Mini Make Overs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mock2Farms

Reaction score
So I washed 4 of my guys today and clipped my stallion. I havent really conditioned him at all because Ive been so busy moving and getting our barn up/running. Im pretty happy with him though! He looks a little thin to me, so opinions are welcome on his weight. He also got his tail cut (which is a BIG thing for me.. I dont cut tails). It drug behind him like 18" though and always got in the way at shows. I chopped it off and now Im so happy with the way it looks! I took a couple pictures of him and one of our mares.. The mare needs to be clipped and then kept out of the sun. She is fading horribly! We are probably going to a couple shows in June now that we are getting settled in so Im pretty excited.

Flash:

horses002.jpg

Dolly:

horses017.jpg

default_saludando.gif
VERY nice looking horses! Your stallion is GORGEOUS! He is deffinately thin looking though. Some shredded beet pulp, oats and a little grain mixed with that would do wounders!!! That beet pulp puts awesome toplines on a horse! Everyone gets beet pulp & whole oats here..... there's actually only a couple that get a little extra grain added to thier beet pulp & oats.... And my show horses get only alfalfa with it, grass hay puts a belly on them (for me)......

Very nice looking horses!!
default_yes.gif

WOW
default_new_shocked.gif
Flash is very "flashy" heheheheh :DOH! I really like his markings!!!!!!!! Nice looking horses
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
VERY nice looking horses! Your stallion is GORGEOUS! He is deffinately thin looking though. Some shredded beet pulp, oats and a little grain mixed with that would do wounders!!! That beet pulp puts awesome toplines on a horse! Everyone gets beet pulp & whole oats here..... there's actually only a couple that get a little extra grain added to thier beet pulp & oats.... And my show horses get only alfalfa with it, grass hay puts a belly on them (for me)......

Very nice looking horses!!
default_yes.gif

I agree.. This is his first year breeding and I swear he is loosing weight because of it. His hormones had him going crazy and then Im sure our move didnt help. I am actually getting him some beet pulp today and he is currently on grain and oats. He gets 80% alfalfa 20% timothy pellets in the morning/night, a bit of hay at lunch, then his grain/oats AM & PM with the pellets.

Thank you all for the comments. I love him and her.

Latest posts

Back