MIA maiden mare pregnant for 2012 Mia Foaled Pinto Filly On 3/30/12

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Uniden Wireless Security cameras and I got them from Walmart on Black Friday on sale. I think they were $150 and normally $250. Comes with 2 outdoor cams and a receiver with a monitor on it.

Any news??
default_smile.png

we have a pinto filly born at 10am this morning. i am so glad my daughter was at home. it was tied fit.I ran home just in time to save the foal.

here she is long legs.

she has foal legs right now.

IMAG0493.jpg

Do you think she is sorrel pinto or poss a dark palomino pinto? she has lighten alot since this morning
IMAG0502-2.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

IMAG0506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, she is adorable. I think she is sorrel but I am not very good at judging foal colours.

IMAG0497-1.jpg
I love her.I am so excited she is pinto.We were hoping buckskin pinto o well.We are thankful she is okay.She has blaze face.Thanks you all. Her sire is palomino so she could have cream gene
default_smile.png
. We love her. She scared me this morning it was tight fit since her mom was maiden mare. I have to help her be born. I am so tied. I was reminder on how often they should nurse.She has had four BM already, so that is good. Mia is doing great so far. :)Mia wasn't sure when the filly was born, but Mia is loving her now
default_smile.png

Please keep mia and her new filly in your prayers first few days alway crazy

once I know filly is out of the woods I can sleep until May my other mare is due june but foals early.

Oh many congratulations - she is lovely! Well done you and well done Mia too!!

Keep the pictures coming please. One thing I would say is please remove Mia's headcollar - too many accidents happen to foals where they get a leg caught in the mare's headcollar. Not worth the risk unless perhaps there is a really important reason why a mare must wear a headcollar!

Oh many congratulations - she is lovely! Well done you and well done Mia too!!

Keep the pictures coming please. One thing I would say is please remove Mia's headcollar - too many accidents happen to foals where they get a leg caught in the mare's headcollar. Not worth the risk unless perhaps there is a really important reason why a mare must wear a headcollar!
i will remove halter these are photos right after her birth thanks
default_smile.png

bluebike065.jpg

bluebike075.jpg

PHOTOS From this morning.
default_smile.png
We have to watch her front legs.The vet thinks she will be fine time will tell

Congratulations! She's lovely!!!

She sure looks sorrel, but it's true that you can't really tell sometimes. Here is a pic of a foal I registered as sorrel (and named Scarlet!LOL). Then here is an adult pic of the same horse. She was tested and found to carry creme. She is by two palominos. You just never know!!

goldie08foalhead2.jpg

scarletAMHACentralShow20112web.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! She's lovely!!!

She sure looks sorrel, but it's true that you can't really tell sometimes. Here is a pic of a foal I registered as sorrel (and named Scarlet!LOL). Then here is an adult pic of the same horse. She was tested and found to carry creme. She is by two palominos. You just never know!!
wow nice horse. Do you have different photos of this horse so I can see changes in color :)I love her
default_smile.png
. I sure would love for my filly to turn out PALOMINO

The filly sire is solid palomino. The filly dam is black pinto but could be smokey black pinto because the filly dam's sire is buckskin.I sure was hoping for buckskin pinto o well. she is a doll

My filly this morning at two days old.

she looks so much better. we need name for her
default_smile.png

IMAG0544-1.jpg

how do you send in hair samlple on this little foals?

Oh she's such a pretty girl Melissa - and what a change in her legs! Isn't is amazing what a couple of days will do.

Just a suggestion - if you haven't let her out into a big 'space' yet (and I think she is ready) it would be safer for her if you keep Mia on a headcollar and lead to start with. Spend half an hour leading her round to exercise her and letting her graze in hand. I would do 3 sessions of this for the first day, then repeat on the second day, perhaps letting Mia free at the end of the second day. What you want is for the filly to scamper around but not for Mia to go trotting off loose making/forcing baby follow, taking exercise that for the next couple of days might tire those legs out.

Hope I have explained this ok, and I hope it helps. So many brood mares - pleased to have lost the weight of carrying their babies - take off for a gallop around when first let loose after having been contained in smaller areas, and this is what you dont want to happen just yet with your little one, but she does need to have a run round at her own speed and in her own time.
default_yes.gif

oooh I can't see the pic :*( can you maybe repost for us please? I would love to see what your gorgeous girl produced!

Mia is a lovely mare!

Congratulations on a lovely filly!! YAY

oh woops we posted at the same time hehe sorry. WOW what a lovely marked filly! congratulations again! she is beautiful! :D good job Mia!!

Latest posts

Back