new mare Rosie due any day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosie today
default_smile.png

IMG_20140531_064338.jpg

IMG_20140531_064530.jpg

IMG_20140531_064127.jpg

I'm happy to see she waited for you. Tummy needs to shift forward a bit, but some rolling will move that along. She's looking very good, but could still use a few more pounds, so make sure you're giving her full rations of a good mare/foal feed. I know she arrived quite thin, and you're doing a good job getting her in condition. I'd even give her a little extra in these last days, as she'll need lots of energy for this little one's birth! But she's looking much better!

Thanks... we where told here we can't feed our minis grain or pellets, so we decided not to go with that but just rich grasss and clovers

Who told you not to feed grain or pellets? That makes no sense to me. A good mare/foal feed will give her the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that she needs and the baby needs for good muscle and bone development. What would be the reason for no grain or pellets? I might be old, but no old enough to understand that kind of advice to you.

I was just thinking the same Diane - cant believe that anyone would give that sort of advice!

Of couse if you have plenty of good quality grass and plenty of space for roaming/exercise, then a normal healthy mini would be ok, but any mare getting ready to produce a foal needs feeding for all that extra effort (building a strong baby in the first place, then the extra energy needed for the birth, and after for the continued milk production for the nourishment of the new baby)

Your sweet girl has come to you in a poor state to start with, and although she is showing some improvement, she is nowhere in a good condition for a brood mare about to give birth and to sustain a healthy foal. You really do need to get her a good mare and foal feed as soon as possible or you may have a real struggle to keep her condition improving once the foal is here and demanding food/milk from her for its own growth/health.
default_yes.gif

Rosie today
default_smile.png
hopefully any day aha tired of waiting sorry guys fell up the stairs and had to go to the drs... and wasn't able to go on with school and an extremely sore knee -.-

20140608_203313.jpg

20140608_203224.jpg

20140608_203212.jpg

20140608_203156.jpg

She's looking very good. A few good rolls to move baby a bit forward of center, and it's hard to tell, but I think she might need to elongate a bit more. Hard to tell in the picture.

She's doing just fine!

She is looking wonderful and you are correct she has put on some weight.

Best of luck to you Miniaturehorselover cant wait to see what she has been hiding.
default_thumbup.gif

OH, she is looking so VERY much better. Come on little momma.....we're all waiting to see what you're hiding in there!

Hardly feel her back bones
default_smile.png
she got self serve food aha munch and go.so she can gain some pounds.. hopefully baby soon -.- so much for couple days eh?

Self serve food - I like it !! Her very own drive thru
default_yes.gif

They sure do like to make us wait. she will decide when the time is right.

Im sure shes preparing an extra special one
default_thumbup.gif

Yup aha I just give her a bale she eats what she can and then lies down.on the rest
default_smile.png
aha hopefully soon im tired of waiting. . After the death of my yearling also first miniature I been wanting a new baby ever since...so this one im hoping is special
default_smile.png

Rosie is looking much better
default_smile.png
and she sure is getting low! Cute!

She is looking wonderful, good job with her miniaturehorselover! Can't wait to see what she is cooking up!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back