts

Back