My Stallion I Had Critiqued last year.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VernB

Reaction score
This is Lucky F Stylish Little Man. I Purchased him last May and asked for a critique on him. Many said," he's not stallion quality." I have just given him a better diet. and wanted to share some pics. The first pic is the one I put on last year,the first week I got him. The other 2 pics are him through the year.The last pics are him this week. Please tell me what you think of him. I can take it. I am thinking about getting him registered with AMHR wich will cost me $400 Think He's worth it????
82812x4.jpg

82812x2.jpg

82812x3.jpg

075400.jpg

073578.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]I would say yes it is worth it. You have done a great job with him. From the very first pic I would have said no but the last pic is so much improved![/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Is he already amha if not there is no hardshipping unknown horses.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I don't critique, but wow he sure looks good, I love his color.

If it is worth it to you - he is worth it.

Do I think he would be an AMHA National Grand Champion halter stallion? no I don't

but none of my horses would be either.

He is a beautiful color - he has a kind eye - it is your opinion that really counts - and the opinions of people who might want to buy his offspring.

You never know but some stallions really produce babies that are quite superior to their father.

Am I saying I don't like your stallion - NO NO NO - I am not saying that.

Am I saying there is something wrong with your stallion -- NO NO NO - I am not saying that.

Personally I admire that you are asking this question - I don't think I would post any of my horses for critique - my skin is not thick enough -- and there are many experts who have different preferences and opinions from my own --

JJay

Congratulations, I think he looks wonderful. You did a great job.

Edit to add, I checked his pedigree and when I did I also saw that this isn't a baby at all. He was three when she took the first picture and is now only 4. Not so much maturing as good care, feeding and conditioning. You should be proud of yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh he his so dang cute! You know I already like him since he is my filly's big brother! My great friend owns his sire too! and of course my good friend who I am buying my filly from owns his dam! I like him alot! his sire is DANG NICE, and its sad that he is only AMHA, but defenetly he would be worth hardshipping! Let me know if you would like to lady who owns his sire's e-mail!

I think he is GREAT!

Gage

It is so interesting to see how he looks now. He does look nice and you deserve much of the credit. Also the maturity of a horse makes a difference. Nice looking! Patience also pays off.

Yes Gage,

Please give me some info on who own his Sire. I really want to see some pictures of him.

I remember your last post asking about him the first time, WOW he came a long way!! I think what the issue was, was that he was lacking a butt =) And it was a horrible position to be in for a photo to critique...the new photo's are great, you have him squared up, his legs are straight and he has gorgeous golden color!! =)

He looks great!!! They can sure change as they mature and fill out.

He's very pretty and at the end of the day, it is your choice.

I would not use him as a breeding stallion.

No glaring faults, just not quite up to my standards.
default_smile.png

this thread really got me excited for you, i had the same problem with my horse last year, alot of people judges included thought he lacked in butt lol :lol: it was as if the front of him was three and his butt was a yearling, i think the problem is that miniature horses seem to develop there back end last, now when i took him to a show this year the judge couldnt believe it was the same horse,!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:she thought he looked fantastic
default_yes.gif
: the change in him is unbelievable, well done!!! :aktion033: id say hardship him, youve done a lot of work with him, he deserves to be hardshipped, let us know how you get on ,hes a beautiful colour,very easy on the eyes :new_shocked: :lol:

Well, I think he's really nice and you should be very proud of the work you've put into him. I do like him!

You should be very proud of him! Yes! I'd use him as a stallion. I also would never ask that question on here. You're very brave.
[SIZE=12pt]Wow - what an improvement - good luck with what ever you decide to do with him![/SIZE]

Lori

Now that is wonderful to see him come so far with a bit of tlc and groceries and some maturing!!

he looks great, I am sure you are thrilled with him:)

Whatever you have done, he looks wonderful!

If it is important to you to have her double registered then I would do it!

I think that he looks wonderful. You did a really good job with him.

You are to be commended for the excellent condition he now appears to be in! That said, I must echo Rabbitsfizz' sentiments-I would no more use the horse as a breeding stallion now than I would have when the first photos of him were posted-at least, based on what I can tell from the photos.

:aktion033: :aktion033: He looks WONDERFUL!!!! As someone else said he may not be "Natinals" material BUT I like his conformation, there is nothing wrong with this stallion and if he were mine I would use him as a stallion and evaluate his first foals to see what he and the chosen mare produces. I don't think it's fair in this case to say "no I wouldn't use him" until you do a "test run" :bgrin .

Latest posts

Back