My Dad is in the hospital. Thoughts and prayers needed!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a small update.

I just got done talking to my Mom. She says that Dad is sounding a bit better today. Last night he was in the frame of mind where he replied "Right now I don't really care" when I told him that he was not allowed to die. Today Mom said that my Dad thinks the worst part of it is over, and Mom got to talk with their DR and so far so good. It is still being said that he is not out of the woods yet, but at least they are allowing him to sit in a chair right next to the bed. But that is all the movement that he is allowed to do. They did an ultasound on his leg, and he has more clots in it, so they definately have to still worry. But for now things are stable and progress is being made.

I know all your thoughts and prayers are helping! Thanks so much!

Oh thanks for the update
default_wub.png
:

Nila, I'm still sending my healing prayers to your dad. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Thank you for the update, I have been worrying about him, but it sounds like he's doing better which has to bring at least a little comfort.

Best wishes,

Liz M.

Nila,

Good update. I have an idea of what you are going through.......Your poor dad is on a list of meds, including a bunch of blood thinners....not fun. And they don't want him being too active until they know the clots are under control because they don't want them traveling.

The fact that they are letting your father out of bed is a GOOD sign! Hang in there, my friend........

MA

Prayers for your dad Nila and prayers to you and your family.

Just another update...

Dad is going to be released to come home tomorrow morning assuming all goes well tonight. The Drs are happy with his progress, and he will still be on oxygen when he gets home. He will be on strong blood thinners for at least 6 months, and we have to keep his activity restricted enough to keep the huge bloodclot in his left lung from moving, and to keep the other multiple ones in both lungs from moving. And the ones in his leg we have to be careful with.

Still, for him to be coming home now at all is nothing short of a miracle IMO as many people have died from much less.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next 6 months as any injury could be life threatening with his blood not being able to clot.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayer!

Many hugs to each one of you!

Oh Nila, I hope he can come home tomorrow and this will be all fine and over for you, enough is enough!! ((Hugs)))

Nila, coming back from the hospital from being with my Dad since his accident on Friday, I was so glad to hear that your dad is doing so much better. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers and that he continues on the road to recovery when he gets home. I don't know when my Dad will be coming home. He seems to be better today. Tomorrow more tests to be run and meetings with the doctors. Best wishes to you and your family...and may God Bless.

Latest posts

Back