midnight star stables: my name is Midnight!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes... i already have 2 stallionns 4 her, then she will have a 2 year break then i will breed her to the first stallion again... both staillions are 31" & all her foals will be wc/amha/amhr reg...

but i want a baby from midnight... joy kids would be nice... but i might even hold off on that cuz i wanna show, & i'm not yet lookin to be a breeder... i just want mid geans... & i talked to his last owner & he came from an alberta rodeo man who breed him twice, then he was sold 2 the people in oakville (& him & billy became friends
rolleyes.gif
) & oneor two night he got out with some of their (10-30) mare & bred every one of them & so the year we bought him he had a lot foals on the ground
new_shocked.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
but that was 17 years ago..

but at lease we know it has been done!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

desiree

WELL GEUSS WHAT!!??!!
biggrin.gif

when mid breed all those mares, many are still alive... so i'm on a quest to to find one
new_shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif
i think it will take a while... but i hope to get one!! they would be old now to.. so they would be cheap! wish me luck!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

then i wouldn't have to worrie if he was stairle
yes.gif

desiree

but if i couldn't get a baby... heres a pic of my quarter horse... i think the baby would be a bay..
laugh.gif
he he my first horse was a bay & next to blacks, i love bays! (light ones not dark bay/brown)

this is rusty penny, my reg qh:

rusty.jpg

smile.gif
desiree

Just remember that if none of the parents have the agouti gene it cant be passed on to the foal!!

-Gage-

I am not good at explaining it but i will give it a try!! Bay's have the agouti gene! Its what makes the legs black! Also Buckskins are bay's, just with the cream gene! So no agouti is not bad its just a coloration gene. it cant be passed on if none of the parents have it, I think!

-Gage-

the only thing I can think of out of a black and a sorrel is a black or a sorrel! maybe someone else can tell you more!

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends if the black is homozygous black, then you will get black. If the black is heterozygous black, you have a 50% chance of getting black, 50% chance of chestnut.

Of course if the chestnut is carrying agouti (the gene that modifies a black horse into a bay horse) then the black offspring you get could just as easily come out bay.

Then again if the black is smokey black and is "hiding" the cream gene, you add palomino (and buckskin if the sorrel parent is carrying agouti) into the list of possible colors!

If the sorrel parent is a Mini and is hiding silver, then you add in silver dapple (and silver bay if the sorrel parent carries agouti!) into the list too!

That is why one should never breed for color!!

lol ok

so i want to test mid(the stud) to see if he is A:black baced & B:cream baced... right

so how do i doit? is there a form? do i ship away? tell me how to do it & i will get him tested

wacko.gif

desiree

you know he is black based cause he is black!! You could test him to see if he has the cream gene but if he has it it is not called cream based, it just means they have a dilute gene to lighten them up!!!

Do you know what color his parents are?

-Gage-

Latest posts

Back