My Dad is in the hospital. Thoughts and prayers needed!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunQuest

Reaction score
Well, I tried to post earlier today, but my post was lost and I couldn't get back to the forum
default_sad.png

Anyway, my Mom called this morning and told me that my Dad is in the hospital in Intensive care due to blood clots in his lungs and that Mom had been at the hospital all night with him. He has been put on extremely stong blood thinners that are given by IV. There is a lot of risk with this treatment because if he has any internal bleeding that no one is aware of, he could have some major issues. While I don't know anything about what he is on, I was told that there is only 1 other medicine that is stronger that they won't use unless everything else fails. Sounds like he will be in intensive care for at least 3 days. Hopefully I will know more later this evening after seeing him.

Please keep him and us in your thoughts / prayers.

I am telling you all, I am not sure how much more I can take of this. The last 3 months have been pure "you know what" as I was in the hospital in May, immediately followed by my grandmother (Dad's mom) going into the hospital and then she passed away 2 weeks later, and now my Dad.

I am so close to Dad now. I treasure him being in my life, and at this moment I am so upset over this. The worst part is that he wasn't feeling well this weekend, and he went to one of those quick medical places on Saterday, followed by a DR visit with his normal DR on Monday. Both places felt that he was just fighting a virus of some type. Well, last night he couldn't breath (at least that is what Mom said to me today) and they took him to the hospital. The DRs in the hospital said that my Dad was extremely lucky to still be walking. :no: The way Mom made it sound, it sounded like he could have very easily died!

I guess the blood clots are so bad that he has basically no air intake in his left lung. So needless to say I am very very worried about him and have been in tears off and on this afternoon. :no:

And everyone, take some advice... If you get a bad internal leg injury, make sure you get it checked out! While it may heal on it's own, there is a risk for blood clots! Dad tore a muscle in his calf that ultimately caused this, but it didn't seem too bad at the time. And both DRs overlooked this and I am sure Dad didn't tell them that he injured himself as he thought he was just fighting some kind of bug.

Will keep your DAd, you and your family in my prayers. Praying for a speedy recovery and strength for you all to get through it.
default_pray.gif
:

sending prayers for you and your family nila. so hope things turn around soon!

I'm sending prayers your way - hope when you update us, it is with good news.

Barbie

Nila I am so sorry for what you've been thru this year. Know that your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers as well as you and your family. God bless.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts, Nila. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this in addition to what you've already experienced.

I think it sounds like you are your loved ones are due for a well-deserved break and some peace.

Liz M.

Nila.. I'm sorry for what your Father is going thu. I'm praying for your Dad's recovery and for

you and your Mom to have strength during this time.

Gini

{{{{{{Nila}}}}}} I'm sending PRAYERS and healing thoughts to your dad!

You and your family has been through enough this year. I pray your dad gets better quick!

Oh Nila! How awful. My power has been off all day most times and I had no idea! Sending good strong prayers for his recovery. You take care now. Hugs. Debs

I just got back from visiting Dad. The Drs won't give a prognosis. They say that it can go either way and that they his clots are very large ones. They also said that they have seen many patients that have died with clots that were smaller than his.

Thanks for the prayers.... Just remember that these clots have to slowly disolve and not move to his heart. I am not ready to loose my Dad yet. He isn't even 65! I will update when I know more.

Sunquest,

Bless your heart, they say, God won't give you more than you can handle.. but sometimes I wonder!! I will pray for you and your Dad. I will tell David about this too, and he will pray for your family. Its so hard to watch our parents getting older and not doing so good. I pray that God will give you some inner peace to be able to deal with his illness.

You are in my thoughts

Lara Pier

My prayers are with you and your family! Healing thoughts and prayers are headed your way!
angel4.gif

I will keep your father in my thoughts and prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

Keeping your dad in my prayers as I go to bed tonight, Nila.

MA

Nila, you and your dad are in my prayers!!! I'm very close to my dad, too, and just reading this hurts. I am praying!

Oh, Nila - I am so sorry for all that you have been through recently. Please know that I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Best,

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back