Need Lots Of Good Thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
As most of you know I've had a horrible foaling record this year........

4 mares bred...... 2 late term abortions......... 1 red bag dystocia birth in early April, foal didn't survive.

My last bred mare, Ellie, is due in June.

She's at 280 days today. My vet wanted to check her around 275-280 to see how things were doing because her foal last year was born at 314 days and was preemie with many problems.

So he came out today and ultrasounded her.

Good news......foal seems to be ok for now.

Bad news........Ellie has Placentitis and the placenta has already detached slightly right near the cervix.

She is on high dose SMZ's and Regumate and the vet will re-check in 10 days.

So I'm asking for you all to send good thoughts this way and please keep your fingers crossed.

At this point, I'm not holding out hope for the foal, as long as Ellie comes through ok I will be happy with that.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of good thoughts and every finger I got is crossed. We've been having a bit of a rough year ourselves. Best of luck with your mare. Please keep us posted.

prayers for a safe foaling

for your mare and foal
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Lori

Oh gee, you sure have had a terrible foaling season this year, and now this too. I hope and pray your little mare hangs onto that foal for you, and that you end up with a healthy new foal, and a healthy mama too!

Sending best wishes and prayers for your mare and her foal
default_pray.gif
: Please keep us posted on how things go.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way for things to go well. I'm glad you got her checked and are treating her, hopefully all will go well.

krisp

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way for things to go well. I'm glad you got her checked and are treating her, hopefully all will go well.

krisp

krisp

[SIZE=14pt]Boy I hear you .... bred 4 mares, lost the first two foals AND the mares also... same thing red bag and a distocia both together.... Also there was placentitis in both of the mares so we have put Bailey and will put Carbon on prophylactic antibiotics as well.... Have no idea where the infection came from . All four mares were bred to different stallions so no std thing going on there.... Who knows???? Praying for your mare and her foal..... each day closer to due date is a good thing![/SIZE]

Lyn

I'm so sorry for your losses. Good for you for getting the mare checked so you know what you are up against. Sending prayers and good thoughts for both the mare and her unborn foal, hoping that the end of your foaling season is MUCH different than the rest of it has been.

I hope things go well for you....I read your post and my heart sank for you. What an awful experience for you to have one bad thing happen after another.

I pray you have a healthy foal and mare at the end of this.......Goodness knows you deserve to have a success story after all your losses.

Oh this has been a trying season for you has'nt it? I'm so sorry and good thought going out that this little mare and foal make it, and are bouncing and healthy.

You went a hard time through, please hang in there.

Prayers and good thoughts to your mare and foal.

Anita

Little Texas Minis

Sulpur Springs TX

Lindz, you already know what I think, sending you lots of support.

Thank you all for all the good thoughts being sent this way.
default_wub.png
:

I will keep everyone up to date on Ellie's progress.

Thank you all for all the good thoughts being sent this way.
default_wub.png
:

I will keep everyone up to date on Ellie's progress.

Best of luck, Lindsay!

Our Mercy was diagnosed with placentitis at 287 days gestation in 2001 - our vet prescribed SMZs, Regumate and Bute (low dose but it has an antiprostaglandin effect).

Tristan was born at 304 days gestation, healthy and happy - and very much "out of the blue" (his show name).

I wish you the best with your mom-to-be and her baby... keep us posted!
default_yes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Prayers for you and your mare are coing your way.

Ginny StP

Latest posts

Back