my husband is nearing the end of his long fight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect picture for all of us to capture the kind of man he is.

xox Leonie xox

So hi to you Gary! I see you were "just a swingin'" LOL I still love that picture of you and the QH by the barn..great picture too.

Glad it went nicely today and you can't beat pudding! Yumm..was it chocolate? MM

Please keep enjoying what you can and relish every moment guy!

Carl (Maxine's husband)

Yes, there is a very carefree air to that picture!! Thank you for sharing it!!!

Glad to hear things went well today, and that he isn't in pain!!

lots of hugs and puppy kisses from the gang here (I am even sporting a hickey on my chin from a few extra snuggles with the little ones... :DOH!
default_biggrin.png
)

~kathryn

Thanks for sharing the pic.....makes him closer to me now that I can see his face! Prayers to you all.

Great picture! I hope today is a good day for you all.....

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} Kathy

After seeing what a care free guy he is I'm sure Gary was dancing with you the other day. Thanks for letting us have a peek at him. Prayers for another good day for you all.

this will be quick...gary woke up this morning!!! i cut his pain meds in half last night, he slept all night and this morning seems to be a little refreshed. i removed the oxygen, his breathing is nice and even and he is no longer struggling. i will keep it handy, in case he needs it again but for now, he's doing fine w/o it.

he asked for some coffee so i gave him a few tiny sips from the end of a straw. i asked him if he thinks he might feel good enough to sit in his chair today and he said yes. i am so hoping we can have him up and in his chair before the hospice nurse arrives.

i still plan to go talk to the funeral director today. i know it's inevitable, i will need his services sooner than later and i don't see the sense in waiting.

we never know how long these good periods will last. sometimes gary will rally for several hours, other times only for a few minutes before he slips back into a deep sleep. for however long they last, nana and i and usually 2 or 3 of gary's brothers revel in them.

when we were putting gary in his chair on sunday, george and rod were on each side of him and i was guiding his hips back to the chair. i said "one more step sweetie" and he didn't move. i repeated "one more step, just one more step and then you can sit." i thought he was falling and i gasped. george started laughing and told me gary was dancing with me. that stinker was standing there and moving his feet as if he was dancing and he was grinning and winking at george. he's STILL trying to make me laugh!

in all of this, i can see a little humor here and there. yesterday and last night, it was almost as if we were at his wake. once in a while, one of us would slip up and refer to him in the past tense. we had to keep reminding each other than he is still here and it looks like today, HE will be the one to keep us on our toes.

more later and thank you for your kind words. never in a bazillion years did i ever think *I* could inspire other people. if i have, that's nice but i hope i never EVER have to talk any of you through this experience. i can honestly say, although i questioned my faith more than once in the very beginning, i have grown so much closer to God. if nothing else good comes out of this, at least i have that.

love & hugs to you all. xoxoxo nina
Wow, lots of tears from here also. This so reminded me of my dad. This truely is a season of Thanksgiving for you and yours. Hug him tight and my prayers and light continue.

[SIZE=12pt]Charlene-[/SIZE]

I'm thinking about you and Gary this morning and hoping you will have a peaceful day together. Lots of prayers coming your way.

Barbie

I hope you all can have a wonderful day. Thoughts and prayers continue for you and Gary,

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy

Just saw the picture of Gary, what a fun bright spirit he has! I wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving filled with good food, family and happy memories.
default_saludando.gif

Charlene.....I want you to know that you & Gary are in my heart & prayers. Live every day to the fullest & savor every moment together.
default_wub.png

Charlene just wanted you and Gary to know I thought of you several times yesterday. I told everyone at my dinner table about your circumstances and about your request and I told them that I loved them. It got me a hug from my daughter and a "well it's nice to know cause you sure don't act it" comment from my sister.
default_rolleyes.gif
(I'd do a LOL here, but it really isn't funny.) Anyway hope your Thanksgiving was good and that today is even better.

Happy Day after Thanksgiving! And NO I'm not shopping, I'd never survive those crowds today..

Hope today you see a small bit of sun, a glimmer of light in Gary's eye, hold a caring hand..and know I'm thinking of you.

Maxine

Hey Charlene!

I was just thinking of you guys. Sending prayers your way
thank you, brandi! i'm not having such a great day today. i have been going through some old VCR tapes. i have a friend who is going to make a CD and include films of gary doing things around the farm. this will be played during the visitation we are planning.

several years ago, long before gary got sick, i put the camcorder on the table next to the couch and i secretly video taped him playing the piano for me. we have so many songs that are "our songs" and he played each of them. before he got sick, this man could sing like an angel and he absolutely loved his piano. watching those videos today, i just became profoundly sad. i know i will always have the tapes and i will always have the wonderful memories but i will never again get to hear him sing and play for me.

yesterday was pretty intense for gary and today he was having some back pain so i had to give him a dose of morphine. he has been sleeping for the past several hours but is resting comfortably. i had a long talk with his mom and his brothers today and we all agreed, it is time we ask God for mercy and to please take him home soon. we do not want to see him linger this way.

as always, your prayers are so welcome and we all appreciate them more than words can say.

charlene

awww Charlene.....wish there was something I could do to help, but I know there is nothing aside from the fact of having Gary back healthy that would make it feel better.

You truly are a wonderful person!! Cherish all those years...and I'm sure you wouldn't have rather missed 'the dance' than go through the pain you are going through now...

I hope all of us here thinking about and praying for you and Gary make the hard times a little easier....

(((((HUGS)))))

~kathryn

I so admire your strenght Charlene! It takes such a strong spirit to put your own desire to hold a person close to let them go. May your final hours, days or weeks be filled with tears of joy at remembering the person you so love and calm in both your hearts.

Dear, dear Charlene I am so sorry. It's really starting to hit home now eh? What a treat it will be for all to hear and see him play those songs! Good on you for sharing..I know they're very private but if at any time you feel up to it, I'm sure we'd love to see some of it..maybe sometime in the future
default_smile.png

As always Bless you and keep you strong and safe in the arms of your loved ones around you.

Maxine

Latest posts

Back