midnight star stables: my name is Midnight!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Desiree,

Thought your name was familiar! You emailed me about my stallion, Promised Lands Toy Soldier" a while back. Looks like you're having alot of fun with your own stallion & I agree he looks pretty good for that age. We have a few seniors at our farm too which require special care/feed. And I see you've got a contest going too. Busy girl! Maybe some of my 4-H'ers will enter? I'll let them know.

Sandy

ForMiniSeasonsFarm said:
Gage said:
ForMiniSeasonsFarm said:
Gage said:
I am not sure but I think BOTH parents have to be AMHR rigisterd for the baby to be registerd!!  if any of the parents are not register the foal CAN NOT be registerd unless hard shipped!! so if you bred a AMHR/AMHA stallion to a unregisterd mare the baby CAN NOT be registerd!

-Gage-

417516[/snapback]

Wrong. If one parent is AMHA and the other is AMHR, you can register the foal in AMHR, but you cannot register the foal in AMHA(they are very strict).

AMHR is more lenient, they allow a parent to be unregistered

417560[/snapback]

I just found out BOTH parents have to be AMHR for the foal to be AMHR!!

417645[/snapback]

Hmm, thats odd, because My mom called and asked them. The stallions was AMHA and the mare is AMHR, we can only register her with AMHR

417674[/snapback]

Are you sure that the stallion wasnt AMHA/AMHR? I asked a couple of breeders and they said that both parents have to be registerd with the AMHR to have a AMHR baby!! Maybe someone will explain to us!!

-Gage-

Yes both parents must be AMHR to registure AMHR. IF one was AMHA only you would have to registure them first into AMHR and then registure the foal.

[SIZE=14pt]If a stallion is amha and the mare is only R twenty years ago it wasnt such a big deal because hardship was regular price practically but Ashley is correct I have been breeding for over 20 years ..... both parents must be amhr for a foal to be registered R. Sorry but your old boy is not registerable and neither are his ofspring.[/SIZE]

Jessica your mom is wrong. She must have missunederstood whoever she called.

Lyn

lilfoot Posted Today, 02:54 PM

Welcome Desiree,

Thought your name was familiar! You emailed me about my stallion, Promised Lands Toy Soldier" a while back. Looks like you're having alot of fun with your own stallion & I agree he looks pretty good for that age. We have a few seniors at our farm too which require special care/feed. And I see you've got a contest going too. Busy girl! Maybe some of my 4-H'ers will enter? I'll let them know.

Sandy

hello!

how is ur little guy? i have been talking 2 one of our 4-h members already, the one who love & leases 'wee man'! lol. hey, think u could enter a pic of Soldier? that way i could see him, you could show him off & it would help promote the contest? hry let me know what u think thanks

Desiree

Ohhh boy. I took out the AMHR rulebook and read it to her. I guess she saw on the registration papers it says "A horse who is registered with AMHA may be registered with AMHR"

I guess we will have to hardship.

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]If a stallion is amha and the mare is only R twenty years ago it wasnt such a big deal because hardship was regular price practically but Ashley is correct I have been breeding for over 20 years ..... both parents must be amhr for a foal to be registered R. Sorry but your old boy is not registerable and neither are his ofspring.[/SIZE]Jessica your mom is wrong. She must have missunederstood whoever she called.

Lyn

417748[/snapback]

The only way his offspring could be registerd is if they stayed under the 34'' then they could hardship it to AMHA and then make the horse AMHR!!

-Gage-

lol

i guess world class is a good enoph reg for this old boy

& if i got a foal off this old guy, i'd be happy if it had 4 legs & a head!

the babys reg isn't that important, if he was younger & i was planing 2 bred more mares, then i would try harder,

but as i said, a couple show & 1 baby, World Class reg is just good enoph 4 us !!

thanks

desiree

[SIZE=14pt]Yes Gage, they would have to wait till the foal is 5 hope it is under 34 since this stallion is 35, pay 600 dollars if it is a filly or 1200 for a colt and then pay another 260 dollars to get it hardshipped into R.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I am wondering why you want to breed him in the first place? if you want a foal so bad why not look for a bred mare? Have you considered that fact that him being that old, he may very well be starile?

Buckeroo is 28 and still reproducing!!! I think it would be GREAT if you gelded his foals!!!

-Gage-

this guy has helped me in alot of tight/ bad things & i love him, he is geting older, yes but when he goes, i want something 2 rememder him be, & what better than a baby?

i don't want to bred for a year or 2 which gives me 2-3 years before i get a nother mini, & we will be more ready

besides we're not rich & bred mare are expensive! breeding ur own mare is cheeper, with or without ur own stud

sad.gif
if mid is starile, i will be very sad, but i'll live..... i'll just pray he's not!

thanks 4 ur suport u guys!
yes.gif

woundering, y do horses go starile?how common is it?

& i guess it can't be fixed(sperm just go dead?),, i know what it is but i don't know details, could sum one help!!!

desiree

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]As male anythings age their sperm count goes down. Some animals that have not been used for breeding both mares and stallions can become baren and impotent from lack of use. There are many stallions out there in their 20s that are still breeding. Here is the dilema I see if you are planing to breed him to your filly when she is 3..... how big do you think she will get? She appears to be finer boned than he is. The thickness and coarsness of your stallion could pose a problem with a little mare foaling the first time.[/SIZE]

Lyn

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]As male anythings age their sperm count goes down. Some animals that have not been used for breeding both mares and stallions can become baren and impotent from lack of use. There are many stallions out there in their 20s that are still breeding. Here is the dilema I see if you are planing to breed him to your filly when she is 3..... how big do you think she will get? She appears to be finer boned than he is. The thickness and coarsness of your stallion could pose a problem with a little mare foaling the first time.[/SIZE]Lyn

418384[/snapback]

yes I agree w/Lyn! You need to get a mare that is the simalar heigth and build cause if you bred a biger stallion to a smaller finer boned maiden mare than there is a possible chance you are going to have problems and you could loose the foal AND the mare

-Gage-

yes i do know this, & just saying i would breed in 5 or 6 years, first i'm breeding her to a 29-31" stallion, then the next yaer to a 32-34" stallion then midnight(35")

i will work her up to it, & she will be 33-34 anyways, or i might boral a mini for a friend, whatever is better

joy is built fine, but midnight is more fine, he has a think neck, thats all.

can a horse be sraile if he act like he can /will/wants to breed?

desiree

You would have to wait till your filly is 3 or 4 years old!!

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back